Next Thread
Print Thread
#52574 05/28/08 08:55 PM
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Gag police, turn on your sirens.

UGH Lana. Although I have to admit, she is always one of those characters that I love to hate. I cannot believe she'd spend an entire trip hitting on Clark in front of, like, everyone under the sun. They all know, and she continues to do it anyway! And I don't like this whole, 'let's stay up and talk' one bit, but maybe after the Mayson Epidemic, Clark's going to use this as an opportunity to set her straight.

Anyway, that's my three am synopsis for now. I better send myself to sleep before I talk myself into getting back to work haha. (Yay deadlines)
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
I don't read stories until they are finished but I have been kind of skimming this one as I have downloaded the different installments. I have to say I can't wait until this one is finished so I can read it in full.

I do have to say I've done a bit more than skim the last few installments. Since I have I do have a specific comment on Part 26.

I have always hated how Clark has been a mush mouth with pushy women he has no interest in (ie Mayson in the show). So I have to say I wish he had opened his mouth at lunch and told her he was a happily married man and to keep her feet to herself. Right there so her parents could know what she was up to. (I have to say I view any women who will go after another women's husband to be a slut. Just my opinion from my sister's experience.)

Needless to say I'm not happy with the cliff hanger at the end of 26. I can't beieve he is agreeing to go back out and talk to her. We all know that is not what she has in mind. So please shock us all and have Lois wake up when he puts her to bed. That way she can ask him where he is going and then go with him and put Lana straight. Maybe even suggest they drive her back to her parents righ then in the middle of the night and tell them what their daughter has been up to. Going after a married man.

This is not a CRITICISM just my wish for Clark to not keep getting in trouble because he feels he always has to be a nice guy, even when those around him don't deserve it. Just once can't he really stand-up for himself. grovel

Kerth
Kerth
I can only agree with the other two FDK-ers so far. And Lana using the bathroom before 'talking' to Clark can only mean trouble. How much will she wear when she returns? Only her birthday suit? Or what?

In this event, I only hope Clark is quick to wake up Lois - and then take Lana home at once. With Lois, of course. We wouldn't want her to cry rape, would we?

On the other hand, Clark could be playing around with a tape recorder. Yep, recording that talk would be a good idea in *any* case. Although it could quickly turn into a leitmotif (learned a new word today *boast*) if you let him do that.

I'm definitely looking forward to your next part. smile1

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Columnist
Columnist
Lana Lang, Smallville hussy! I hated her on the show and I don't like her any more here. Nothing good can come from Clark talking to her after Lois goes to bed.

So glad you update quickly, we don't have to wait so long to find out what the little tramp is up too!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm sorry, but the the whole going after a married man (or woman) is such a totally foreign concept to me.

The moment I met Elisabeth (and found out that she wasn't dating anyone) anyone else took a distant second place. That was 15 years ago and I haven't looked at anyone since. And I know she hasn't either.

And may I mention that the Cards trumped the Astros last night 6 to 1!! party

James, who has a really bad feeling about airhead Lana...

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
grumble Stupid Lana. Where I come from, we have not-so-pleasant names for people like her.

I don't have a good feeling about this. I hope Clark being 'alone' with Lana doesn't lead to something that could be misinterpreted.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lana had managed to get a seat across from him and Clark was nearly certain that some of the 'incidental' touches of her shoeless foot against his leg weren't incidental at all. He'd angled himself slightly to one side so his legs were stretched more into the aisle than under the table where she'd have a harder time getting to him without being noticeable.
That Lana!!! mad Really... Mayson was an angel compared to her. grovel

Ann

Blogger
Blogger
Oh, God, please let Clark be firm with Lana, even if it means being rude.

Sorry about OTT. I thought that was pretty standard. I think my kids must be older than yours. I'm starting to be able to decipher their text messages -- which is scary. I used to text back, every time, "Use words." It's like a whole other language that I really didn't want to learn! But OTT, now that one I remember all the way back from my own college days, so that's more than 20 years. Maybe it's regional? Anyway, sorry for the confusion.

All of us who started FDK threads on 25 were typing at the same time. Simple explanation.

Happily looking forward to Part 27. smile

Peace, Carolyn
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another great part, Carol

Originally posted by TOC
Don't tell me Aunt Louise stipulated in her will that Lois had to start sleeping with her husband before she would get any money!!!
Nah, I'm sure it's just 1. being married for 5 years and 2. having kids. Two stipulations. Two chunks of money.

As for Lana. Inst' she just the sweetest doll. Lois finally has a girlfriend to talk to about Clark. clap

How about Clark takes her flying. The Arctic is supposed to be nice this time of the year. Or what about the Metro Sewage Rec Facility? He could draw her a map to a place where he will meet with her for a private get together laugh

Michael

PS: No I don't *hate* Lana. But does Lois take martial arts classes in this story? I'm not sure if you mentioned it before, Carol.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I was wrong, obviously Lana doesn't know when to give up and Clark is too polite for his own good. (I think most of his spine was got from Martha's and then later Lois' influence). Martha wasn't there and Lois isn't full-power yet - so it's understandable why he's lacking the inspiration to tell Lana to quit al-ready.

Shouldn't Clark be *more* careful with the use of his powers when his previous carelessness gained him four confidantes? Hopefully Lana didn't see anything. Or maybe the alien bit will finally repulse Lana away smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Geez,
I thought Lana was out of the picture but I guess I was wrong. smile1

Natascha (who realized she forgot to mention how relieved she was when Jonathan's wedding band turned up so unexpectedly. Thank you!)

Features Writer
Features Writer
danger - clark kent danger - clark kent - can't trust her as far i can throw her. be you can throw her preetty far do it muhahahahah devilsplat

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Carol, you've done it again! Another awesome part. I cannot believe that that bimbo is throwing herself at Clark right in front of Lois! And I cannot believe that her parents would want her to stay with Lois and Clark after realizing that this will be their first time alone in a long time. mad They just pushed off Lana and Wayne in favor of their own interest, using Clark's loyalty against him.

Just as everyone else has already said, Clark needs to put Lana in her place and he and Lois need to get her a cab out of there quickly. We don't need Lana giving Lois any more reasons to be insecure just when she is starting to trust Clark.

Carol, just get back here!!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I so appreciated Wayne taking Clark aside. In our culture people don't even think about asking a man how he's doing as more than a greeting.

Many years ago James and I were friends with a couple who had a miscarriage in their late 40s. He was there and she was not and I asked, "How are you doing?" He told me how she was doing and, I'm not sure why, but I told him, "That's not what I asked." He stopped speaking for a long time and big, tough guy teared up. He answered, "I don't know. I've been so busy taking care of her and nobody has asked me that so I haven't given it any thought."

Wayne has walked down that road, so he knows firsthand exactly how much Clark has been through. I appreciate how much respectful privacy Clark gives his wife, but I am also glad he's able to talk to another man about the subject.

To switch gears all of a sudden, I totally expect Lana to come back wearing frillies.

Elisabeth

Blogger
Blogger
Carol, I think you have a large group of fans here all demanding that Lana be put in her place (which would be anyplace that Clark is not), now!

If Clark acts like a wuss again, you may have a riot on your hands! rotflol

Well, an e-riot anyway.

Peace, Carolyn
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What Clark should have said to Lana was not tonight Lana I'm tired I'll see you in the morning. He is a dope for not knowing that she is setting him up. He needs to tell her he has no attraction to her and Lois will only and ever be his only true love. Men are so weak sometimes. They need a bit of back bone when it comes to forward women. He already goofed with Mason trying to be nice. When will he get it through his head he can not be nice. Ack this is so typical of men in general, I was hoping Clark would be smarter then the average Joe. Anyway,she needs a smack in the head. She is also typical of some women that are under the delusion that they can't be replaced. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Gah! I hate Lana! I hate Lana! I hate Lana! razz

After all that has happened with Mayson, Clark can't be that dupe, please! wallbash

When is next part coming? I can't wait to get rid of Lana. devilsplat

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
You guys are cracking me up wink . Of course, I know what happens. I promise, Lana will get what's coming to her and sooner rather than later. And, yes, all of the names that you're calling Lana [even the ones that wouldn't make it past the censors] probably apply wink .

Jen - three am - yeah - I'm not real coherent at three am - you're better than me.

kmar - I'm not entirely certain Clark wasn't interested in Mayson on the show. She wasn't Lois, but she liked him. There's been some excellent fics that dealt with that. She liked *Clark*. Lois was mostly over the whole 'I love Superman' thing, but especially at the beginning of S2 wasn't all that into Clark. She's an attractive woman [I don't get it, but apparently Jimmy et al did *shrug*] who likes him and who he likes. Is it possible that they went out a time or two that we didn't see? I don't think they did, but I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility either. Give Clark a little time.

Lara - no - no bday suit. I promise. She really did just... need to use the facilities. What is it with people assuming ulterior motives? First Mayson eating dinner, now Lana having to... see a man about a horse. I will say that you guys are more right to be worried about Lana than Mayson. No, Clark has no tape recorder.

Cp33 - I hate Lana. I loathe Lana. I always have. I can read a sympathetic Lana [like Late Great Lois Lane - she's not the root of all evil there - she's stuck in a bad situation and I want to hate her but I don't], I have a hard time writing a sympathetic Lana [but I'm trying really I am - just not here wink ].

James - I don't get it either. I won't say the moment I met DH, but not too long afterwards. It'll be 15 years since we met this August. And the Cards beat the Astros a few minutes ago too!

Rona - see note above - I'm sure the names you're thinking are appropriate.

Ann - Remember that feeling re: Mayson. She's not evil. I never meant for her to be evil. We'll find out more about her and her motivations etc. at some point in the future. Was she *right*? Heaven's no, but she's no Lana either. Yes, that line did come from the show. I'm trying to sprinkle some of that throughout as well as some cameos [by say Molly and Ryan etc.] here and there. Two step/Tush Push = line dancing. Yes, they sound funny. I can't do either. I can do the Macarena though. A lot of parents have a blind spot where there children are concerned unless they're smacked upside the head with it [and sometimes not even then]. I'm sure they don't know how hard she tried with Clark in high school or what happened after they got married. Clark has a [mostly] honesty is the best policy policy. I say mostly because he's not going to say something that would only hurt for no reason [like... um... if paul's brother called and said... oh something mean and hurtful - he might not tell her that - or not all of it - just that he called but not what he said]. Aunt Louise's stipulations will be explained [at least somewhat] soon - 'this week'. They *just* graduated and that was the first hurdle - they haven't heard from the lawyer yet. And see above about Lana.

Carolyn - an eriot?!? Too funny! I use a lot of acronyms or can usually figure them out but that one escaped me. And yeah - my oldest is 6.

Michael - You're close. And I'll leave it at that! And I *love* your interpretation of Lana!!! Umm... I don't know if Lois has taken martial arts...

AnKS - Lana didn't see anything. He was trying to manuever so he didn't have to use any and once she'd left the room he floated slightly - just enough to stand up.

Natascha - Lois has... grown? some since the attack. She's more sure of her relationship with Clark - at least enough to be able to put up a good front when necessary. Has it completely sunk in? That will probably take a while, but she's not the same person she was three or four weeks ago.

LS97 - LOL!!! Love it!

Sheila - Thank you! I think you may have misread - Clark was *going* to say something about it being their first night alone in forever, but didn't get the chance to. I can't blame them for wanting to have a nice [presumably romantic] evening together in the big city [think Martha and Jonathan at the end of S4]. I doubt they realize that it's an imposition at all.

Elisabeth - that whole thing is all because of what you said, as is another similar conversation at some point in the future - almost verbatim what you wrote here. I promise *raises hand like boy scout* there will be no Lana in frillies.

Laura - Yes, he probably should have. I promise tonight will not be an issue. She is delusional [great word wink ].

Andreia - how do you really feel? wink

It's interesting... we saw some of these same reactions when Lois was asleep in the other room and Mayson was there. I don't think you can truly be *alone* on Clinton unless you're in the bathroom.

Part 27? Um... tomorrow sometime. Probably afternoon since it's Friday.

Part 31 is being/has been BR'd. Part 32 is 2/3 written [or so]. I'm thinking we're up to 50-60 parts total. Not really sure yet. I know it's going to be close to 50 at least now that I'm where I am now...

Thanks again! This has been fun to watch today!
Carol [who wonders if a Lana Lynching Mob might be formed rather than a Carol Lynching Mob...]

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, so I officially hate Lana- not that I really needed an official declaration to prove it, but anyway...

I understand your feelings about Lana (the character)- I have trouble writing her as benign myself, lol. Here is what I hope happens: Lois wakes up when Clark puts her to bed and she asks him to stay with her until she falls asleep. Unfortunately for Lana, Clark also falls asleep, so she just has to stew on the couch by herself. There's plenty of time to catch up in the morning.

Lana aside, I enjoyed the talk Clark had with Wayne - not just because Wayne had a similar experience, but because it gives Clark another person to talk to (who might seem to be 'family' in a way).

Here's to getting Lana put in her place sooner than later!

~Sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
To quote Jen "UGH"!

Lana is just awful in this part - which makes it wonderful to read.

I can't believe that Clark is going to talk to her without Lois around - but I have faith that you'll do right by our characters smile

I'm so glad I just saw this now so I can go and read the next part!

Michelle

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard