Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52310 05/19/08 11:51 AM
cp33 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you are posting a sequel to this story.

It is interesting to see Lois and Clark balance their relationship between work and home.

Looking forward to much more

[Adding part no into post header - LabRat]

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hm. Did the weird medical experiments do something... odd to Clark's powers besides taking them away? I'm looking forward to the next part, Jenni.

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another great part! help

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
What a moving story. Clark and Lois have to adjust to the idea that she is Clark's boss, which is so contrary to almost everyone's idea of what a married couple's relationship should be like.

I loved how Lois was cooking breakfast - passably, but not too well - and how Vicki was disappointed, but she, too, knew when she needed to offer support. And the reason for why Lois was making breakfast instead of Clark was that Clark was feeling nervous this morning, because now he was really getting back to work, and now he wanted to chase down his own stories again.

“Where were you?” Lois wasted no time on further small talk.

“Thinking. Wondering if the Chief might have a story for me today.”

“Right at this moment, the Chief isn't here and your wife doesn't know, but if your wife might be allowed to offer you some advice, I'd say you shouldn't expect too much too soon.”
I love this exchange between them. I loved their kiss, too.

Now I want to know what in the world made that truck explode, not long after Lois and Clark had driven past it!

Ann

Features Writer
Features Writer
Jenni, you know I am loving this! It's about time you got your kilt into gear and started posting. wink

I love that Lois learned something last time and is able to differentiate between Lois, the editor, and Lois, Clark's wife, because he clearly needs his wife more than his boss right now. I am glad that Clark has a story to work on now, and it's fun to see that Jimmy has come into his own as a reporter. I'm sure tagging along after L&C all those years rubbed off on him.

I, too, am curious about the truck. laugh

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Jenni, I'm so pleased to see you posting this. What I'm really loving so far is your exploration of the complexity of Lois and Clark's relationship as they try to rebuild their life together. And also Clark's struggle to rebuild his career as a jouranlist. Oh, and Matt. smile

c.

Columnist
Columnist
Whee! I don't think I left feedback on the first part, but I am so excited to see this being posted. I loved the first story and I can't wait to see where you're going to go with all this.

Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I'd like to thank you for making some very nice comments about my story.

Carol and Beth, I'm so glad you joined my fdk thread.

I am not being coy when I tell you that I find it very difficult to judge my ability to write. I hope for the best, but am aware I don't always reach my expectations.

So, for people to take the time to leave me fdk means a lot to me.

I know I don't write in the most popular genre, but it feels good to know that I'm not playing to a totally empty auditorium. wink

Thank you again. smile
Yours Jenni

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard