#52358 05/21/08 03:41 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Make me cry why don't ya. frown

This brings back memories of the worst week of my life. When I got pregnant with DD3, we did the 7 or 8 blood tests in 3 weeks thing and for the first 10 days or so we thought I was having a miscarriage. I'm still convinced I miscarried a twin because of the way it happened. I wouldn't wish that on anyone frown . What was worse about it was that one blood test would say pregnant, the next miscarriage, the next pregnant, the next miscarriage, then finally they all came back pregnant. The roller coaster... I can so relate to Lois here. I slept and/or cried most of that weekend and barely made it to work [thankfully only a few hours a couple days a week where I could take it fairly easy] that week.

I dearly hope that Lois and Clark have a good outcome.

Carol

#52359 05/21/08 04:12 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Have I said how much I absolutely love this story? They way you write about Lois and Clark's relationship is so wonderful. The whole bit with the book reading... And you can tell how scared Lois is. Fantastic.

#52360 05/21/08 05:10 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Very moving. I was so scared when Lois got those cramps, and when she started to look for blood in her underwear.

At close to seven thirty Clark came downstairs. He did not say anything, just moved to sit beside me under the blanket. He wrapped his arms around me from behind, pushing me back to lean against his chest.

“It's going to be okay, honey,” he whispered.

“I know,” I said back, even though that was a lie. I did not know anything at all anymore.

“Like we said before, even if it doesn't work out, at least we know we can get pregnant,” Clark whispered.

My hand moved protectively to my stomach like it had yesterday. I nodded to show I understood what he meant, but then voiced my true feelings. “I know that. But I don't want a different baby. I want this one.” My voice broke and tears moved down my cheeks once more.

Clark held me tighter, moving a hand to rest on top of mine on my stomach. “Me, too,” he replied, the tears audible in his whisper.
Their love is so strong. But not even love can fix everything.

“I thought we could use some distraction tonight,” he said.

I nodded my head in agreement, handing him “When Harry Met Sally” to place into the video player.

Clark once again climbed under the blanket beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders until I was partly leaning against him.

For the next hour and a half, Clark and I distracted ourselves with a story we knew well, but it worked anyway. I managed not to cry or focus on the baby for the entire movie.

Still, I was glad when the movie was over to discover I was tired again. Clark smiled. “I thought that would happen,” he said as he moved to replace “When Harry Met Sally” with the action flick.

I stretched out on the couch with my head in Clark's lap and was asleep again in moments only waking up briefly when Clark's movie was over to move with him to the bedroom.
I loved this, too. Clark gets them movies they can watch. Lois wants to see a romantic comedy, and Clark happily watches it with her, if only because he likes doing something with her and because he is glad when she feels better. But after watching the movie she is sleepy, she falls asleep on his lap, and he can watch the action movie that he really wanted to see.

Clark turned in his seat. “Honey?” he said, taking my hand in his.

“Hmmm?” I asked.

“You have to eat,” he said.

“Isn't soup good?” I asked, worried. I had thought this made sense. If I couldn't eat much, this way I got lots of liquid and vegetables.

“It is good, Lois. If you really can't eat anything much, I agree that soup is a good choice. But maybe you could try to eat something else with your soup?” he asked. “I'm worried about you. You're losing weight and you shouldn't be losing weight when you're pregnant.”

“It's okay the first trimester,” I told him, remembering reading that in my pregnancy books.

“Maybe for some women, but Lois, you don't have a lot of weight to lose,” Clark said.

“What if I have a piece of bread with my soup?” I asked.

“How about a salad?” he asked me. “With ranch dressing,” he added, knowing my weakness for creamy salad dressings.

I smiled at him. He was sweet even if he was pushy. “Okay. I'll try.”

“Well, that's good enough. I've never seen Lois Lane fail at anything she's tried before,” he teased before he leaned over to kiss me.
I love that Clark looks after Lois so much. He is so right, she has to eat. She really doesn't have a lot of weight to lose in the first place. I love that he makes her eating a challenge to her, a way to prove that she can do something.

Like I said, this is very moving! Come back soon with more.

Ann

#52361 05/22/08 01:59 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Catching up with this story, and I have to say I'm feeling anxious, sad and totally sympathetic with Lois' and Clark's situation. They so want this baby.

You write their interaction very well, and it seems you might have some experience of what they're going through, you have such empathy.

I can't wait to know what the new blood tests tell them, and I'm praying everything will go well for my favourite couple.

Please post again soon.
Yours Jenni

#52362 05/22/08 07:41 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've just started reading this story, and I want to tell you how much I love it! It's right up my alley, because I love fics where Lois & Clark are expecting and/or raising children - mostly because I feel totally gypped that the show was cancelled at that time, and I think they would've been great parents. Plus family stories give me the warm fuzzies. smile

I love that their relationship is so obviously rock-solid. I loved the ending of this chapter - Clark knows just how to handle Lois. I mean, it takes some serious skill to suggest how she should be taking care of herself, without offending her, and he goes about it in exactly(maybe almost even the only) right way.

Great job - keep it coming! smile1

#52363 05/23/08 03:03 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
I just wanted to thank you for the reviews.

I haven't been feeling very well the last couple of days, so I'll write more later, but wanted to make sure to tell you how much I appreciate the feedback.

#52364 05/24/08 02:07 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Just read the 5th part of your story. It's sooo touching and Clark is so sweet. Hope everything turns out well for them...

Thanks for writing this story. Love it!

I am Top Banana - that's the way I like it... (Pilot - Lois Lane)
#52365 05/25/08 06:36 AM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
I'm still not feeling well, but now I'm looking for things to distract me from how I feel, so I thought it was time to respond to this.

Thank you again for the comments! I really appreciate this. This story is a mix of so many things for me - how I see LnC's relationship post-show, a way to vent how I'm feeling, and a way for someone else to go through something similar but for me to craft the ending I wish I had. But obviously, for everyone else I'm hoping this rings true to LnC, so I really appreciate the feedback.

Carol - I am so sorry. I never considered that this may bring back bad memories for others. I should have - my only excuse (an extremely poor one) is that I've been pretty self-centered in the last few weeks.

And yes, Jenni - I have gone through this (or am going through this) now. I was diagnosed with... well, actually the diagnosis has changed with each new ultrasound, but all amounted to the same thing - a non-viable baby. It was a little easier on me than I think it would be on Lois since we had no question of things being different due to a half-alien baby. smile But as Carol alluded to, it's never a fun experience.

Writing this story has actually helped. We opted to wait for the pregnancy to resolve itself naturually and the not feeling well the last few days has been because that process has started, and as awful as it is to sit around waiting for a miscarriage, I'm glad I had some time as I think dealing with the physical and emotional aspects all at once would be awful, whereas now I feel like I'd mostly come to terms with the fact that this was going to happen and can focus now and just feeling physically awful.

So, I guess I should thank you all for the free therapy as well! wink

I have been doing a little writing, although it's slowed down considerably since I haven't been feeling up to par. Still, I should be able to post the next part today or tomorrow. And hopefully, the most intense part of this process will pass in the next couple of days and I can start writing again in earnest.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard