Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Jenni - I told you not too long ago that I had reread The Forgotten and loved it again and you told me you were working on this. I was so excited to see it this afternoon!!!

My heart aches for Clark. To know he used to do something so well and not be sure of himself anymore. And Lois, though there, isn't really there with him. Lane and Kent doesn't exist in this context anymore. My heart also aches for Lois because this *is* her life still and she wants to help Clark back into it but things aren't the same and she can't do it for him.

Part of me thinks that Clark isn't going to be a reporter for long either. I think he'll either help edit or write a best selling novel about his adventures [leaving out the Superman part of course] and stuff like that. Maybe go work for the Superman Foundation [if there is one] or something.

Now I have another reason to look forward to Mondays. However, if you decide to post more often, I'll take that too wink .

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Jenni,
It is a pleasure to see you post again! And I am so glad it is a sequel to The Forgotten. That was a heartbreaking, breathtaking story with pain and hope. I am looking forward to seeing more of Clark's recovery and adjustment to his new/old life.
I can certainly empathize how difficult his first day back at the Planet would be. Heck, I would be nervous too! But he has his son and wife cheering him on and offering him all the help he needs and more.
Yes, Clark, your wife is now the boss but she is so much more.
Now Mondays are something to look forward to!
Natascha

Features Writer
Features Writer
My Hot Scot and her hot story! I am so happy to see you post. Maybe if your beta wasn't such a slacker you would have posted earlier. <coughs>

I love this story. There's just something about the storyline of Lois as the boss (and you know that's my dream) and Clark having to deal with that on top of dealing with his return to his "normal" life that is so appealing. And we all know how well he handled her being in charge last time (on the show) so it should be an interesting adventure! At least Lois seems to have learned some humility from last time.

I can really empathize with Clark's nervousness about walking back into The Planet. I can remember something similiar from last summer ... I must have stood outside the paper for a good five, ten minutes before I worked up the nerve to go inside, and another several before I could walk into the newsroom. Poor Clark. I so want to give him a hug.

I can't wait to see the next part! You rock!

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Jenni, you're back! And this was lovely! sloppy

I could totally feel for Clark and his nervousness. When you have been away from your old job and your old life for years, and you yourself are changed and weakened, then it is no wonder if you are nervous and full of self-doubt. But I loved how everyone gave Clark their support. I loved how you wrote Matt. He is such a great son, and I hope to see more of him as - Jor-El, was it? I loved that glowing reference from Mac, too. And because I didn't immediately remember Mac, I thought of Scotty of Star Trek when Lois imitated Mac's Scottish accent! laugh

I think this must be my favorite quote from this part:

&#8220;Clark, all the other parts of your personality have come back ... why not this?&#8221;

&#8220;But they haven't, Lois. Even you have to admit that I'm not exactly the same.&#8221; He grabbed hold of the hand she'd held out to him. &#8220;Superman can't ever come back.&#8221;

&#8220;Superman is back. He was never just about the powers. Superman was you, Clark. The caring, compassionate man behind the suit and the cape ... that man is here. I know some of your memories are still a bit hazy, and your powers aren't full strength, but your experiences are helping Matt a whole lot.&#8221;
That's just wonderful.

Well, this is surely an interesting situation - Lois is Editor-in-Chief, or at least she shares that job with Perry, and Clark feels like a nervous newcomer. I hope that Lois and Clark will be all right!

And it is great to have you back, Jenni!

Ann

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
A sequel to The Forgotten - SQUEE! Very excited to see this great beginning. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jenni, I'm so happy to see you posting again!!!! [Linked Image] You're a wonderful writer and your stories are always brilliant. 'The Forgotten' is unforgettable. laugh I couldn't get enough of that story and I was really sad when it was finished. Now it's so great to have a sequel! YAY! [Linked Image] You've made Monday a great day! [Linked Image]

Looking forward for this amazing story! hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm going to play catch-up first with the two previous stories and then I will read this one.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Columnist
Columnist
I was just thinking about this story the other day and planned to read it this upcoming weekend!

I am beyond thrilled to see a sequel to this story. Can't wait for more.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Jenni, wow. Just wow. More, please? Can't think of anything more to say but that.

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I'd like to thank everyone who left me fdk. It really was great to find out people still looked forward to my stories.

I just hope I can live up to expectations. smile

Thank you again. You made me very happy.

Yours Jenni

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard