Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51674 04/30/08 05:50 AM
Kermtzu Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Very, very nice. I never saw Lois hitting Clark over the head with a rolling pin for any reason other than a botched revelation, though!

Two wrongs don't make a right. But three lefts do.
#51675 04/30/08 06:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was glad to find this here just now - I was looking for a quick little thing to read while I was having lunch. laugh

I love the way you describe everything. I'm reading this and I can see the scene so very well in my head. Not to mention there's a good degree of poetry in the way you paint the scene - it's just lovely. thumbsup

Lois Lane could bake chocolate chip cookies.
<snort!>

I should be able to do something as simple as make cookies. We’re not talking about French cuisine, you know. People do this every day!
Bake cookies? Everyday? ...she lives in her own little universe, doesn't she? LOL! In a lot of houses, people don't even cook dinner, it comes frozen in a box. (you know... like my house... *sigh*)

I can bake, and round up chickens, and, and… are you laughing at me?
hehehe! I can just *see* him, desperately trying not to laugh. Love it!!

And that right there was the number one problem with marriage. He wasn’t scared of her anymore.
rotflol That is entirely too amusing!!

He grinned and, reaching over her head, pulled a package of Chips Ahoy out of the cabinet next to the window.
Chips Ahoy? Gee, Clark - you're kinda cheap. You could have gone and bought some from some wonderful place, anywhere in the world...but you chose Chips Ahoy? (well, OK, OK, I like those too, but... never mind!)

They both looked at the piece of wood that had rolled off the counter and hit Clark in the head.
AH! See, *this* is what you get for buying Chips Ahoy, instead of the good stuff! ROFL!

This was so cute and so sweet - and funny. I loved it, Lisa!! ...more, please? laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#51676 04/30/08 11:43 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, that's just adorable!!!

&#8220;A dash of salt,&#8221; she muttered. &#8220;Silly cooking-type people have a whole different language!&#8221;
Don't they, indeed! What's a dash, after all? clap

Ann

#51677 04/30/08 04:28 PM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Oh, wow! Had totally forgotten the "paperweight" prompt! I do not in any way deserve this wonderful story, btw, but I'm delighted with it anyway! smile1

“Season to taste? What the heck does that mean? Whose taste?”
*giggles* You had me at hello! Because how many times have I thought this?!

Clark’s body pressed against hers and Lois took a second to savor the warmth and solid feel of him. The barn smell, not so much.
rotflol

And that right there was the number one problem with marriage. He wasn’t scared of her anymore.
I truly wish I'd written that line, but having it written for me is just as awesome! *hugs*

They both looked at the piece of wood that had rolled off the counter and hit Clark in the head. A long crack ran down one side.

She started laughing and he looked down at her with mock severity.

“Lois, you owe my mother a new rolling pin!”
I love it!! You know, my rolling pin broke recently, but it wasn't nearly as interesting a story. (Talk about the understatement of the year! *g*)

Thank you for such a charming vignette, my friend!!! sloppy

C.

#51678 04/30/08 04:32 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
This was way fun! You know I made cookies daily [well, it seemed like it] during my last pregnancy [this was before we found out I had gestational diabetes - I was literally jonesing for sweets - was the weirdest thing].

I love Lois' attempt to make cookies and Clark's reaction to Lois' attempt - as well as her attempt to look farm wifeish - I'm thinking it was probably more Daisy Duke than Martha Kent wink .

Wonderful!
Carol

#51679 04/30/08 08:25 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Cute! laugh

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#51680 05/01/08 05:14 AM
Columnist
Columnist
This was such a great story. I loved every bit of it. smile

#51681 05/02/08 04:16 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Thank you, everybody! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#51682 05/03/08 04:08 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
This was delightful and delicious. Personally, I've never found the kitchen floor to be that comfortable, but then again the linoleum might be different in Kansas. I enjoyed *reading* about it tremendously.

Elisabeth
who totally enjoys reading married-people fic

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard