Pulitzer
yes
Yes
YES
YES!!
smile1

Finally, finally COMMUNICATION!!!

Forget the sloppy you.

Anything Clark could do to Paul would be too merciful compared to what Lois Lane-Kent is going to do to him.

He is sooooo DEAD cat !!!!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#52110 05/13/08 07:42 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
party party party

Finally

party party party

Yay! Carol, what a turn around. And LLK actually gets to be confident. Now, let's get her back to her pants and let her find the tape recorder. And fry that little bastard.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#52111 05/13/08 08:15 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes!!! That was lovely! smile1 sloppy

I'm not so coherent right now and i don't have much time, but I just loved how Clark was so patient with Lois here, how he didn't interrupt her, how he allowed her to ask all those horrible questions because she so totally needed to ask them. And then, he told her the truth about himself, and he made her understand and believe. And she told him about Sam, and what Sam had done to her self-confidence and self-esteem.

And finally Lois felt so loved and secure in Clark's arms, that she really wanted to go after Paul and take him down!!!! Yes!!!! jump

Oh, this is such a splendid fic!

Ann

#52112 05/13/08 09:57 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
They talked! They really talked!

Carol,
I want to thank you. Thank you so much for finally getting it all out in the open.

I knew Clark would stop Lois in time because they both made an even bigger mistake than not talking to each other for over 2 years! And she snapped but it finally allowed her to show her feelings, fears, insecuritites. Lois, you were so brave tonight, I am proud of you. smile

Clark, be there for her and get the scumbag!

Natascha who finally sees hope for a wonderful future together

#52113 05/13/08 11:22 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
OMG Carol! No words, just party party party ! I was so afraid that this would keep circling downward but there is a light!

BRAVA!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#52114 05/13/08 11:28 AM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Carol, this was wonderful. I kept smiling at Clark's reaction. I know the scene you painted was anything but funny, but Clark's confusion was so well done and it was amusing watching him trying to figure out what Lois was doing and saying.

I was glad Lois believed him when he said he hadn't been cheating - I had thought she wouldn't. To me, this means she never was really sure all along, some small, probably repressed, part of her suspected that Clark wouldn't do that to her. And that definitely paves the way for a happy future for these two.

#52115 05/13/08 12:01 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by anonpip:
I was glad Lois believed him when he said he hadn't been cheating -
Eventually she believed him. Oh, when she didn't at first and asked for the divorce...I wanted to bang my head on my desk.

Carol, I aspire to write as well as you do, and I ain't talking diction and spellin' wink

James

#52116 05/13/08 12:16 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Getting to read this section was sheer torture for me. I just peeked at the boards while I was at work, saw a new part was posted, got all excited to read it, and then my boss started hovering around. I had to sit there for a couple of hours and ignore it while I actually did work. But, on to the actual story...

smile1 They talked! hyper I'm going to be cautiously optimistic that this is the beginning of better times for Lois and Clark.

And Lois is going nail Paul! I can't wait to see this. She's a smart girl, that Lois. After her initial panic, she sees true logic and takes action in pure Lois Lane(Kent) fashion.

This section was so wonderfully well-written, Carol. I'm ready to see these two get in gear, take that evil man down, and fix their relationship.

Once again, clap clap

#52117 05/13/08 03:53 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
What? Where is all of my delightful angst? I'm not sure this story will be worth reading if it gets mushy, you know.

She wanted him? It had been less than 2 hours since she was being assaulted in the conference room and now she wanted *him*?
It's nuts. Isn't it, Clark?

She looked up at him, tears continuing to stream down her cheeks. "Don't you want me?"
I knew she wouldn't take rejection well.

"Who were you sleeping with when I told you I'd changed my name?"

He didn't have time to respond before she went on.

"Before that, every time - *every* time – I told you I wasn't sure we could make it, that this marriage would last, you were so quick to reassure me that somehow, someway, we'd beat the odds. We'd make a teen marriage work. We wouldn't be a statistic. But that night, you left me sitting there. You left and you went and took a long shower – you never took a long shower, Clark, ever. You took a long shower and you left me sitting there. I waited for you to come talk to me but you didn't. You went to bed. You left me. Just like my mother did. Just like my father did. You'd always been so convincing when you talked about how I was the only one for you and then you left. Not physically, but you left. There was another woman by then, wasn't there? And I want to know who she was."
Here we have the crux of the angst. She's grieving because she feels he was unwilling to fight for their marriage anymore, even unwilling to fight her.

"Of course. I remember the entire day like it was yesterday."
That wouldn't have gone over well in the Data home. It would be implied, I remember the entire thing; why don't you? Ahem... oversharing. Right. Back on the subject. I'm sure it sounds more romantic to Clark than it does to me.

"Define 'be'."
Was I the only one who thought of a former president?

Actually, I thought it was wise of them to make sure they were on the same page for every last detail they were talking about. The two have a long recent history of miscommunication.

She moved back into his arms and they sat for long minutes.

"I wasn't the first one," she said with sudden clarity.
She probably won't be the last either. Serial rapists don't just quit unless they have a reason to.

Ellen wouldn't have been strong enough to fight, both because Sam wasn't there to support her and because she made it a habit to medicate her pain. That means that Lois is going through uncharted territory.

All right, I will grudgingly admit that the story might be worth reading even without the angst. Of course, I won't know that for sure without slowly pondering over part 19. laugh

Elisabeth

#52118 05/13/08 04:59 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! They got talking. I found it interesting how Clark remembers every little thing related to Lois while at the same time he has trouble recalling details of his interactions with Mayson.

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

And now they'll be sort of jointly investigating Paul Smith.

clap

And maybe, I guess they do need to talk a bit more, specifically 2-way trust-building?

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#52119 05/13/08 07:45 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Well done. I was surprised that you allowed them to really talk.

I'm delighted that Lois is thinking again and willing to go after Paul.

Does she really believe Clark?

I'd like to see Mayson and Lois reach a point where they can really talk and Lois can get Mayson's POV on Clark. it would go a long way to helping Lois really trust Clark.

With her background she is going to need all the help she can get.

Mayson is a budding DA. Perhaps she spends sometime working on the local women's crisis line and can believe Lois completely and become a strong support for her.

Also have we seen Linda King? In canon she was Lois's roommate. Perhaps she could appear as one of Paul's earlier victims? She could be a "party girl" who because she had already completely trashed her own rep became an easy victim.

One of the most common attitudes I have to deal with is that if a young woman gets drunk she is inviting whatever happens.

Framework4
#52120 05/13/08 09:23 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I've been following this with great interest; it's a wonderful premise and the writing is beautiful. But I think the tension level is starting to raise my blood pressure at this point! Thank goodness they got some things talked out in this part, or I think I would have exploded, but there are still so many misunderstandings and miscommunications lying around like landmines and...

They definitely need to talk more! For instance, I don't think Lois has a clue about how much she upset Clark when (was it Part 9?) she declined to read Martha's letter to "Mrs. Clark Kent," telling Clark that their marriage would not last and he should save it for the person he was actually going to spend his life with. She still seems to think of that as the night she changed her name and he got upset. Wrong, Lois! I realize Lois has had a hard time, but she doesn't seem to have any idea that anything she's done, apart from not making love, could possibly have hurt Clark.

It seems like Lois has a category in her mind labeled "men." All "men" want certain things and behave in certain ways. And, notwithstanding Clark's incredibly supportive and generous behavior towards her sister and herself, she doesn't exempt him from her "men" prejudices. I wonder if one conversation can really be the breakthrough that changes the whole relationship.

Anxiously awaiting the next part (and the next, and the next...) to see how you resolve all of this!

Peace, Carolyn
#52121 05/14/08 01:48 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
"I didn't mean tonight. I meant your dad." Wow. Clark is so perceptive. Even among all the confusion and anger and despair, he knows Lois and he sees the big picture.

I second everything that Carolyn just said. Also, Lois may believe and trust Clark tonight, but it's been a long time that they've been just co-existing. It's going to take some more work before she believes and trusts him all the time.

I'm also not sure it would be a good idea for Lois to talk to Mayson. I can sort of picture Mayson claiming they *were* having an affair, to try to break Lois and Clark apart again.

#52122 05/14/08 03:54 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Oh, that is so true. Mayson clearly had plans to try to split them up earlier on. It's kind of pathetic that Mayson is still insisting on eating lunch with Clark whenever she can find him, when she's clearly not welcome and not included in the conversation.

Peace, Carolyn
#52123 05/14/08 11:50 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey, welcome to the boards AmyPrime and CarolynK! thumbsup

By your posting numbers, you are not total newbies, but still, glad you decided to leave feedback. FDK is always welcome.

James

#52124 05/14/08 04:05 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Thank you very much! I've kind of been a "lurker" for a while now, though. blush

Peace, Carolyn
#52125 05/14/08 04:08 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thank you again everyone!

James -
Forget the [Wildguy] . If I wasn't [Love] married myself I would find you and [Sloppy] you.
Oh my wink . I think DH and Elisabeth might have something to say about that!!! Seriously - I'm glad you liked it, though I wasn't quite expecting that response!

Michael - When I first checked James' thread I told Anna that it might not have been the most detailed FDK ever but possibly the most enthusiastic. Then I saw this one! You guys are too fun!

Ann - Hope you get more coherent - those days are not fun. I don't think it's so much that he 'allowed' her to ask those questions as much as he was to stunned/shocked/whatever to get a word in edgewise.

Natascha - Of course Clark stopped in time! Yes, Lois was brave smile .

Sheila - More excitement! WOOHOO!

Anon - We'll get to more about the cheating and such later but yes she does believe him.

James - again
Carol, I aspire to write as well as you do, and I ain't talking diction and spellin' [Wink]
Wow. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. If I wasn't married I might sloppy [not really, Elisabeth wink ].

Rona - don't you hate that when work interferes with fic... I hope that the next segments don't disappoint.

Elisabeth - angst? What angst? *runs and hides* To be fair, Lois had a bad week that week and most of that day is a blur... No - I totally thought of him when I typed that and every time I read it. You're right - had this happened when Sam and Ellen were still alive, I don't think they would have been able to give her the support she would need during something like this.

AnKS - That dratted eidetic memory - he remembers everything! /me wonders if trust falls are in their future wink

Framework - Mayson and Lois talking... You know Alisha and I emailed about that very thing today... it may be a while but, unless the muse goes in a very different direction, they *will* have a good, old fashioned, heart to heart at some point. It's hard to get her POV because everything takes place either in Clark's head or Lois'. It's hard to really get a handle on her though that convo with Alisha today helped smile . Linda will be back - either in person or mentioned as to what, if any, relationship she had with Paul or to do with all of this.

One of the most common attitudes I have to deal with is that if a young woman gets drunk she is inviting whatever happens.
I don't understand that attitude and I doubt anyone here does. She wouldn't be allowed to make medical decisions for herself drunk or to drive a vehicle, but she can say yes without any problems? I don't get it.

Carolyn - Hi!! Glad to hear you've been following. Take deep cleansing breaths. Find some paava leaves wink . She does have certain expectations of men - Clark is going to have to break those eventually.

Amy - Hi to you too! I have this vision of her standing in the night in a tank top and light cotton pants and shivering, looking for all the world like a little lost girl.

What will Mayson do? Ah - the $65,000 question. We shall see... wink

Thank you again everyone! I'm hoping to post part 19 tomorrow sometime!
Carol

#52126 05/14/08 05:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome chapter! hyper Boy, I couldn't take so much tension anymore. I was on the verge of a fit of nerves. eek Now I can breath relieved. cool

Thank you again everyone! I'm hoping to post part 19 tomorrow sometime!
Well, here is already tomorrow, so I'm anxiously waiting for next part! laugh

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#52127 05/14/08 05:25 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Original posted by Framework4:
This probably not the case everywhere, and I can't say that even in NY everyone believes it, but regardless of how they feel, at least in NY, the law states that if two people have sex and only one of them is sober, that's considered rape even if he/she agreed.

The law is fuzzy on what happens if both parties are drunk, but the basic idea is clear. Taking advantage of a girl who went out and had too much to drink could lead to you spending a very long time in jail.

I imagine this is not the only state with this law.

#52128 05/14/08 07:15 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Alleluia! Conversation!

Wish I owned internet for real feedback, but I'm running on borrowed time with my neighbor's wireless. Loved this part, Carol!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard