Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have so little time to post FDK now, and I haven't given this chapter much thought, but... I'll have basically no time tomorrow, and I'll have no time early Friday morning, and then I'll have a lot of time on Friday evening and on Saturday and Sunday, when the boards will be down. And then I'll have no time on Monday, Tuesday and maybe Wednesday. So I'm posting now.

Well, I was so sorry to see Lois break up with Lex. Not. And I was so sorry to see Rebecca break up with Clark. Not. And it drove me crazy to see Cat still spying on Lois and Clark. Not not!!! And it drove me crazy to see Lois and Clark still being oblivious to being spied on, and it drove me crazy to see Cat still reporting to her 'Boss', even though Perry is very suspicious of her, and even though you hinted in a previous chapter that Cat was ready to confess the whole thing to her editor.

Ah well. There has been a thread in the Off Topic folder which discussed the question of how important friendship is a romantic relationship. Should lovers and spouses be friends, too? Should they be able to trust one another and come to each other for emotional support and advice when they are feeling down or when they are worried about something? Most people agreed that it is indeed important that spouses should be each other's good friends, maybe each other's best friends.

Well, Lois and Lex aren't each other's good friends, let alone best friends, because they aren't able to be honest with one another. (And let's hope Lois won't try to get Lex back by suddenly confessing the whole Ultra Woman thing to him.) And while Rebecca has, seemingly, been extremely honest with Clark, he certainly hasn't been equally honest with her.

Lois and Lex aren't right for each other because they aren't each other's good friends, and Clark and Rebecca aren't right for each other because they aren't each other's good friends. (And probably this Lex is a criminal after all, which makes him even less right for Lois.)

Ah, but Clark and Lois are each other's good friends. In fact, they are probably each other's best friends. That is why they are so right for one another.

Well, this was part 35 out of 41. There are six parts left. In the episodes, it was at about this stage of the story that the matter used to hit the fan. Let's see what is going to happen here.

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
Although I didn't really want Lois and Lex and Clark and Becca to be together, I was still surprised to see them break up so soon.

But now that leaves room for bigger and better things, right? wink

I guess if Clark isn't reasdy for a relationship with Becca because he's still dealing wih the loss of Lana, he probably isn't ready for a relationship with Lois either, huh?

Well, we'll find out soon enough, right?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay, the next part!

I've lost track of exactly how much time has passed in this story. It's been several months that Lois/Lex and Clark/Rebecca have been going out, right?

Lois has nightmares about gleefully killing people on the ship... Ultra Woman has been going a bit vigilante on criminals... uh-oh.

I had totally forgotten about Lex's distrust of Superman until you reminded us last time, but now I see that that's been brewing for a while. I'm not sure if I ever noticed the personality traits he's exhibiting in this part, though. (I now have an excuse to go back and reread the whole story when it's done!) So he doesn't want to put in the effort when the relationship isn't going swimmingly, huh? He's not as bad as the series Lex, wanting to control everything Lois does and not let her have a life away from him... but he wants her to be his happy perfect Lois when she's with him. I can accept that as a reason for the breakup.

But Clark makes me mad. If he's been going out with Rebecca as long as I think he has, he really has been leading her on. I hope she doesn't take too long to recover and can find someone nice who's willing to take her on. (Unless, of course, she's the evil criminal mastermind.)

I suspect that Cat is now in league with Perry to try to figure out who's on the other end of the phone. She's certainly acting differently towards the person --- more angry, less lost. Please let me be right?

Looking forward to the next one!

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I had mixed feelings on this part. Both breakups seemed so sudden. None of the effected parties saw it coming and neither did I. Part of me wistfully wished things could have ended better, not that there is a way for things to end well.

I halfway expected Clark to "call" Lois and was surprised when Rebecca did. Somehow I forgot about their friendship but remembered the psychic link.

I was confused by Cat's phonecall. I had assumed things would change now that Perry probably knew.

Elisabeth
who feels the need to contemplate this part for a long while

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard