Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52201 05/15/08 03:08 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Just a point from someone who's been there chocolate may technically be decaf - but theobromine is a stimulant and tests have shown than cocoa is frequently contaminated with lead (from processing).

I couldn't have coffee, caffeinated soda or cocoa until my son was weaned. Carob was the hot drink of choice. blush

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#52202 05/15/08 04:29 PM
Columnist
Columnist
“Would you like eggs for breakfast, Lois?” Jimmy asked me.
I don't really know why, but that just made me laugh out loud. Maybe because it was so random of Jimmy to say, even though it made a lot of sense to him at the time.

Another wonderful chapter to this story!

#52203 05/15/08 04:52 PM
Columnist
Columnist
You have a real talent for capturing the "voices" just as they should be. You have Perry down pat.

I love this story so far and look forward to more.

#52204 05/15/08 06:57 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I don't think I posted on the last segment, but I'm enjoying this.

Love that Jimmy and Perry know and how Jimmy wants to help take care of her.

More soon.
Carol

#52205 05/15/08 08:48 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Fortunately, I think most pregnant women are able to drink hot chocolate. I hope Lois will be able to!

Very sweet part. This was my favorite:

“Me, too,” he said. “Mom is so happy.”

“Of course, she is,” I told him. “She knows that this is what you want most in the world, Clark. She’s happy for you.”

Clark loosened his grip on me to turn me around until I was lying on my back. He leaned up so I could see him clearly in the darkened bedroom. “First of all, she’s happy for us, not just me,” he said. “And second of all, a baby is not what I want most in the world.”

“It’s not?” I asked, confused. All this time, I thought this was what Clark wanted. Was I wrong?

“No,” he said, leaning over to kiss my forehead. “I already have what I want most in the world, Lois. You are what I want most in the world. I do want a baby, but only with you.”

I smiled, but felt those annoying tears leaking out of my eyes again. “I love you,” I said again.

Clark smiled at me before leaning forward to capture my lips with his.
Adorable. Lovely.

It's very good that Jimmy and Perry know, but I would have preferred it if they had had to tell at least Jimmy. But I, too, loved Jimmy's question about Lois's choice of breakfast!

Ann

#52206 05/16/08 11:15 AM
Blogger
Blogger
You are right that's one of the sweetest parts.

But the whole part 3 is great. You have done a really good work - as ever laugh Beautiful story

I am Top Banana - that's the way I like it... (Pilot - Lois Lane)
#52207 05/17/08 12:06 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thank you all for the feedback! I really appreciate it and it encourages me to write faster.

Dandello - I know chocolate is a stimulant (although I had not heard the lead thing before, scary!), but given that in the last few years most doctors have let up on the caffeine rule (like Evelyn saying Lois could have one cup of coffee a day), I don't think very many women are told to stay away from chocolate anymore. While I'm sort of picturing this happening shortly after the show ended, I'm using modern pregnancy knowledge because, well, because it is what I know.

Beth - I always see Jimmy as comic relief for some reason (although I see his character as having more depth than that implies). This random offer emblemizes how I picture Jimmy - it was funny, but caring.

cp33 - Thank you! For me the voices always seem like the hardest part and particularly voices aside from Lois and Clark. I kept going back and tweaking Perry and Jimmy's dialogue, never sure it was ringing true to the characters. It's good to know all the tweaking paid off.

Carol - Thanks! I do see Jimmy as a bit protective of Lois, probably because of the crush he has on her.

Ann - I have to admit, I actually thought of you after I wrote that. It seemed like something you would comment on (in a positive light). I did sort of go back and forth on having Jimmy and Perry know Clark's secret, but decided that I didn't want this story to be too much about that. It's about Lois' feelings as she becomes a mother (and to a lesser degree, Clark's feelings about becoming a father). Lois' family is going to require some "coming out", but I wanted to keep that to a minimum.

Top Banana - Thank you! I'm glad you think it is sweet. While I haven't finished it yet, I don't think part 4 is going to be quite as much so.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard