Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
cp33 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Nice to see you using Jim as a type of buffer between Lois and Clark. Lois' need to protect Clark from harm is going drive Clark to anger. I think an angry Clark would be a good piece for Lois to contend with as they continue to work around their new relationship.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Excellent as always, Jenni.

I'm not quite sure what I think. I'm not sure why... It's not the writing or anything, don't think that, I'm just... conflicted. I guess part of me thinks maybe Clark isn't quite right for investigative reporting anymore. He's been through *so* much over the last few years. Maybe write a book about everything or something.

I trust you'll get us wherever it is that we're going and you'll do it well wink .
Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Fascinating and a bit painful.

Is Clark the reporter he used to be? Probably not. Is he good enough to satisfy himself and Lois? Good enough to satisfy Lois, yes. Good enough to satisfy himself, probably not. Can he get better at reporting again? Probably. But it is a bit painful to watch.

However, I think that Clark is right. Something was wrong and mysterious about that bomb. Maybe it really was aimed at Lois.

Looking forward to more!

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
clap clap I like the fact that you're not using an established super villain in this one. Good Job, Jenni, and I look forward to the next update.

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Holy Cow Jenn! I just caught up with the previous two stories in this series.

eek what a premise. I can't wait to find out what happens next.

I am printing off parts 1-3 of My wife the Boss.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

James, so glad you are joining my fdk thread. smile

I'm also happy you like the premise of the two previous stories in this series. I just hope you find that My Wife The Boss lives up to expectations.

Carol and TOC, I'm sorry you find my story a bit painful.

Clark went through so much in The Forgotten that I felt it would be unrealistic to expect him to get back to normal reporting without problems.

However, my story is a journey ... and I do believe in safe homecomings. smile

Yours Jenni

Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

Well I guess not many people are reading my story, but I would still like to thank those who are taking time to leave me fdk.

I'm hoping that some people are still trying to catch up with the prequels and might feel tempted to find out how Lois, Clark and the family are doing now they are all together again.

Please, if you are coming late to this story, I'd love to hear from you. And if you are reading and lurking, please pluck up the courage to post. Just a few words would do. smile

Yours Jenni

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry about lurking a bit lately. RL has allowed me snippets of time to check the boards and I've been bad about leaving fdk.

I am enjoying the story. Lois and Clark's apprehension about their current situation is palpable and I really feel for them. They've already gone through so much and I think they're both trying so hard to make this work. Of course, their prior experience with Lois as acting editor cannot be helping.

I enjoyed the POV change to the bomber. Not what either Lois or Clark expected, but there is definitely something worth looking into - I hope that Clark and Jimmy can bring him in. It would be a great confidence boost if Clark can do it.

Thanks for posting the story,
Brenda

Columnist
Columnist
Hi BJ,

Thanks for coming out of lurk mode and commenting. You really made my day ... and you started the fdk folder for part 4. smile

I'm so glad you took the trouble to let me know you're enjoying My Wife The Boss, and I hope the rest of the story continues to entertain you. smile

Yours Jenni

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Jenni!

Just finished The Forgotten and it was a great tale.

It looks as if My Wife, The Boss, is going to be a bit more of an "episode" story, huh ? Or not. Who knows what twists you have up your sleeves for parts 4+ wink

Looking forward to getting around to reading the rest over the next week or two.

Oh, and loved the byplay of the kids and the fade-outs on LnC are really sweet, too. Okay, so I'm a sucker for b-plots blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Micheal,

Thank you for leaving fdk on part 3. I'll have to check up just what happens in that part. It was back in May, and my poor old brain can't quite remember automatically. wink

But it's so nice to let me know you are reading. I hope you have fun catching up. smile

Yours Jenni

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Jenni!

Yes, lots of fun. You're very welcome from the FDK. I sure get where you're coming from on the FDK front.

Don't I know it, remembering what happened why back in a part posted a few months ago. And then you need to check continuity and figure out you have no clue where exactly the scene was laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard