Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
So we're nearing the climax...

Something bad is going to happen on that boat, and I don't think it'll be good for either Lois or Clark. Too many bad memories.

And now Cat is getting into deeper trouble. Well, I assume that the reason she wants to be more actively involved is so that she can actually take some real evidence to the authorities. But I'm still scared for her.

And only three parts left! Something tells me that they're going to be very full parts.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ha! I'm so glad to finally see what Jimmy has been doing with regards to Cat. We're still not sure what Perry knows, though. What did Cat tell him when she busted in to his office saying they needed to talk?

Poor Clark will probably be paralyzed by a boat accident.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Along with all that, Clark's relationship with Lois still puzzled her. Rebecca couldn't figure out if they were former lovers or former enemies, and neither Clark nor Lois had ever offered to explain it to her, despite the many openings she'd provided to each of them for such a clarification. One moment they'd be nearly at each other's throats, and the next moment they'd be standing shoulder to shoulder against the entire world. If anyone had Clark's back, it was Lois, and he certainly had hers. But just how close were they?
Very interesting. Rebecca notices that Lois and Clark seem to have a sort of love-hate relationship, which is precisely what makes their relationship, such as it is, so intense. I'm pretty sure that it was Sue who made Clark say, in one of her many brilliant stories, that he knew that Lois loved him because she hated him. I tend to shy away from the word 'hate', but I think I know what Sue meant.

Lois, still irritated by the cab driver, turned to glare at Clark. He gave her back a brief wry grin before turning on the charm for Rebecca. Interesting, thought Lois, as her glare faded. When he's around Rebecca, he acts like I do around Lex. Wonder if that means the same thing for him as it does for me?

And then she wondered exactly what it meant for her.

She turned to look around and saw the other object of her thoughts. She could feel her facial muscles quickly morph from a sharp frown into a warm smile
Lois and Clark can't control their emotions around each other. When they are with Lex and Rebecca, they smile and become charming. That doesn't necessarily mean that they love the person they are supposedly being in a relationship with.

That cruise that Lex invites them to sounds interesting. Nice. And ominous. And - okay, I saw the WHAM warning thread. Dare I go on reading? Is Lois safe? Well, considering her superpowers, she should be.

“Clark, would you excuse me? I need to visit the little receptionist's room before we leave.”

He grinned at her euphemism. “Sure. I'll even wait for you.”

She managed a smile somehow. “I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear that.”

His eyebrow quirked upwards. “Hope everything comes out all right.”

It took her several moments to process his response to her joke as another joke, and her groan when she finally got it was so loud that another woman in the restroom knocked on the stall door and asked, “Honey, you okay in there?”
My childish bathroom humour got the better of me there. You really had me giggling, too!

He grinned. “Okay. Lois and I have been invited to cruise aimlessly on the ocean with Lex and Rebecca this weekend. He was so eager to get Lois to come that he even coerced Perry into giving us a long weekend.”
Ahhh gaaaah. Brilliant move, Clark. You told Cat about that.

Cat almost jumped with surprise as Lois snapped her head around with preternatural speed and took an instant step towards Clark, so quickly that it almost seemed that Cat had blinked and missed a few frames of a movie.
And Lois shows off her superpowers as Cat is watching. :rolleyes:

Clark smiled. “That was good thinking on her part.”

For the first time, a soft smile appeared on Lois's face. “I'll be sure and tell her the next time I see her. She needs that kind of positive reinforcement.”

Clark reached out again and stroked Lois's hair once. “She should get it, then. She's doing a great job.”

His hand jerked to a stop and he lowered it awkwardly. Lois turned her head away and stepped back. “I have to get back to my other assignments, Clark. But thanks. Thanks a lot.”

He smiled warmly. “You're welcome.”

That was very interesting, mused Cat. Very confusing, too, since both Clark and Lois were supposed to be dating other people.
Considering how long Perry and Jimmy have been suspicious of Cat, you'd think they would have thought of warning Clark and Lois to be careful around her. frown

And Cat decided to really join the dark side. Maybe Cat is the one who will die. I still think someone should have tried to stop her before things went as far as they did. Probably the best one to try to stop her would have been Perry.

I liked Jimmy's spying on Cat, but again, I wish that someone might have taken decisive action sooner.

“Hello, Nigel,” the distorted voice purred. “I assume the errand at the warehouse was successful?”
Why do I get the impression that the voice on the phone belongs to a woman?

“The targets will be on Lex Luthor's personal yacht, the Miss Emily, over the weekend. They're taking a floating holiday.” The voice bubbled with electronic laughter. “Floating holiday, on a boat, get it?”

Simpleton, thought Nigel. “Of course. That is most humorous.”
Maybe the person that Nigel is talking to isn't a woman. I think that Batman's enemy, the Joker, would sound and speak and giggle like that. But I really don't think that the person on the phone is the Joker.

Hmmm. No, not the Joker, but maybe the Prankster?

And there is something about the way that Nigel seems to despise his "boss" that makes me feel that Nigel is somehow in control of the whole operation, or he thinks that he might be able to control it.

Well, very interesting. Matter is about to hit the fan shortly, that's for sure.

Ann

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm still thinking about that WHAM warning. Who will be killed? Ordinarily I'd immediately suspect it was Lois, but she will be hard to kill in this story now that she has superpowers. So who is it then? Clark? No way. Perry or Jimmy? No, only Tank ever kills Jimmy, and the idea of killing Perry makes everybody too sad. Martha or Jonathan? Now that would be a bolt from the blue. Lex? As if we cared! You don't need to give us a WHAM warning if you plan to kill Lex, Terry. Cat? A definite possibility. Again, how heartbroken will we be, though, if this Cat dies in this story?

Rebecca? Could Rebecca be the victim? She could indeed, and that would be interesting as far as the story goes. If Rebecca is killed on Lex's yacht while Lois and Clark are there, too, then that will almost mirror the situation when Lana was killed when she was on board a ship with Lois. Lana was Clark's wife. Rebecca is Clark's girlfriend. What if first Lana and then Rebecca are killed on board a boat, and Lois is present when it happens both times? How would that affect Lois and Clark's relationship?

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
No time for real feedback, but you have me curious as to how this will end. The parallels between this and it's prequel are obvious, hopefully not painfully so.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard