Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow Just when I was so hopeful that he would face her. Then he went ahead and started to use that crazy logic of his! AHHH. I can't wait until they meet again. I look forward to the final chapter in this heart wrenching tale. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Columnist
Columnist
Whoa!

My emotions were all over the place when I read this.

What a beautiful letter!

Are you really going to stick to your guns and not post part 3 for 2 more days?? <- asked in very plaintive tone of voice.

Looking forward to the ending.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lynn! Oh wow! I'm practically speechless here! razz
She’d loved them both but had chosen Clark, yet he couldn’t claim that which was rightfully his...
They’d have a chance to say good-bye, and then she could pick up her life and move on while he tried to find a life at all.
and you have me crying again. whinging

Lynn, this is going straight onto my Kerth list for 2004. And, by the way, please forget what I said after part 1. I must have been crazy. Yep, that's it; I plead insanity!

Post Part 3 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wendy (who has run out of emoticons, but if she could, she'd be using a huge begging gif right here!)

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Marvellous, Lynn! clap clap Beautifully lyrical and the descriptive passages are so sharply observed and rich in atmosphere that it's not difficult at all to visualise it all as you read.

Brava and more please!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Would these help, Wendy? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

And let me join the lynch-mob... er... I mean, *encouraging set of very nice and gentle and absolutely harmless readers* ( evil ). Lynn, you can't leave us hanging! The second part is just as amazing as the first one. I was enthralled throughout, and the screen became very blurry at times because I was fighting tears. Lois's letter was particularly poignant, but I also adored the introspection that shows how much the situation is hurting Clark as well. I see he's trying to pull a lunkhead, but thank goodness he still wants to see Lois one last time (last time my foot! laugh ), so there is hope. She'll talk some sense into that boy. Or kiss him senseless. [Linked Image]

Come on, Lynn! Post the third part!! Please!! We're all waiting impatiently! [Linked Image]

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Lynn! This is absolutely amazing! smile1

But now you're really on the point that you just have to post the last part! I really want to know what happens next and how you solve this!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
That was a three-tissue letter, all right. thumbsup

I'm going back to read it again....Post Part III tonight!!!!! (I'm begging you because I won't be back on the boards during the week!!!!)

Best,
Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Lynn, I discovered you had posted this last night just before I went to bed, so of course I had to stay up to read it. But there was no way I could form any coherent thoughts at that time, I still had too many tears in my eyes...again.

But before I get to any well-deserved words of praise for this incredible section, I have to comment on a couple of posts from earlier in this thread...

Well, well, well. Look who's begging here. The evil ones indeed. Paraphrasing here: Oh Lynn, be sure to wait at least a day or even more between sections to get lots of comment. Suffering is good for the soul. Nice to see the fanfic goddesses begging with the mortals for a change. notworthy Seeing this doubles my enjoyment of this section. laugh I'm willing to go with Wendy's insanity plea...

OK, back to business. I was not happy with Clark for leaving Lois in such agony for *two* weeks, even knowing that he would be suffering as well. But here you put such a vivid face on his feelings and emotions, showed me exactly what he had been going through and *why* he had not gotten in touch with her.

Like Wendy, I was in tears here...
With growing frustration, he tried to explain that it wasn’t Superman’s life that he wanted. It was Clark’s. His own. Like an actor playing a part who suddenly discovered the real world had disappeared, leaving him forever to live on a stage, the real Clark Kent was now left with nothing more than a costume and a cape. Superman was two dimensional, but Clark had existed in all three dimensions. It was that third dimension that counted most.
And yes, the tears were still there for this...
In the darkest moments, he needed her to just help him believe that he wasn’t really dead. If Lois Lane believed that Clark Kent lived, he didn’t care what anyone else thought. If he existed for her, he existed for himself.
The letter was beautiful. A stroke of genius on Lois' part to think of contacting him this way, to confess her love to him this way. I love what Wendy quoted, let me add this...
You entered my life, and in such a short time, you became so many things to me. My partner. My friend. My love. You are the other half of me. What I lacked, you completed. What my weaknesses were, you shored up with your strengths. Without you, I am half a person, the dark without the light and the sorrow without the joy. As I contemplate my life without you, I realize with sudden clarity that there is no life without you.
And yes, I was overjoyed to see Clark rushing off to see her right away without taking the time to think about it, and then I was tearing out my hair when she wasn't there. And like any good master of angst (for your first fanfic, you've got the art down perfectly already eek ), you ratchet up the tension and decide to give Clark his typical lunkheaded second thoughts and now he decides that he'll see her just to say goodbye... [Linked Image]
A formal memorial service for the relationship that never was.
Well, I of course am very anxious to see the next section, but I'm not too worried. I'm guessing that Lois is en route to Smallville, and that Clark will find her there when he finishes in St. Louis. Or if she is in fact still in Metropolis, at least he has decided to talk to her one last time, and we all know how determined Lois is once she gets her way. And "kryptonite has nothing on Lois Lane".

Feel free to post the final section any time. Today, for Sherry's sake, would be *super* ... smile

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I read the letter Lois wrote to Clark and at the last line..."Save me, Superman. Save me." Wow...I couldn't even breathe... I went back and read it again to read your words. Wow...WOW! I mean your writing is so colorful, real and vivid I feel like Clark, I feel like Lois. Wow... notworthy

I am at a loss for words...just PLEASE make sure Clark and Lois get together in part three. I swear if they don't I'll feel like I'm living in that hell Clark described. wink

Great job Lynn. smile

~L.L Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
WOW, AND THE DOUBLE WOW!!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh, my! My emotions were all over the place when I read this.

At first, I was anxious when I read about Clark going home after a rescue. Come on! Read the letter already!

Then, as he got the letter and started thinking it was just stuff for his parents, I started getting mad. Why would she send something for your parents and addressed to you, you lunkhead? Just read it!

But then, came the words of Lois's heart. As Clark read the letter, I too cried with him. Wow! You really can put the emotions out there, can't you, Lynnm? You definitely are a great writer!

And Clark falling on his knees and noticing the final sentence: "Save me, Superman. Save me."
At least Clark understood that Lois knows the truth and still wants him, the whole him.

Now, what is this? Him, flying over to Lois's place, not finding her, and just thinking she went to work? And also that maybe he was mistaken, she didn't mean that she knew the truth? Come on, Clark, do you really think a person who wrote that letter would be able to just go to work the next day? Wake up, Superman!

What? He is going home and he is going to wait? Now, I understand his logic that it wouldn't be good for Lois to see him in Superman attire in front of other people, but Clark, you could call her at the Planet (or leave a message) and tell her to meet him somewhere. Although we all know where Lois really is, huh? Of course she is in an airplane at the moment, going to Smallville (via Wichita) to find her soulmate.

Oh, no! Not another rescue! And right now? Couldn't it wait a couple more hours? Or maybe it's good that Clark saw it now, and didn't need to leave in the middle of their reunion. But then, don't let it take that long for him to go home, OK, Lynnm? Maybe just enough time for Lois to arrive at Smallville. You go, girl!

Well, Lynnm, I hope you understood, as you read this, what I went through your post, reading the second part of your story. As you can see, I don't think I can wait that much for the third part.

Please, post ASAP the third part of this entrancing and most wonderfully written story!

malu

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lynn,

Please IGNORE those people who said you should post every other day smile1

Thank you for writing and sharing this with us!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool Love this description of Lois.

My Dearest Clark,

You’re gone, and all I can think is how sorry I am….

Sorrier than I ever thought I could be. Sorry because I foolishly ignored the truth that stared me in the face. Sorry because now, it’s too late. Too late to say the words out loud. Too late to scream them at the top of my lungs and to whisper them into your ear. Too late to make sure that you know how I feel, without any doubts or hesitancies.

Clark, I love you. Completely. Irrevocably. Endlessly.

You’ll have to forgive me for not knowing this sooner, but I was fooled. You see, falling in love with you wasn’t like I expected falling in love to be. I always thought that it would be a noisy affair, introduced by music and fireworks, flashing lights and blaring sirens. Instead, I learned that falling in love is quiet and gentle. It’s warm and enveloping, a pair of deep brown eyes pulling you in so softly that before you are even aware, it’s wrapped you in a tight hug. Falling in love isn’t falling at all. It’s floating. It’s flying. And only after you’ve been lifted so high that the Earth is but a distant blue memory do you realize how easy it was.

You entered my life, and in such a short time, you became so many things to me. My partner. My friend. My love. You are the other half of me. What I lacked, you completed. What my weaknesses were, you shored up with your strengths. Without you, I am half a person, the dark without the light and the sorrow without the joy. As I contemplate my life without you, I realize with sudden clarity that there is no life without you.

Every day, every minute, I miss you. I look for you everywhere, hoping that by some miracle, I’ll see you just once again. I miss your voice and your smile. I miss your laughter and your quiet strength. I miss you when I’m awake and when I sleep. I miss you in the way that a prisoner misses freedom. I miss you so much that I know I will never fill the void that exists where my heart once beat.

Instead I will wake every day and walk through this black and white world, searching every face I see and listening to every voice that speaks, searching for you. The questions I have will remain unanswered, the story of my future untold. It is only when I’m with you again that I will find peace. Until then, I can only hope that wherever you are now, you can hear my heart calling to you.

Save me, Superman. Save me.

Yours eternally,
Lois
thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
PLESE PLEASE PLEASE!

I need part 3 right now. I can't think straight without knowing what will happen once Lois and Clark finally meet face to face.

I'm sooooooo lost right now, Can I please have Save Me Superman now please?

Great story!

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT!!!

Clark's feelings well-portrayed (as Lois's in the previous part) and Lois's letter is... what can I say? I can find no fitting word. It's beautiful, perfect, sweet... It's LOVE.

(sighhhh.............)

Well done, Lynn! thumbsup thumbsup
More????
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Part two was even more tearjerking than the first! Lois's letter made me cry hyper

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow. Absolutely amazing.

Your prose is insightful, lyrical, & just beautiful. I loved this:

Clark, I love you. Completely. Irrevocably. Endlessly.
Looking forward to the next part!

Shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well ditto from me.........

I don't think I can add anything original to the praise deservedly heaped on you, but I will say that after reading that letter the tears were in my eyes. That last line really got to me..Save Me Superman! *sigh*

Lovely..truly, wonderfully, lovely.

Waiting anxiously for more please! smile1 smile1

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Well lynnm, you didn't disappoint.. this is great second part. Wonderfully written emotions - so raw I can actually feel their pain. Can't wait for the confrontation!

KathR
"Come with me, and you'll be, in a world of pure imagination." -- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lynn, eloquently put:
It was Clark?s. His own. Like an actor playing a part who suddenly discovered the real world had disappeared, leaving him forever to live on a stage, the real Clark Kent was now left with nothing more than a costume and a cape. Superman was two dimensional, but Clark had existed in all three dimensions. It was that third dimension that counted most.
You need to post parts 2 and 3 over on Zoomway's boards, too. There are people there looking for it.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard