Print Thread
#52845 06/06/08 12:15 PM
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
There was so much healing in this part.

Lois and Mayson have had a chance to talk about their appropriate roles. (Mayson did say "husband" and that was a big step.) I'm glad that it wasn't just a single confrontation that they both ran away from, but instead they have come to an agreement that they can be civil.

Lois has come to terms with her past with Clark as she reviewed their apartment. There may have been ups and downs, but she is willing to focus on the good times.

Clark has realized that he has a support system, as well. He respects Lois' privacy, but he has people he can talk to if he needs it.

One chapter of their life is closing, and the next is opening.

Elisabeth

Blogger
Blogger
Well, I hope so. They've almost made it out of Metropolis. Please tell me they actually manage to make the trip in the next chapter, or I think I may scream!

Much as I love this story, I would like to see Lois come to trust Clark physically -- at least somewhat -- sooner rather than later. Be willing to kiss. Maybe change in front of each other, or at least from the waist up. I'm finding it increasingly hard to suspend my disbelief that Lois feels no attraction towards Clark, or that ANYBODY, even Superman, could be this patient. It's frustrating to me. Maybe it's just me. I don't know. I just feel like, as soon as Lois might have been thinking about coming around towards Clark, the rape attempt intervened. Are they cursed?

I liked the bit with Mayson in the formal wear store, but again: How many years can you sleep in the same bed, and still have huge, overwhelming fear when it comes to a dress that you might need help zippering?

I am always thrilled to see a new installment of this story; it's one of my all-time favorites. But these are the questions that have been starting to creep up on me, I guess. I'm also very, very physically tired, so if I sound crankier than intended, I do apologize. I still think you're doing a great job. smile

Peace, Carolyn
Columnist
Columnist
Carol, I have to say once more how much I love Mayson here. She really shows some respect for Lois and Clark, and shows that she is able to stay within proper boundaries. Her deference to Lois about the whole tux thing was really great.

Columnist
Columnist
This was a very feel good chapter. The believe that they are finally going to be alright is evident.

Nice touch with Mayson.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, loved your portrait of Mayson here. I don't want to dislike Mayson at all, so I'm very glad you are giving us the chance to think well of her. I just want her to respect Lois and Clark's relationship, and she did that beautifully here. Lois, too, showed that she was willing to respect and trust Mayson. I hope that Lois and Mayson can be, if not friends, then at least allies when they need it.

(And I marvelled at the fact that you managed to make the whole shopping thing so fascinating. Unlike probably everyone else here, I don't like shopping. Maybe it's because I have trouble keeping my weight, because I love chocolate too much. It's so frustrating trying on clothes and finding that, again, they don't fit. frown And speaking about chocolate... we have been told that Lois loves chocolate, but in order to stay that slim, I can tell you that she sure doesn't eat much of it!!!)

Traveling the Planet: Lane and Kent in Greece. We're using 'Traveling the Planet' as the overarching title for a series that could continue for a long time. Even if you two don't have something to put in a weekend edition, someone else might. Traveling the Planet: Carl in Carlsbad or Traveling the Planet: the Whites at Graceland, things like that.
Carl in Carlsbad or the Whites at Graceland! I love it!

And I think it's great that Lois and Clark are getting the chance to establish themselves as reporters on this trip. I'm also glad that they will have to respect "the real time" of travelling, meaning they will have to travel as slowly as normal people would so as not to arouse suspicions, meaning, in turn, that they will get to spend that much more time together.

I liked Perry's talk with Clark, too. I very much liked the fact that Clark wouldn't tell Perry what exactly the problem was, out of respect for Lois, but at the same time I loved that he would tell Perry that there was a problem, and that he was hurting because of it.

Like Carolyn, I'm really beginning to look forward to the time when Lois begins to feel physically comfortable around Clark. Unlike some others, however, I don't think that Lois's reaction is unrealistic. Not everyone has the same libido, and for some people, being deeply hurt and scarred during their childhood makes them too scared to acknowledge their libido. Personally, I believe that Lois thinks, consciously or more likely subconsciously, that if she becomes intimate with Clark she will become his "real" wife, and wives are the sort of people that their husbands walk all over.

But wait! Doesn't Lois trust Clark now? Yes, she does, but only as he is now, and as they both are now. Clark is the man who shares her bed with her and holds her at night, he is the man she shares a household with, and he is the man who helps her keep that household going. He is the man who helps her care for and support Lucy. He is the man who has promised not to leave her or abandon her. He is the man she is going to Greece with. But he is also the man who has told her that he would like to have sex with her, thereby transforming her into a "real" wife. And she isn't ready for that. She isn't ready to make herself that vulnerable. But Clark has promised to wait for her, until she is ready. And so far she is in no hurry to get ready for that change.

Like everyone else, I'm very much looking forward to Lois and Clark's trip to Greece!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Carol, you really do want to make us like Mayson, don't you? Or, well, not feel like wanting to pummel her, at least.

I wonder though, is there a reason why you went into so much detail with the sleeping arrangements and the fact that the cruise ship will have less spacious beds?

Great stuff going on and looking forward to 31, Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Carol - I loved this! As I've mentioned before, I've always liked Mayson, so I was thrilled to see her portrayed here as a nice person. I thought it was also realistic that she had trouble referring to Clark as Lois' husband. She respects that, but she's had feelings, probably very strong ones, for Clark for a long time. It made her very human and believable.

I also thought Lois' reluctance to have Clark zip up her dress for her was realistic and in character. Given her previous hesitancy to not trust him and then adding on the attempted rape - it all seems realistic to me. But, I also liked that she didn't let it dictate her choice of dress. Needing Clark's help wasn't a deal breaker. It shows that she does trust him, she's just uncomfortable with the idea being that open.

I can't wait to see their travels! (I'm sort of jealous - I wish I had a job that allowed me to travel like a tourist for work (rather than the travel I do now for work where I go to interesting sounding places and usually see little besides a hotel room).

Is the next chapter ready yet? Mo? Now, maybe?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice !

Hey Mayson and Dan have lots in common (clothing stores),. :p

Looking forward to how Lois and Clark deal with the intimacies of traveling together... even though they've lived under one roof for 3+years, they'll be in closer contact now on their globe-trotting...

thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I could maybe one day be a card-carrying of the Mayson fan cl--ok maybe not...but I like her a little bit more with each part.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Carol, I love the way you portrayed Mayson in this section. It was nice to her showing respect for Lois. I've never hated Mayson (So what if she was in love with Clark? Can you blame her?!), and I like how you've shown her character's development here.

I can't wait to see Lois and Clark travel the world! I hope it's something they really enjoy, and hopefully it will bring them closer together.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hey guys! Thanks again!

Elisabeth - yes, they can be civil. I do think this is the last time we see her - at least for a long while. I suppose it's possible we'll see her again, but it's not currently planned.

Carolyn - they do smile . I was thinking it was in 30, but they'll be on the plane here in a bit. As for the other... Yes, Clark's hot. I think we all agree on that - well most of us anyway wink . And Lois never said she wasn't attracted to him, but that's not enough for her. She has to feel safe and she doesn't yet. As for the dress - if you read it carefully, she thinks that it's not fair to ask Clark to help her dress given their circumstances.

Beth - thanks wink . *bites nails waiting for email from Beth*

cp33 - thanks!

Ann - I'm not a huge shopper myself. I think it was Anna [the Great Defender of All that Is Daniel] who helped me come up with the Traveling the Planet thing. You don't want to know some of the ones I came up with before that. And you are right on about Lois and Clark.

Michael - please don't pummel her wink . No particular reason, except Lois isn't sure she's going to be comfortable - she already feels restricted in their king bed sometimes.

Anon - thank you. You're right also about the dress. Yes, I wish I got to travel and get paid for it!

AnKS - You know I had contemplated a Mayson/Dan pairing, but I think I've gotten past that.

JD - I won't be in that club [though if I had to choose, I'd pick it over the Lana club *shudder*]

Rona - thank you smile . Nope - can't blame her at all!

Okay guys - think it'll be up here in a bit!
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard