Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Mom’s response was one I had not expected. She sighed. We all stared at her a minute in surprise until she mumbled, “Oh, thank goodness!”
Although Lois didn't expect this, I have to say that this is the perfect Ellen reaction. It's completely what I would've expected of her character, even if I didn't really expect it. And the whole Superman affair thing completely makes sense for her to suspect, given her own experience.

Loved this whole part, as always.

Columnist
Columnist
It was nice to see Ellen concerned with Lois and Clark's marriage. The scene with her parents was very nice and seemed like a balm for the soul while we are waiting for word on their baby,

Columnist
Columnist
The interaction between Lois and her parents was very nice and natural, and I'm glad that both she and Sam showed such concern about the baby.

But, we're still no further forward in knowing how the baby is doing. Poor Lois and Clark. I'm pretty stressed just reading this story, so I can imagine how they are feeling. wink

Hopefully, next time they'll get some good news. smile

Yours Jenni

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh you are cruel leaving us (and them) hanging like this! I expect to be greatly relieved and happy come the end of part 9.

Please? grovel

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
After reading the other responses, I don't have much to add. But I, too, very much liked Lois and Clark's talk with Sam and Ellen, and I was glad that Ellen had not been, as you put it, completely clueless about Clark.

I'm glad that Lois's gestational sac has grown, but I'm worried about the fact that Evelyn still can't see a baby. And they won't know more for another week and a half.

Poor Lois and Clark. Talk about a stressful situation.

Ann

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
5.5 weeks - if that's the approximate gestational age given the baby's Kryptonianness - is a bit early to see a baby. We saw 3 of ours between 6.5 and 7 weeks but didn't try any earlier than that either. It's how #2 on have had 'nut' nicknames. She was half the size of a peanut when we first saw her. She's Peanut, then Walnut, then Cashew. If we have another, Bethy has already dubbed it Macademia.

My heart continues to break for the, but at leasat things *seem* to be progressing. Sam and Ellen were great.

More soon.
Carol

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks all for the comments!

I was really worried about the revelation to Lois' parents just as I felt we had so many revelations in this story and I didn't want it to seem repetitive.

To Carol's point, this is very soon to see a baby. I'm sort of making this up from this point as when I had my second ultrasound the gestational sac had grown, but only by about a week to a week and a half in two weeks. The same thing was the case at the next one (although they were sure that the baby wasn't going to make it after the previous one, I just had the last one as I chose to wait for a miscarriage and they need to watch you until it happens). So, I can't be sure what they would say if the baby grew the right amount, but Evelyn's response seemed reasonable to me.

Remember (not that this is going to happen) but even if this was a false alarm or something, the baby is still young and something else could still go wrong, so Evelyn is not going to want to be too positive and make them feel completely secure. While obviously things can go wrong at any time, typical guidance is that once you get to the second trimester your mostly out of the woods. But Lois and Clark are only half way through the first trimester based on the size of the baby.

But gr8shades (and everyone else), I think the next chapter will have a more definitive answer.

Thanks again for the comments, I really appreciate it. Particularly now when I'm making things up and don't have experience to base this on.

Blogger
Blogger
You can't stop here... eek

Hope everthing works out fine for the two of them. As usual - can't wait to read the next part.

I am Top Banana - that's the way I like it... (Pilot - Lois Lane)
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks, Top Banana!

Next part coming soon to a computer near you (tomorrow or Thursday at the latest)...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard