Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#5238 08/08/03 11:36 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hope this one works, it's a bit of a change in tone from the first one... and thanks very much to Kaethel, who very kindly helped me out with brainstorming and beta-reading. Any remaining mistakes are all mine.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#5239 08/08/03 11:47 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Happy WAFFy sigh!

Nicely done, Pam.

I hadn't been one of the readers clamouring for a sequel; I thought the first story was just fine on its own. Let me be the first to admit that I was wrong. This finishes everything off quite nicely.

(Of course, now, there could be another sequel involving HG Wells, and him trying to change things so that they forget yet again, but let's not open that can of worms, okay?)

Good job!

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#5240 08/08/03 11:57 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I just had a chance of reading the first story, "Chaos Unspool," (or "Art Appreciation", as you titled it), and I loved it.

Now, with this sequel, we got the chance of seeing Clark's reaction to the word.

I only have a question: so what you're saying is that, even with the whole sentence, "...let the memories unspool," they wouldn't remember all that happened in the right order? Because Clark's started with

He and Lois were in the woods, and Lois was holding a baby. And then she was handing the baby over to him. He thought he was dressed as Superman, but she was calling him Clark... And she was smiling at him.
and that was almost at the end of the episode "TF".

Anyway, great stories. Loved them! thumbsup

malu

#5241 08/08/03 12:01 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Malu, that's a good question... Clark's memories were all there, I think, but he still had to sort through them to get them in order. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it wink

And Irene... you know how I feel about HG Wells taking away L&C's memories! goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#5242 08/08/03 03:03 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
((happy sigh!!))

This section was like a special dessert after a fine meal -- unexpected and delicious. Thanks!

#5243 08/08/03 03:09 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
*sighs happily* What Joy said! thumbsup

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#5244 08/08/03 03:55 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow I was hoping you would give us more but I wasn't expecting you to. What a nice surprise to see this here today! great job and a nice addition and finish to a lovely story. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#5245 08/08/03 06:49 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Pam! Nice sequel. I was a bit worried there when Clark started throwing out his "Under the circumstance, I can't believe you," stuff but Lois managed to save the day without blowing her stack and getting these two into even worse trouble. Then we get our nice WAFFs!

Thanks and good work! thumbsup

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#5246 08/08/03 07:05 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Pam, very nice work. Like Irene, I wasn't clamoring for a sequel either, and I was going to give an explanation why when I wrote my comments for "Art Appreciation". But then I decided to just leave well enough alone and just say nothing. :p

But then you wrote the sequel and I started reading it and sure enough, within the first few paragraphs of the new material my fears were realized...the reason why I didn't want a sequel...because I *knew* that Clark would get all freaked out and fear that Lois only loved him because of his alter-ego. And why not - it was right in character with his statements after the proposal in WHALTTA, so it makes perfect sense for you to write it! Aargh!

Thank you for having Lois have enough sense to not blow up at him in response and for, as Roger put it, "saving the day" with the catch phrase. And then since they had already worked past the anger in the past, they got right back to the important stuff - I like that. [Linked Image]

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#5247 08/09/03 12:26 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Pam

WOW! A wonderful sequel! smile1

Tricia cool

#5248 08/09/03 12:29 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow. I hadn't been clamoring for a sequel, but I *was* wondering how Clark was going to react to Lois. Looks like I was right! hehe I liked how Lois quickly let him in on what had happened, and even narrated it for him. Great ending, tho it feels more like part 2 of 2 than a sequel. wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#5249 08/09/03 01:02 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<snuffle> and <huge happy WAFFy sigh>. Oh, Pam. Wonderful. Loved it. And the link back to BaTP/HoL with those last few paragraphs was inspired. Funny, cute, waffy and had me melting into a puddle of goo.

goofy Now, if it needed keywords...

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#5250 08/09/03 02:10 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful, Pam. A fantastic sequel. So very waffy... *happy sigh* And I like the references to BatP/Hol, works great here.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#5251 08/09/03 03:50 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I didn't expect a sequel, but this one was right in character. Nice work bringing in the references from BatP and HoL. I never thought that those were ever hashed out the way they should have been.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#5252 08/09/03 05:29 AM
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
You know, when I wrote my reader's survey, you had yet to even post I is for Illusions....And here you are posting regular vignettes!!!

This was just great and I love the setup. It makes sense not to try too hard to resolve Lois's change of heart and its sincerity based upon whether it's before or after she learns who Clark is. It always makes more sense that Clark learns more about who *he* is.

Wonderful! Write more (she shouts greedily) laugh

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
#5253 08/09/03 05:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was one of those who never imagined a sequel to the original, Pam - but this is wonderful. smile I love Clark's shock when Lois kissed him, and then - poor boy! - his feelings when he thought she only wanted him because he was Superman. And that was a terrific use of some of those lines from BatP/HoL!

It was great to see Clark's memories 'unspooling' too, and you gave us a wonderfully WAFFy happy ending. smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#5254 08/09/03 09:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful story. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#5255 08/09/03 10:22 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Nice!!! thumbsup

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#5256 08/09/03 12:45 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm one of those who didn't necessarily need a sequel, because I really liked the way the first story ended. I absolutely love the sequel though! Great job Pam!

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
#5257 08/10/03 05:55 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw somebody hand me a mop! /me puddles to the floor

I don't remember if I clammored for a sequel or not, but it was just perfect! It was angst, it was club smootchie, it was waffy. whinging What more can I say?

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard