ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

#51893 05/07/08 06:49 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh God, Clark is going to wear one of Chris's old costumes? He's right to be worried.

But Lois is so resourceful...

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#51894 05/07/08 07:18 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just caught up with the last two parts and am loving it. I'm also from Savannah, so it was nice to see something on a sugar refinery, if you happened to have your inspiration from us. I was very impressed with Lois' CNN coverage; I wouldn't have expected anything less from her; she's gutsy to the core. Hmm the Superman museum, eh? Looking forward to seeing where all this Superman stuff is going and if Lois can actually convince Clark to put on the suit...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#51895 05/07/08 07:29 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Well, duh, Clark, your aura...

But does it have to be a Chris Reeves costume? *whine* I liked Dean's much better personally - the different blue I think. And I liked Dean's longer cape too. But, well, beggars can't be choosers I guess. Don't they have one of L/C's suits at the museum? I seem to remember that...

Anyway - wow. Mr. Lane bought one a Superman suit. I imagine it wasn't cheap.

Am curious as to what the rest of the plan is.

Carol

#51896 05/07/08 08:03 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
In retrospect, it's obvious it has to be a suit from Hollywood. The Halloween costumes would be too tacky.

If Clark is at all built like Dean Cain, then Chris Reeves's suit may not fit. But it's poetic, even if we all might prefer the L&C version. I'm starting to suspect that the TV show L&C didn't air in this world. Certainly Lois didn't watch it, or she would have recognized alt-Clark's life story.

I hope Jim gets to find out just why Lois is handing this priceless suit to this handsome stranger. I suppose if he doesn't find out right now, he certainly will soon. Maybe the good citizens of Metropolis, IL can help the poor folks from Metropolis, NT.

If Lois thought Clark had no idea what was coming, neither does the rest of her world. I remember the scene from the film "Contact" where people went crazy camping out around the Very Large Array in New Mexico when the first signal from an alien civilization was detected. Clark's debut may be like that. Poor Clark is going to be flabbergasted at the reaction to him. eek

#51897 05/07/08 08:07 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
clap clap A suit with history. Well done. Very well done.

Framework4
#51898 05/07/08 11:38 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow! Amazing! I absolutely love it. Imagine that Clark and Lois went to Metropolis, Illinois, and imagine that Clark got to wear Christopher Reeve's suit. I liked that suit, so I don't mind that Clark is going to wear it. And like others said, I don't think LnC:TNAOS ever aired in this reality.

All in all, this is just splendid! Wow, if this story was a movie, I can just imagine the music that would start playing the moment Clark first held the suit in his hands. And let me see if I've got this right, a number of people from, perhaps, Metropolis, IL are going to help Lois and Clark free the hostages?

Fantastic! What a super-great story this is!

Ann

#51899 05/08/08 04:59 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I thought that there was something said about a 90s TV version of Superman - maybe Lois was thinking of the 88-92 Superboy series or something.

Love the idea of Clark getting that suit and a quick briefing on the bits of its story he won't know from seeing the original films.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#51900 05/08/08 05:10 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I thought so too, Marcus, but that he chose to start with the movie instead. Like he knew any better...

Carol

#51901 05/08/08 06:51 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
ASHLEY BANFIELD!!!

Okay before you all think I completely lost my mind... In an early segment, we were contemplating how Lois ended up in front of the camera and I said maybe something like the one chick on MSNBC [I think], who was a behind the scenes type until they stuck her in front of a camera on 9/11 because they needed someone [or so goes the story I heard]. She later went to Afghanistan and elsewhere.

Carol

#51902 05/08/08 08:38 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow!

“You don’t have any ID,” Lois said, glancing at him.
But he still has his wallet, hasn´t he? Of course he can´t use that ID.

Lois looked at him for a long moment then nodded. “So we’ll have to do something about that.”
“What can we possibly…” At her expression he took a step back. “No…”
“What are the odds that you are going to be able to find all the passengers and gather them together without help?”
As I thought: he refuses, but he doesn´t stand a chance against Lois!

It had been difficult enough to convince Lois, and she’d had a first hand seat at most of the events in question. How much more difficult would it be to convince a public watching events through a television screen, especially a public jaded by special effects extravaganzas.
Oh, it wouldn´t have been difficult to convince Lois, if Clark had taken her flying earlier! And for convincing a public in front of their TV screens: I would suggest a major event or disaster, with CNN live footage, and then... "Is that a bird? A plane?..." laugh Or landing in a press conference on the lawn of the White House? That will make Agent Randal´s day! And Pilar´s too!

“You don’t have a normal life now,” Lois said. “And if you go home, who’s to say anyone has to know?”
The odds that someone hadn’t mentioned the name Clark Kent in relation to Superman were slim, but still…
One question regarding the secret identity problem: as far as I fiured out from your story, your Clark doesn´t wear glasses. So... no disguise when he returns to his world. That makes things certainly more difficult. But isn´t there also an Alt-Clark who lives without secret identity?
And the passengers who have been asked: "Do you know the name Superman? Or the name Clark Kent?" don´t know about the connection between these two names! And I don´t think the agents would have explained that to them, more like "I´m the one asking questions here!" And nobody except Lois knows his name...

“They’re having a contest for who would make the best new town Superman,” Lois said. Turning to Jim, she said, “He’s not one of the contestants.”
Definitely not one of the contestants! More like the real thing! laugh Jim will have kittens when he finds out! And DC Comics and Hollywood, too! clap

Here in my city we are pretty much about carnival (more party than Rio, I tell you!), and so there are several good costume shops. But when I see the Superman suits, or let me call them costumes, there, I know that they always scream "fake, not real". Very thin material, too shiny, just cheap. I can´t imagine Clark going public in one of these suits. So this one is the perfect solution! First I just thought, they are going to buy a suit in the museum shop... but that would be the same cheap thing, I think.

Now I´m desperately waiting! Go ahead and let him put it on! And please, let me read Lois´ reaction!

I love it! hail

#51903 05/08/08 03:58 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
The idea that putting out the fire saved the economy in a small town is very insightful. I never would have thought of that. Of course, I live in suburbia.

After all that the citizens of Metropolis have done for the idea of Superman, I think it would be fitting if they saw his debut. It might also give Clark some confidence.

Elisabeth

#51904 05/08/08 05:14 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He's becoming Superman bit by bit! I love how Lana and his caution had made him the disillusioned, conceal-himself, somewhat bitter Clark Kent in his world.

Since he's come to our world, he's become more open about using his powers, and more willing to use his powers. Lois Lane is creating a Superman once again, and you are chronicling it with remarkable skill.

Great job - working in Metropolis, IL, and the Superman Museum adds flair!

Questions:

Will Lois meet up with some of her government sources? (I mean the nice ones, not Agent Randal). And/or will there be a confrontation with Agent Randal in the near future?

Will you show Pilar eating crow?

If (or when) Clark goes public, what will be the world's reaction?

Are the government agents still trying to track Lois? Are they getting frustrated? What did they think about Lois and Clark's mysterious disappearance from the rooftop of Nerdy Guy's apartment?

What about the previously mentioned ornithologist? Will his contribution be made in the nick of time?

And what about the nuclear experiment that's causing the whole thing? Don't we have to get down to root causes to fix whatever is wrong?

I sure hope more of those Eurypterids aren't washing up on shore (and, by the way, kudos for including them. It's not every fic that includes prehistoric arthropods, only the really good ones.)

You know, speaking of that, are there any other people from alternate worlds entering our world? Or has it just been the plane (due to Clark) and a bunch of animals? Are the dimensional rifts between an infinite number of universes and our own, or is it just a few selected realms that are touching ours?

By the way, what's been happening in Clark's Metropolis? Does Lana miss him? What about all the people on the plane? Is time passing at the same rate between the two universes? Or will the plane crowd be back before they left?

What about Lois' feelings for Clark? Is she starting to feel that attraction? It's obvious that there's nothing in our world for her and that she should go to Clark's world. But does she feel that way? Certainly, once the Superman news breaks, she'll be *the* reporter again. Everyone will want her, and her career will be back on track again. Will that be enough to keep her in our world? Will it be a difficult choice for her? Or will Clark even give her the choice?

Shayne, you've got me thinking and thinking! I keep on ruminating about your fic, and each post makes the story so much richer and deeper that it introduces another boatload of questions. You've made it real.

Please, please keep on with your well-told, wonderful story. I check the website almost every day to see if there's a new post. Face it - you've got me hooked! I only wish the posts were longer. But make them as long as they need to be.

#51905 05/08/08 05:31 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
AAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

hyper

~•~
#51906 05/09/08 07:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YAY! Finally he's going to wear the suit! I'm looking forward for Superman's debut! hyper

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#51907 05/09/08 08:15 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I kind of had a feeling that they were headed to Metropolis, IL and why, but the way you wrote it was much better than my imagination! I think the historical aspect was a great addition, as well as learning that Lois in fact owned it. I never would have guessed that part.

Given the talk about CNN, it occurred to me that - aside from in the obvious ways - Lois's life is going to be changed irrevocably as well. I mean, with the debut of Superman, there's enough 'coincidence' out there to tie her to him and the strange happenings surrounding Clark (and the plane, et al.). Clark was worried about a normal life if he didn't get back to his world, and Lois told him his wasn't normal to begin with, but hers won't be normal after this either.

I see no solution but her going to the alt-verse with him wink I'm kidding- I'm actually torn because it's apparent that the world Lois lives in could use a Superman too. There is no easy 'ever after' to this one, but I am excited to see where it goes!

~Sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
#51908 05/09/08 02:51 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice! thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#51909 05/10/08 02:11 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I really enjoyed this part. My parents took me to Metropolis when I was... 15 or so? I was afraid it wouldn't live up to my expectations, but it did, oh, how it did.

#51910 05/10/08 12:19 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The Superman in the comics made it look so easy. He was brave and strong and seemed to have an endless well of courage. He was an icon, an ideal for people to look up to.

There wasn’t any way Clark was ever going to be able to match that.
Clark is all too human.

Lois looked at him for a moment and said, “Clark Kent is a person. Superman is something else. He stands for something people want to believe in.”
Exactly!

Looking forward to the next update.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard