Print Thread
#51048 04/06/08 05:50 PM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have only a little time, so this is going to be short.

It is great to have you back with this, Kevin!

Your fic is quite possibly the darkest, most horrifying LnC fic I have ever read. And yet it is not without hope. Your portrait of Lois here is absolutely incredible. I like to think of Lois as a heroine, rather more of a heroine than she was seen to be in the show, but I don't think I've ever seen her more heroic than she was here. I won't quote anything of how she, completely unarmed, took out all those armed men all on her own. This, however, was amazing:

Henderson squeezed her shoulder gently. "It's okay, Lois. We followed the chalk marks you left along the walls. We've rescued those... that could be rescued."
Wow. Oh wow. Lois is like a fairy tale warrior princess here, fighting for light and hope in a world terrorized by utter darkness. Well, not utter darkness. Not when there are people like Lois and Henderson around. Not when they can still save people.

But I so hope that Clark will join Lois and Henderson soon in their fight for more than truth and justice!

Ann

#51049 04/06/08 06:02 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very powerful!!!

I too hope Clark is headed north-east from California. Did Lex and his bunker survive, or that doesn't matter anymore in this hellish world?

Despite the subject matter, this is terrific writing.

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#51050 04/06/08 06:17 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Let's see. Angst. Kickass Lois. Metaphoric and literal darkness.

My type of fic! laugh

*Sits down with popcorn*

I really liked this instalment. I thought demonstrates how tough Lois is and the responsibility that lies on her and those like her and Henderson now. It also shows us what people Supes is going to have to go against. After all, the guy they eliminated is not the big boss, which rather creeps me out (there's someone WORSE? shock ).

I'm left wondering how things will get back to normal. I can't help thinking about what you wrote about a hero being just a man. What measures can even (a) Superman take against so much chaos? I suppose the symbol is a first step, but that can't be all. I hope we get to find out. smile

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#51051 04/07/08 06:43 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, Kermtzu. I didn't really expected the meat production until after the holding room. Ok, I might has thought no, he wouldn't go there when meat was mentioned, but to expect it, no. *shivers* That so reminded me of 'The Timemachine'. And in this fic, I truly was worried for Lois not getting out with everything intact. This is just such a gloves off approach *shivers*.

More please?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#51052 04/07/08 12:21 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
This is a powerful and intense instalment. It is also well drawn. You were able to create a mood that fit your distopian scenario.

If most of the other large cities on the east coast have devolved as much as Metropolis, Clark's adventures out west are going to seem like a picnic in comparison.

It's dark, but it's interesting. Looking forward to seeing more of this crippled world revealed.

Tank (who never doubted that Lois would be able to handle a few dozen thugs)

#51053 04/11/08 08:35 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry for taking so long to post feedback - my time on the mbs has been spotty since I lost my harddrive.

I read part 2 a few days ago and thought it was great! I agree with the previous comments about how well you painted a post-apocalyptic world and we've seen two examples of how bad humanity can be in the face of hardship.

However, I love your Lois. She's incredibly brave and competent and I'm so glad that she's partnered with Henderson bringing in the bad guys. It's obvious that the good guys are showing us how good humanity can be in the face of hardship through their example. It'd be interesting to see their base-camp, whether a strong leader can establish more order in a *good* way, rather than just following bad people like Burke.

Well done - it really was well written. I can't wait for the next part. I hope we get to see the meeting between Clark and Lois. It should prove to be good fun.

BJ

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard