Print Thread
#51428 04/21/08 04:54 AM
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh, Sonia. How incredibly sad.

Jory straightened and frowned at her. <Me bad?>

Lois’s eyes widened and she shot a glance at Martha in shared confusion. <No. Never.>

<Why you leave me?>

Steeling herself against the surge of emotion that accosted her, Lois made a fist and rubbed it in a circle over her chest. <Sorry. Very, very sorry.>
I feel my heart breaking for both Jory and Lois. A three-year old isn't old enough to understand why Lois, the first woman besides his grandmother to love him, isn't around anymore. Yes, Lois pushed Clark and maybe insinuated herself when she shouldn't, but the poor boy had no one. Clark is emotionally unavailable and Lois had enough compassion to give him what he needed and deserved - unconditional love.

I don't like this version of Clark at all. I don't care how hurt he's been in the past, he has no right to cause Jory additional pain just because he's unable and unwilling to love and accept him as a real person. Clark is so damaged because Lana hated him and treated him like a thing, but he's doing the same to Jory, an innocent toddler. Worse than being an alien foundling, Jory didn't even have the Kent's love at first.

“This is beneath you, Lois. It really is. I’m asking you nicely to leave my family alone.” With that, he walked away without sparing her a glance.
*#@$(*&*^! jerk. Lois makes herself vulnerable by declaring her love for him and he ridicules her. The subtext in his words is clear - she's pathetic for asking him to tell her straight out that he doesn't care for her and he doesn't even respect her enough to give a straight answer. I can't even express how disappointed I am with Clark, right now. mad

Sam caught the look that Ellen gave him and reciprocated it.

“Is something wrong?” Martha asked. Apparently she had seen the look as well.
Oh Martha. It seems as if Clark has lead his parents to believe that Lois has abandoned Jory and only now is Marth clued in that something is wrong. I can imagine how she'll feel when she realizes how Clark is treating Lois. Especially after it was she that asked Lois to look out for them both, I hope Martha confronts Clark and tans his hide like cheap leather. grumble

“There is *nothing* wrong loving someone. In fact, it is the most courageous and selfless thing you can do. It doesn’t detract from your character; it builds on it and extends it. Having the capacity to truly open yourself to another person’s soul shows strength and compassion, and you have amazed me with that capacity.”
/me sniffles. That was beautifully said. I love to see Lois get the support from her father that she always wanted on the show.
Clark saw Lois and her father enter the darkened ballroom from the door on the other side of the stage and felt an unexpected surge of relief. The presentation of the award for Investigative Journalism was next and he had feared having to accept it alone. If there was anything he didn’t like more than feeling vulnerable, it was being put on the spot.

…And then there was just the fact that the sight of her always brought with it a sense of calm.
Ack! cat You've *got* to be kidding me. He feels this way and still treats Lois like crap? She's better off without him.

Yes, we once were a team – or some semblance of one – but as much as my employer would like to sell the idea of our congruency and permanence, there is no team, no partnership.” She turned her head slightly so that her eyes met Clark’s while her mouth remained next to the microphone. “There is no us.”
thud OMG, Lois did *not* just do that in front of everyone. Wow, I figured the ... stuff would hit the fan, but had no idea she'd be the one to do it. Of course, after Clark's performance earlier, I'm not surprised that Lois lashed out, but ... wow.

I'd plea that you hurry back with the next part except that I'm almost afraid to find out what happens next. I keep thinking that things will get better, only to get more angst.

I guess I'm a little ... um, wrapped up in this story, yes?

BJ

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I do not like this Clark. I am now nursing the incredible desire to kick him somewhere sensitive with a kryptonite boot. You can pick the place wink

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, I'm so late with my FDK!

Great part as always! I wonder how much Martha and Jonathan know about what has happened between Clark and Lois. Will they support Lois, and will they defend her right to see Jory, if only for the boy's own sake?

I was so moved when Jory asked Lois if he had been bad. That was heartbreaking.

It was heartbreaking, too, when Lois confessed to Clark that she loved him and begged him to tell her if he loved her, too, only to be so cruelly rebuffed. Talk about being rebuffed about Jory, too.

I absolutely loved the scene between Lois and Sam, too. It was wonderful.

I hadn't really expected Lois to tell everybody at the Pulitzer ceremony that she and Clark weren't even partners, much less an 'us'. I hope she will change her mind about that and maybe regret her rash words. But Clark deserved it.

All right! You have already posted part 22, so I'm off to read!

Bravo for this story!!!

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Your previous readers assumed that Clark lied to Jory, but I believe that's an unfair assumption. It is entirely possible that Clark told him all the right things and Jory just didn't believe them. He needed to alleviate his childish worries.

I was confused as to why Lois would hide. Yes she put her heart out there and he stomped on it, but it still seemed an uncharacteristic response. She has always been one who fights. Even if she conceded the argument, I don't see her as a person who runs away.

I was also surprised that she didn't have a speech written. She might be impulsive, but she is also professional.

I thought Perry handled things well. I hope Lois decides, for everybody's sakes, to do better.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard