Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52664 05/30/08 06:34 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Carol, you're my hero for posting again! I'm in a little bit of a hurry, so you'll have to wait for the real FDK, but let me just say that it was great - and make a dash for the train I want to catch... clap

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#52665 05/30/08 06:44 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'd say yes, she got hers! clap

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#52666 05/30/08 07:34 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Oh, thank you! Clark AND Lana's parents AND Lois giving her what she deserved. Do I believe that will be enough to convince Lana to leave them alone for the rest of their lives? Not so much.

I loved Lois at the press conference. Very classy.

Also liked them conversing about hypothetical sex. It's progress... Is Lois blind? Why does she thinkother women are interested in Clark?

Now I'm dying to find out what the deal is with Aunt Louise's will.

from Carolyn, who would like to add, The more parts the better!

Peace, Carolyn
#52667 05/30/08 08:39 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As usual, can't wait for the next part! I also can't help but laugh at Lana. I'm very happy she got roasted and toasted by the both of them. I'm pretty sure Lois is turning into the leader of some kind of Other Women Trying to Steal My Husband support group. Maybe it is good they get away for a while. wink

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#52668 05/30/08 10:21 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Carol, I'm just speechless, in awe. Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

Absolutely fabulous. Maybe I'll come back later and comment when I have something coherent to say. But for now, this is just too wonderful for words to describe.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#52669 05/30/08 11:26 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
oh, this was fantastic! I loved seeing Lana get hers from everyone! I only wish I thought it would keep her away smile

this was such a great part! I loved how they even *sounded* like a married couple when they were discussing Lana with Lucy & the Whites towards the end:

Clark shook his head. "No. They have other plans tonight and even if they didn't, I don't think they'd be here."

"Want to give you two some time?"

"Something like that."

"More like Lana tried to seduce my husband," Lois said.

"What?!" the Whites and Lucy, fresh out of the shower, asked in unison.

"Something like that anyway," Clark told them.

She raised an eyebrow at him. "You said she was wearing only one of your shirts and somehow managed to pin you - *you* - on Lucy's bed."
that scene was just classic - and what followed was even better.

This story keeps getting better and better - I know that posting every 36 hours has got to be pretty difficult - but you should know that we'd all be willing to read more whenever you can post smile

Michelle

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
#52670 05/30/08 02:30 PM
Columnist
Columnist
My oh my, Lana got a smack down! Lois was very classy at the press conference. Loooved that Lana's folks got to see her little show for Clark.

#52671 05/30/08 02:56 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Carol,

This was great. I'm not typically a Lana hater, but I can't say I was fond of Lana in this story. It's hard to like a woman who so relentlessly pursues a married man, you know? But Clark did a great job standing up to her in a way that made sense in this story given what the recent weeks in his marriage have been like.

I can't wait to see them travel the world. The time alone would have to be good for their relationship and I wonder what it will mean for Clark. I can completely see Lois helping him become Superman in this story.

#52672 05/30/08 02:57 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Carol,

This was great. I'm not typically a Lana hater, but I can't say I was fond of Lana in this story. It's hard to like a woman who so relentlessly pursues a married man, you know? But Clark did a great job standing up to her in a way that made sense in this story given what the recent weeks in his marriage have been like.

I can't wait to see them travel the world. The time alone would have to be good for their relationship and I wonder what it will mean for Clark. I can completely see Lois helping him become Superman in this story.

#52673 05/30/08 06:03 PM
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Hello ...
I am not very good with my english blush but I would like to say two things:

1. I love this story, each part of it.

2. (I wanted to say this as four parts ago).I think this
could be a good theme song for Lois, it seems to me that the letter reflects the feelings of this story, at least to some extent.

so, what do you think?

#52674 05/30/08 06:30 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay no more Lana and Clark is a good guy for telling her like it is and not trying to spare her feelings. Good for Lois too! But I am so confused about why Lois needs to wait so long even to kiss him. At 16 I was a virgin but my hormones were in overdrive. I can not imagine living with a GOD like Clark and not even waiting to kiss him, nevermind not making love to him after being together for over 3 years. Lois must have something physically wrong with her on top of severe mental damage. Maybe her calling in this story should be to be a nun, or maybe she is gay? She can't be a normal heterosexual woman and not sleep with Clark it just isn't a normal reaction if you love someone and are attracted to them and married to them. My goodness how can she not want to join with him? I'll never understand that. I am too old and have seen too much life to believe a normal woman in love would be able to resist Clark, especially Dean Cain's Clark! No way, no how, unless something is physically and psychologically lacking. He is just too wonderful to hold out on that long. There are woman who have no libedo but that is a physical problem that can be cured with medicine. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#52675 05/30/08 06:45 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am too old and have seen too much life to believe a normal woman in love would be able to resist Clark, especially Dean Cain's Clark!
Laura, I agree that Dean Cain's Clark is just too wonderful to hold out on. Wasn't he just perfect?

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#52676 05/30/08 10:01 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm really sorry about this super-short FDK, Carol. It was another brilliant part, though.

I just couldn't believe Mayson!!!! What was she doing? Trying to seduce Clark? They way she acted, it was more like she tried to rape him! Honestly!!!! clap notworthy

Ann

#52677 05/31/08 07:18 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Carol, what can I say. I absolutely loved the Lana bits. And I just happened to find it while I was waiting for the train last night. Hadn't even expected it after having read part 26 just the day before.

A minor question, though. Why didn't Lana close the door before she went after Clark?

And thud to your word-count and stuff. That's just wow. I mean, intellectually, you know with 30 parts and 5000 word/30kB on average you get 900kB, but to actually see the numbers. I know exactly what a punch that is. Okay, I don't know how 1500KB feel like but, hey, everyone starts small as in probably 500KB when first worrying about 80-120KB laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#52678 05/31/08 03:57 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another great part, Carol. I certainly like that there were witnesses to Lana's actions this time, so there would be no doubt as to Clark's innocence. I like that it doesn't end up being left to he-said-she-said. And I'm glad someone told that <insert choice words about Lana> off, because she fully deserved it mad

It's amazing how Lois and Clark are finding themselves in such better shape financially. It's about time something good is happening to them. I hope they do take the advice to get away and travel and get to know each other. They really need it.

Echoing Michael's comments, congrats on how far you have come with this story. I can't imagine how great that must feel to have come so far on this story. I was stoked when I realized that "Tuesday" was over 60k, because I didn't think I had it in me to make something over 20k. Given what the size of this story is going to be by the time you're finished with it, I notworthy to you. It's been excellent all the way through thus far, and I'm sure it will continue to be!

#52679 06/01/08 07:00 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just wanted to chime in and say I enjoyed this chapter as well. I feel like the first act in this play has wrapped up nicely and I am ready for Act II. Can't wait to see how Lois and Clark's relationship will change without the pressures of being parents, in school, working and in poverty (not to mention all the expectations and rumors about their personal lives).

I love the idea of them traveling together, but writing for the travel section of the paper? Ha! With Lois Lane's nose for trouble and Clark's super-senses, they'll be breaking stories from all over the globe.

Brenda

#52680 06/01/08 10:33 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
So, finally...

Although almost everything has been said, I think I'll repeat it anyway. I just loved the way you had Lana get what she deserved. I mean, how callous could she be? Unplugging the phone to be able to stay indefinitely - or so she thought. Then, only wearing Clark's shirt and nothing (visible) but... Well, anyway, I loved the way Clark reacted. The idea with the blanket was a riot. And having the elder Langs overhear the little episode between their daughter and Clark was a stroke of true genius! I couldn't help but drool I think you'd do an awesome job with it.

It's also good to see that Lois, during her speech at the press conference, thanks Mayson for her bravery in telling the truth about her alleged affair with Clark - even if she doesn't name her. I guess Lois is really growing up.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#52681 06/01/08 03:20 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I was proud of Lois when she quietly, but firmly told Lana to keep her hands off of Clark that night. However, shame on you for not even giving us a hint of how the conversation between the two of them turned out. I couldn't tell; did Lana go right to bed after that?

I not only appreciated how Lois was rock-steady at the press conference, but even more than that I appreciated that she allowed herself to be weak and vulnerable when she got home.

I disagree with the feedback that says that there must be something physically wrong with Lois for not jumping all over him. Lois was a survivor long before Paul ever attempted to assault her. However survivor's inerrantly have to pay the consquences of other people's actions. Lois' behavior is not that untypical of someone who has survived an abusive childhood, although admittedly she behaves more like a woman who survived sexual trauma than the circumstances that are written here. One of the consequences of abuse is that a person sometimes learns to ignore their normal feelings, including sexual drives. The bottom line is that there is a wide continuum which encompasses normal.

Lois is taking a lot of steps in the right direction. Clark is coming along very well also. He's sharing just a touch but not a threatening amount of his fantasies with her, he's asked to date her, he's demonstrated that he is willing and able to forsake all others and he's asked her to come away with him. Looks like they've both grown a lot in the process.

As for the story length, I have found that it isn't the size of the story that makes a story good. Some stories that were long should have been 1/2 to 1/4 their size, but the author didn't know how to move a story along at a satisfying pace and/or didn't know how to cut out non-essential portions of the story. Other stories should have been longer, but the author didn't take the time or didn't have the ability to fill out the details of the story enough to draw readers in. What makes this story a winner isn't its size but its ability to paint a story well without lagging behind.

Elisabeth

#52682 06/01/08 03:59 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thank you everyone! Part 28 has been revised and sent back to my new legal consultant, Carolyn wink . Once I hear back from her and make any necessary edits, it'll be posted.

Gr8 - thanks wink .

Carolyn - have I mentioned today that you rock? Hmm... have you been reading my notes? Do you think it's enough for Lana? We'll see wink . Now, Lois has admitted that she may have been stupid, but she's not blind. She knows he's well built and good looking.

JD - LOL! I don't think Lois would appreciate being the leader of that group, but I think it's funny!

Sheila - Thank you!

Shells - Thank you. Yeah, the 36 hour thing is going to stop. I'm going to be lucky if I can keep up the official 3xs a week now that I'm teaching class in the classroom 4 days a week starting tomorrow.

cp33 - Thank you! Eventually, we'll see what Lana's folks thought about all that wink .

Anon - Yeah, I still hate Lana. Traveling the world... coming up... Well... soon.

Luna - thank you! My internet doesn't do video well at all so I didn't get to watch it, but the lyrics are nice.

Laura - I agree with Elisabeth and discussed it with my BRs. Yeah, Clark is good looking and well built, but as far as she knew until recently, he's been cheating on her. There's no way, given her family history and the way her mom and dad treated each other, that she'd have sex with him. And, yes, Dean's Clark is my favorite [not that I've seen Chris Reeves in eons and I only saw Routh once and, well, let's avoid the whole Smallville thing]. I had this whole big long Maslow thing all worked out in my head. Some of the pyramids I've seen have 'sex' as part of the most basic of needs but sexual intimacy is not. This Lois in particular can't have sex without the intimacy that should come with it. According to Maslow, things like safety for her family and herself [physical, emotional, etc] have to come before sexual intimacy. There was more to it than that, but my head hurts and the flashbacks to Psych are too much to take.

Ann - happy birthday to mom!!!! I think you mean Lana wink . And thank you! And even if this is short fdk compared to what you often leave... it still rocks!

Michael - Thank you! I don't think Lana even noticed the door. She was too focused on Clark.

Rona - They are finally having some good things happening to them. Believe me, if I'd had any clue this was going to turn out this long, I probably never would have started.

BJ - thank you! And thank you again for your PM. What kind of stories will they find? We'll see...

Lara - thanks! I think I mentioned it before, but while things may not be smooth sailing from here on out, our favorite couple will be together from here on out. Unless something weird pops up.

Elisabeth - I think they just exchanged a few pleasantries and then Clark said good night. I'm assuming Lana went to bed too. And thank you very much. I appreciate your kind words.

As I said, the next part will be posted once I hear back from my rockin' new legal consultant wink .

Thanks again!

Carol

#52683 06/17/08 08:42 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Had to let you know I loved Lana getting caught by her parents. I'm sure if they hadn't caught her in the act that if it had gotten back to them she would have told a complete different story. Also I'm sure they would have believed her. Parents never want to believe their children capable of the things they really do. Also thought Lois was classy in her handling of Lana and of the press conference. Also wondered what was said between Clark and Lana right after Lois told her to leave Clark alone.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard