Next Thread
Print Thread
#51180 04/12/08 01:24 PM
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
So much to like about this part. Lois is slowly unraveling her life. It's interesting to note that the house is so much a part of her, as well as being a combination of both her and Clark. Yet she still has no memories of it.

It's also very interesting to watch Clark try to figure out what is going on with himself. If he has no powers how exactly did he get to Antarctica? And why isn't he cold? Both good questions. He seems to have not considered the obvious answers.

The phone conversation was so frustrating. Lois doesn't remember being in love with Clark, so you can't expect her to be lovey-dovey with him. Still she isn't cutting him any slack, either. I don't think she realizes how deeply he has been in mourning.

I'm a big fan of Martha, so I enjoyed how Lois ran to her after her "first" big fight with her husband, even though she doesn't really remember either Martha or Clark very well.

I'm looking forward to part eight.

Elisabeth

#51181 04/12/08 02:13 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I seriously hope that Lois hasn't stumbled across any of those tabloid articles. Although her reaction might be interesting.

#51182 04/12/08 02:19 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I totally loved Lois calling Martha despondent she hung up on Clark.

So now both of them know that Lois isn't the only one with memory problems thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#51183 04/12/08 10:30 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Brucie, this is getting better with each part. And now we even know why Lois has a Mad Dog Lane side. It is for self preservation. For, if she never got angry, she would drown in the dirt accumulating in her flat.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#51184 04/13/08 05:38 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay!!! Another part!! smile1

She paused at the mirror as she put the window cleaner on the counter. Her hair, which she had once kept at a short bob, was even shorter than she remembered. When she had first seen the new length, and how it seemed to fit her, it had been the first clue that she was outside her own time. Now, she barely noticed it, but sometimes, like now, it was a reminder that she was not the woman that she used to be.
I smiled with this part, I hope Tank feels a little more content reading that Lois realized the difference in her hairdo and that she doesn't seem to dislike it goofy

I'm glad the line Clark used to call Lois is secure, because that conversation had too much revelations that shouldn't be heard by any stranger.

I also liked that Lois called Martha for help, both Lois and Clark sure need some emotional support.

Hope Imbroglio 8 is posted soon wink

Carolyn smile

PS: There's a little typo I think...
..and tapped a pen against a blank sheet, and tapped a pen against a blank sheet, trying to figure out...

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
#51185 04/13/08 06:16 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm sorry I didn't comment on this sooner - I somehow missed it!

Lois was furious.

After Superman, or Clark, or whoever the heck he was, had left, she had not been able to go back to sleep. Instead, she had done what had gotten her through many times when she was upset.

Now that the kitchen grout was spotless and most of the dust around the house had been eradicated, she was still angry.

Actually, truth be told, she had managed to calm down some after she had finished wiping away the last bits of dust from the living room. Then, as she was moving a chair back into place, she had bumped her elbow quite hard near the edge of a wall. Without warning, a part of the wall had spun, knocking over several bottles of cleaning agents to the floor, to reveal a secret compartment full of flashy blue suits and red capes. It was then that her anger had returned.
Wowzers! Talk about accidentally discovering Clark's secret!

Antarctica should be colder than this.

These were Clark’s thoughts as he trudged through the ice and snow in nothing but the black suit he hadn’t worn since his time with the people from New Krypton. The thin material of the outfit should not have been able to hold back the bitter climate of the desolate continent.

Obviously, he wasn’t as powerless as he had originally assumed. He wondered how this could have been, or why he had not noticed before now.

Unfortunately, he found himself unable to fly. There were no blasts of laser vision to melt snow, no freezing breath to turn the patch of snow into a thing sheet of ice.
Unfortunately, Clark himself hasn't discovered it yet! The cold of Antarctica doesn't hurt him, but he still can't fly (he thinks)!

He wondered how it was that he had gotten here, and in this particular suit, no less. Was he experiencing some form of sleep-flying? It would explain Lois’ claims that he had not been in bed the other night.
But he is beginning to realize that maybe he can fly when he's asleep.

“Well, after you fell asleep, you decided to fly around, moonlighting as a superhero. You know, that would have been a very nice conversation to have beforehand, you know? ‘Hi honey, I’m your husband. And oh, by the way, I’m also Superman!’ Didn’t you think that it was even slightly relevant to let me know that the man I apparently married is actually an alien?”

He winced at the last part. He tried not to take the defensive, but the word seemed to trigger some latent feelings of inadequacy. “Look, I’m sorry it never came up over coffee that I’m from another planet, but it’s not really something that I slip into normal everyday conversations! Not to mention, I'm not him anymore!”

“Oh, Clark,” she sighed into the receiver, sounding contrite. “I didn’t mean it like that. It’s just a lot to take in, and then I found out that you are that crazy guy from the alley, and then there are all these newspaper clippings, and I got to wondering just how in the world I would have been able to survive if Superman hadn’t come swooping in every ten seconds…”

As she continued to ramble, Clark closed his eyes to soak it all in. He had missed this quality of hers, the way she got when she allowed her mouth to run away from her. Although annoying at times, it was a quality that was quintessentially her.
I love that he loves her ranting and babbling!

“So then what you’re saying is that you have no memory, whatsoever, of swooping in here like some caped crusader and scaring the crap out of me? Or being all Mr. Mopey and saying things about how you can’t be Superman anymore, or Clark. Or my personal favorite, how you thought you killed me? That's also something that would have been nice to know!”

Clark’s heart stopped in his chest. He had never wanted her to find out. He could still clearly see his hands around her throat every time he closed his eyes. The glassy look in her eyes still haunted his dreams when he had them. He hadn’t even wanted to think about it, let alone confess it to her. And how he could have even told her about it, when he had so carefully tried to keep it locked away, was beyond him.

“And then! As if that little bombshell wasn’t bad enough, you just fly off to where ever it is that you fly off too, with no explanation as to how, or why, not even bothering to stick around!” Lois huffed angrily. “So now, not only have I married Mr. Superhero of the World, you’re now telling me that you’re entangled in some twisted version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?”
More well-written angry Lois-babbling! But at least Clark knows what he has been up to - well, sort of, except that he doesn't know what happened when he seemed to strangle Lois.

And I'm very glad that Lois called Martha for help!

Looking forward to part eight!

Ann

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard