Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51102 04/09/08 07:39 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wow! That answers that. Has Clark tried looking for Lana in Arkham? That'd be my first stop. The whole thing is seriously creepy.

At least Jory is happy and content with Lois in his life. I love reading her interactions with him. Hopefully they can figure out some sort of cure/gene therapy/whatever to save him.

Another great part. smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The clone was starting to get obvious. But Lana k-ing Clark, and then cutting into him shock

Did Clark look in Luthor's bedroom?

And I'm thinking Lana did the dying thing on purpose. What better way to hurt someone back for killing the one you loved than by giving them someone to love, too, and then having him die, slowly and painfully?

but the LnC stuff was just the best smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Ah ha! More is revealed. I still want to know why Lana cloned Clark in the first place. Was it just scientific curiosity or is it something else?

Anyway, this confirms my suspicions as to why Clark doesn't take Jory to a doctor. It's doubtful he/she could do anything for Jory, and there's the danger that something even worse could happen.

I just wanted to mention how much I like Jory. His character seems really genuine to me.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Very interesting. Glad to see Clark making progress.

So what Clark needs to do at this point is take his clone son in his arms and fly high up exposing him to lots of sunlight?

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! Part of the mystery is solved and Lana is even more loony (and chilling) than she usually is /me shudders.

Good for Clark to ask Lois to baby-sit Jory. He's opening up smile The big question is that Lois wants to help but will Clark accept her help or will he (lunkhead that he is) want to 'save' Jory alone?

thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Another great chapter, looking forward to more!

Lisa, who expended all her typing energy in the 'does anyone know you're a FoLC' thread but really does like this story.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm glad Clark finally trusts Lois with the truth. She and Jory are so cute together. I wonder if Jory's attacks are him starting to hear things for the first time.

"We've been sitting here all night and the longest conversation you've had with a woman was when your mom called."
Leonard to Howard: The Big Bang Theory
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I wonder what Clark meant when he said he was going to "fix" Jory. Was he trying to save his life? Keep him from pain? "Fix" his deafness?

(Sorry. That touched a nerve. Too many hearing people have been trying to fix deafness for years. Those that are culturally Deaf don't want to be fixed and would be irate at the thought. In honor of Terry, I'll give Clark the benefit of the doubt.)

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Finally we (and Lois) get answers. Really Jory is a clone, hence the aging problem. frown

So, I don't need to feel guilty about hating Lana. help

Clark should look for another competent professional. Sam, maybe? Or Dr. Klein? He shouldn't waste time looking for that witch. She'll be of no help. razz

I wonder what Clark meant when he said he was going to "fix" Jory. Was he trying to save his life? Keep him from pain? "Fix" his deafness?
Elisabeth, I believe when Clark told he wanted "to fix Jory" he was referring to the aging process that is killing him. If he knew Jory wasn't going to die, he could allow himself to love him (I find this 'logic' absurd, but I believe it was his idea). :rolleyes:

Looking forward for next part! hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Elisabeth:

(Sorry. That touched a nerve. Too many hearing people have been trying to fix deafness for years. Those that are culturally Deaf don't want to be fixed and would be irate at the thought. In honor of Terry, I'll give Clark the benefit of the doubt.)

Elisabeth
I completely understand this position and hope that throughout this story I don't minimize the richness of Deaf Culture. I'm aware that some hearing parents miss the boat in that area so i think the point is valid.

Thanks for reading!

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Another great part. Well, I had begun to guess that Jory was a clone, and indeed, it was Lana who had made him. Was it Beth who pointed out that Lany may have done this to Clark so that he would have someone to love, and then be forced to watch this beloved person die? (No, it was Michael.)

(And imagine how Lana tortured Clark and left him to die... that's so unbelievably cruel.)

And since Jory is a clone of Clark, maybe Lana should would even think that it was okay to torture the boy, since the clone is Clark and Clark deserves to be tortured?

Wow. Imagine the sick logic. We have seen many awful versions of Lana in LnC stories, but this Lana must be one of the worst.

Jory is a wonderful creation. We don't see many stories where newly introduced characters come alive in the fantastic way that Jory does.

I don't have time for more FDK, but I absolutely love this story!

Ann

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard