Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
You maintained a nice balance between sticking to the original plot and making it your own.

I doubt that Mad Dog Lane has allowed Clark to get away with a lie so easily. He should watch himself to make sure that she isn't following him. I doubt that she would give in so easily in her quest to find Superman.

Elisabeth

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
“Sorry!” Lois fumed. “Sorry for what? That you have a memory like a sieve? What kind of reporter can you be if you can’t even remember something like meeting a man who can fly just a day or two after it happens?”
The proper answer, Clark, is:

"Hey! Maybe I just don't want to say where I met him!"
Then he could let slip something about meeting Superman while passing a particular bathhouse while meeting a source and - well, Lois, you really don't want to know any more than that.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I don't think this is working. I just can not accept the visiting Superman's story. If he is Clark he knows how much confusion there was and would never cast himself in the role of a rival.

Also he is not helping Clark but feeding Clark's paranoia. Like trying to teach a child to ride a bicycle by knocking him down. Over and over. Cruel and harmful.

Yet from the bits about how Martha and Jonathan are different in his home Verse this visiting Superman must be Clark.

So what is his REAL motive? Is his Lois dead? Has Tempus messed with his mind?

Or is it like a card trick, the author has us all looking at the wrong card?

wildguy wildguy

Framework4
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks for all the feebback as always.

Elisabeth - Thank you for letting me know that this was original enough to be interesting. That is my major concern with this story - that I manage to write things that are interesting while not veering too far from the storylines.

Framework4 - I meant to post a note with the first chapter of this story warning everyone that this plotline may be a bit difficult to buy. I know it's not your typical LnC story.

I don't know that I can really answer your questions in a way that makes you believe the premise of the story, but overall there isn't some card trick being played here. Clark (our Clark) is here as Tempus told him it would help this Clark. He is not trying to cast himself in the role of Clark's rival - ideally, his being around should help Clark forge a relationship with Lois faster so he can go back home (or so Herb has made him believe - but of course, Herb is just guessing which means there is room for error).

Basically, my thought when I came up with the premise was that Clark came to help, but he's human (or close enough) and he's bound to make mistakes that mean this doesn't go as smoothly as Herb and he had hoped. But his motives are pure (even if his actions aren't 100% there).

And he's not trying to be cruel and hurtful to Clark. I'm not even sure when you are referring to. But overall, he is trying to navigate a tricky situation and is doing the best he can.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard