BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ack! grumble
BJ

Blogger
Blogger
This is my first time posting a reply. I love your story and can't wait for the next part. And now my comment: Can anybody tell me where I can get some kryptonite because I have never wanted to hurt him more than I do right now. mad How can he treat Lois like that after all that she has done for him and Jory. I really want to smack him right now. But other than wanting hurt Clark great story.

Shanabear504
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Forget the Kryptonite coating on a 2x4, just whack him with a 2x4 piece of Kryptonite, cut out his liver/kidney like Lana did and stick the rest of the chunk in there wink . Okay that might be a tad much, but only a tad.

Things did start out so well. I understand where Ellen is coming from. Clark should know better than to eavesdrop especially on a partial conversation.

/me sees a Pulitzer acceptance speech where no one says anything or the two winners beat the ever living snot out of each other

Maybe Lois should wear Kryptonite earrings to the shindig...

Carol [who wonders when part 20 is coming...]

Columnist
Columnist
Actually, I have to say that this time I'm feeling sorry for Clark.

Here he is, just feeling like he's finally getting control of his life when he accidently overhears a conversation. He finds out that he's a leech who's using Lois as crutch and that he's unable to sustain a lasting, meaningful relationship. I can't blame him for feeling a little taken aback. So he decides that he's not being fair to Lois and breaks off the relationship.

He may not be handling this in the best way, but I can totally understand why he's acting in this manner.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wowzers!!!! I have been defending Clark up till now, but this felt like a blow to the solar plexus!! I can't breathe!!!

Oh, wow. Well, Sonia, I'm this long, long, longtime 'Lois and Superman' fan who hangs around these boards because this is by far the best place to go if you want to read stories where Lois and Superman are getting together. And considering I started waiting for that to happen back in 1969, well...

At the same time, these message boards aren't absolutely ideal for me because the LnC show painted a different picture of Lois and Superman than the one I had come to see after years of reading the comics and watching the movies. In the movies, and particularly in the comics, Lois was hardly ever as over the top as Teri Hatcher's character was in the show, particularly during the first season. And Clark was rarely so honestly in love with Lois as Dean Cain's character was in the show. It is easy, if your impression of Lois and Clark has been formed by the show, to write stories where a poor wronged Saint Clark suffers various slights and sorrows because of Bitchy Lois. Personally I so rarely respond really well to such stories, because they simply have nothing to do with the problem that drove me up the wall during all those years when I waited for Lois and Superman to get together. And the problem that prevented their togetherness in the comics and the movies was, quite simply, that Superman/Clark was not sufficiently committed to Lois to want to really be together with her. He appreciated having her close, he appreciated her admiration and infatuation, but at the end of the day he didn't want to give himself to her. So he gave her just enough encouragement to make her stay hopeful and keep her close, so that she would keep paying her tributes ot him in the hope that one day they'd pay off. But they never did.

Well, in early 1990 the people who were writing the comics at the time suddenly had enough of Clark/Superman's cruel treatment of Lois and decided that enough was enough. Clark would shape up and make a serious commitment. So in late 1990 comic book Clark and Lois got engaged, and in 1993 ABC gave us the LnC show about Bitchy Lois and Saint Clark.

So my (lifetime) experience of Lois and Clark/Superman is that Clark/Superman will treat Lois rather badly for years, but in the end there is hope for him. He may shape up. I think he will shape up. I cling to the hope that he will shape up, just like Lois clung to that hope over and over again in the comics. Every time he was being nicer, sweeter, I felt, just like Lois, that now it was happening. Now he was coming around. Now he was finally ready to love her.

Well, my hopes were brutally dashed in the movie Superman II, and after I had seen that one, I no longer had any hope left that Superman would ever love Lois. So I stayed away from everything Superman-related for ten years, until I read in my newspaper that comic book Clark and Lois had become engaged.

My point is that it is just so much easier for me to get fascinated by a Lois and Clark story where Clark is the problem than by one where Lois is the problem. Bottom line, I just don't really, really believe that Lois wouldn't have enough love for a sustainable relationship with Clark. All right: yes, I am willing to believe that she would love Superman more than she would love Clark, but I am so much more ready to blame Clark for keeping his secret from her than I'm ready to blame Lois for preferring Superman over Clark. Admittedly, I don't like her slighting Clark because of Superman, and more than that, I really, really don't want her to be so utterly fooled by a pair of glasses. But, bottom line, to me it is Clark who is the problem and it is Clark who prevents Lois and Clark from getting together. And because of that, it has been easy for me to respond enthusiastically to your story, where it really is Clark who is the problem. (Not that that is the only good thing about your story: it is very, very well-written, too!)

But well, wow: I have never seen Clark be this much of a problem as he was in this chapter. Nothing in me recognizes this Clark. I'm absolutely not saying that it was wrong of you to show us this Clark. I'm just saying that I was flabbergasted and taken aback, and like the others, I'm so impatiently waiting for you to get back to this story and somehow fix it, fix Clark, even though I don't foresee you fixing him right away. Because this is the difference between your story and the movie that made me lose hope and faith in Superman. The movie allowed Clark to invade and rape Lois's mind to cover up the fact that he had had sex with her. Not only that, but the movie applauded him for taking care of his 'Lois problem' this way.

You are certainly not applauding your Clark for his behaviour in this chapter! There is no way you are going to let him get away with it, not in the long run. And I'm so impatient to see how everything will pan out! I think I know one thing, though: as badly as Lois suffers right now because of Clark, she isn't going to be able to forget Jory or forget how much he needs her and loves her.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry I haven't been posting feedback lately but am definitely reading it and enjoying it.

Lana was definitely the most chilling xenophobe.. I was relieved to see her... go.

Clark is taking the "me all alone" victim attitude a bit too far but like I said he's shown to eventually see the light. Only this time Lois too has reached her limits. Hmmm. Also his "I have no intention to fall in love" might be false. People only speak such things so harshly when they are trying to convince themselves too, like Lois did in the series smile1 thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

That will be my FDK because I can't write down in full what I really want to yell at stupid-idiotic-moron- ungrateful-spiteful-Clark!!!! GRRRRRR!!! [Linked Image] I hope his Pulitzer be carved in Kryptonite! [Linked Image]

I was almost willing to give him a chance and forgive him, but now... I want to send him a gift-wrapped load of kryptonite. Lois should have left him to be Lana's lab experiment. He deserved it and more. Jory would be better off without him. Lois saved his life and he doesn't give a damn. He has trampled on her heart and is making Jory suffer more and more. Damn him! [Linked Image]

I'm in a tantrum so I'll shut up before my rant be censored for outrage. [Linked Image]

Please, part 20! grovel

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I haven't read the other feedback, yet but I wanted to say that I was proud of Lois. "Fixing" Jory's hearing may or may not solve any problems. Because Jory is profoudly, uncorrectably deaf it may not apply to him as much, however it is never a surgery which should be taken lightly. For the degree of risk involved (surgeons are working very close to the brain), there is a low success rate. They take the ear which has the highest rate of hearing to boost their chances of success; however, if the operation is not a success the hearing is destroyed in that ear. On the other hand, Jory seems to be functioning quite well with a language that Clark won't even acknowledge. Compound that with the little detail that physicians are 1) not sure if it will grant hearing and 2) unsure if it will solve his pain or his seizures and it doesn't seem like such a hotshot idea after all. Bah! (Sorry if I let my bias show.)

I have to say that I'm not angry with Clark. His normal habit of dealing with painful or scary situations is to run away emotionally. Unfortunately it works for him. Of course, it works for him only; it hurts the people around him terribly. Still, it's hard to get angry with a person who is doing what has always worked well for them in the past.

I don't see this Clark as being in love with Lois. It's difficult to love someone without seeing past the end of yourself.

And this Lois *has* bullied her way into Clark's life. She says he's ungrateful but she has never done anything because he asked her to. She volunteers. If he should say no, she finds a way to get it done anyway. Part of the reason he survives so well as a jerk is because she gives him all the tools he needs to flourish as a jerk. She cleans up his messes like a co-dependant cleans up after an alcoholic.

Let me be straight that I don't think Lois would be doing too much for Clark if the situation were different. If there was a deep level of commitment (i.e. marriage) it wouldn't be inappropriate. If there was a shared level of responsibility it wouldn't be inappropriate.

Both Lois and Clark bear a level of responsibility for hurting Jory's heart. Both of the adults know that Lois is in a temporary position in Jory's life. Both of them know that she isn't Jory's mother. It's irresponsable of Lois to assume a role that isn't her own. It's irresponsable of Clark to delegate love and daily care. Lois needs to back off and let Clark take responsibility for his own actions. Clark needs to grow up. For Jory's sake, it needs to happen soon.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard