Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I really enjoyed this chapter, Terry. Can I just say how much I like Rachel Harris? She's so great - if Clark's going to have romance with anyone but Lois (and it's looking more and more like he won't), the why can't it be Rachel? She deserves it.

I'm glad to see that Lois isn't losing herself while dating Luthor, both in her way of standing up for her job and in remembering that there's a slight possibility that he's a criminal mastermind. It also looks like there's some inkling in her brain of seeing Clark in a romantical way, too. Yay!

BJ

Columnist
Columnist
Hmm... Lois and Lex get into a fight. Is it wrong to feel happy about that?

Great chapter, Terry. I really liked the adapted dialogue from Ultrawoman.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Liked how both the loving couples dance to their own songs. wink

So Lex might have the same degree of hostility as the series' portrayal of Mayson Drake... and could meet the same end as her (discovering the secret on deathbed) thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hey, I really liked not only AnKS' comparison between Mayson Drake's love for Clark and disapproval of Superman with Lex's love for Lois and disapproval of Ultra Woman, but... Terry, you know that I so rarely wish for a character's death. But, but... the idea of Lex meeting with the same fate as Mayson Drake... that would be some kind of poetic justice, no? wink

I found this mystifying and interesting:

As time had passed, he'd come to believe even more strongly than ever that Lois cared for him completely apart from his money and his influence and his social position. Not only did she not mind going out with him in his Alex Whitfield persona
His Alex Whitfield persona? Has Lex ever told Lois that he has an Alex Whitfield persona?

I think we need to know so much more about Lex's two personas and why he thinks he needs two of them. I have already been speculating that one of these personas may be evil, and I thought that it was the Alex Whitfield person who was the evil one. But if Lois likes to go out with him, wouldn't she pick up on his evilness at all?

I think that Alex Whitfield, to Lex himself, is the non-famous person, the one that Lois can go out with without feeling that she is dating the most eligible bachelor billionaire in town. Alex Whitfield, in other words, would be the more modest persona.

Hmmmm. I don't know. We have already seen hints that Alex Whitfield is involved in criminal activities.

I've been thinking of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, as you know, Terry. In the original novel (or novella) by Robert Louis Stevenson, Dr. Jekyll is a Victorian gentleman who suffers from his stiff upbringing. He can't make himself relax, and that's why he wants to find a way to let loose his inner desires. However, in the original novella, Dr. Jekyll actually wants to be evil, too. He wants to be Mr Hyde so that he can have fun and be evil. If Dr. Jekyll wants to be evil, and if he deliberately makes himself a drug which lets him lose his inhibitions so that he can act upon his evil desires, can we really say that Dr. jekyll himself is a good person? Can we really say that it is only Mr. Hyde who is evil? Isn't Dr. Jekyll evil as well?

Ah, but so far you have shown us nothing to suggest that Lex Luthor has intentionally created Alex Whitfield so that he can use this other persona to be evil. So either Alex Whitfield isn't truly evil, or... perish the thought. Lex could be more of a puppet than you've made us think so far, Terry? Maybe somebody controls Lex so much when he is being Alex Whitfield that Lex himself doesn't realize what Alex Whitfield is doing? Maybe someone is feeding Lex an infernal sort of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde drug, so that Lex knows that he has two personas, but he isn't aware of what his Alex Whitfield persona really is?

Or maybe Lex's own deep, dark desires take over when he is being Alex Whitfield, again so that the Lex part of him doesn't realize what is going on? eek

Wow. The mind boggles, Terry. Anyway, we still don't know who the mysterious 'boss' is in this story.

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm still working on this part, but I wanted to leave feedback while the part I've already read was still fresh in my mind.

“Am I being interrogated here? What’s the charge, Sheriff?”
I thought this was cute. Too bad Rachel didn't like it.

The faint mental vibes he was barely sensing through the link reminded him of a frightened deer, alert to any threat and ready to flee at the slightest provocation.
You always mix a little poetry in with the prose.

“What’s not fair, Lois?”

“You’re using my own words against me. You know what a great writer I am.”
All is fair in love and war. Besides, this was a cute comment.

“Because everything won’t be okay. It will get better. You’ll learn to deal with the losses and you’ll come to understand that nobody wins them all. You’ll learn how to hide your feelings in public and just do the job and then go off somewhere and cry it out and then come back to risk your heart all over again.” He took a deep breath and held it for a moment before he let it out. “But you’ll never get to the place where the losses don’t hurt. You’ll never be satisfied when things don’t end up perfect. And you’ll never learn not to care.”
Nothing beats honesty.

I'll be back with more later.

Elisabeth

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
He’d given up an entire weekend to be with her! Why couldn’t she step away from her job to be with him?
I'm not one who normally roots for Team Lex, but I have to admit that he has made some excellent points here. He did sacrifice to be with her; she promised him the same. He's also right that she isn't a gold-digging, name dropping and/or power hungry. To a man in his position, I can understand why he finds that very attractive. He has had to fight to be with her, yet here she is treating him callously.

In light of that, he is gracious to her, taking her out for dinner and dancing when he could be writing her off as the cold-hearted person she acts like.

Her thoughts of marriage caught me off-guard. I hadn't realized how quickly things were getting serious.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard