C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Wow.

I'm not even sure what else to say.

So there's another Vatman running around it sounds like.

And Lois knows the secret[s].

And Clark must knows either A. He still has powers or B. something extra weird is going on.

Dissociative [or whatever] disorder makes so much sense here, given what he's been through. It's interesting that 'Kal' remembers/feels things that Clark doesn't [that he can't be around Lois, etc.].

I can't wait for more!!!
Carol

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
This is getting really crazy, and quite confusing. I love it. A powerful instalment leading the gentle reader to a fist full of questions that will only lead to more questions.

Still, a part of me (guess which one wink ), wonders why Lois didn't have some comment about her hair when she woke up in the hospital. After all it was the short-haired married Lois who was kidnapped, but she comes out of her unconsciousness thinking she's back in the days when Clark first shows up at the Planet.

Minor point I know, but since I've appointed myself the Lois' hair continuity cop I thought I'd mention it.

The story is very interesting and I look forward to seeing more soon.

Tank (who is amused by this Lois' constant denial of those feelings for Clark that keep coming to the surface even though she knows that they must have had some sort of relationship since they are married)

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, wow! Another fantastic part!

I, too, am relieved that it wasn't Clark (or his dark alter ego) who had been killing those criminals in Metropolis. But then, of course, you have to wonder who the real murderer is. (Dr. Heller? No, he is dead, right? But what about that woman in prison who we saw in the previous chapter - does she have anything to do with this? Of course she does...)

And tell me, did I get this right - were there two Lois Lane clones or fakes who had been pronounced dead? Or was there one such clone or plastic surgery miracle who was dead, and another one who was still on the loose?

And which one had Clark killed? No, correction, he hadn't killed anyone. But who had arranged a situation where Clark would wake up with his hands around the throat of a dead Lois clone?

I'm glad that Lois has figured out Clark's secret, or a part of it, anyway. And hey, Clark? Don't go running away as soon as the going gets tough! I agree with Lois: Come back here!!!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Powerful chapter and very interesting, especially Clark's alterego.

Now that Lois knows...what will she do?

When are you posting the next installment????

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Ann - I read it that this is Arianna Carlin's double. Officially, she was declared dead after the car accident by Dr. Heller and then given reconstructive surgery and fake papers. We never find out what happens to her in the series. She and Arianna get arrested and that's the last we see of them. Presumably, they're in prison somewhere. Anyway, I read it that the double was the one who was found dead with Clark. As to why he had his hands around her neck... was she taunting him that she'd killed Lois? Or any number of other things, but I still don't buy that he actually killed her. And Clark doesn't actually remember what happened.

So how exactly is Clark going to get back from the snow covered wasteland? Wait till he falls asleep?

Carol

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Boy.

Two seriously damaged people, trapped by an attraction that won't let either of them alone. Lois has lost five years of her life and she blames Superman. Clark has lost a part of himself and he blames that other part of him for it, and that guy's flying around stopping crooks (but not killing them). Someone else is doing that; very possibly a clone. But then the question must be asked: Who made the clone? Who is controlling him/her/it? Are Henderson's late night deductions about Lois and Dr. Heller correct? Will he be able to put it all together, and will it be in time to keep Lois and Clark from going completely bonkers in the meantime?

Like Tank said, we have some answers, but they've only led us to a fistful of more questions. We know that Clark isn't a multiple murderer. We know he didn't actually kill Lois. We know that this is the real Lois Lane.

But who is doing the killing? Who was the woman he believes he killed? Why was Lois kidnapped, and is she still in danger?

Very nice chapter. Keep them coming!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Columnist
Columnist
jawdrop

Yeah, that's kind of all I can say at this point. Very curious to se where you're going to take this.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting. So, is Clark now going to freeze to death on the North Pole?

And what about the other guy?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Still confused. Still reading. Wanting more.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Speachless

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I am one of those people who tends not to read stories in progress, because I'm too impatient to wait for the next part (Which could also be why the TV-on-DVD industry has made so much money off of me).

However, since I'm stuck in bed with the flu, I'm breaking my rules. I must say, this story is fantastic. I can't wait for more!

Top Banana
Top Banana
oops... I though I posted feedback on this...

anyways love it, hope Clark knows what to do in the icy wilderness... he just needs to survive till nighttime when Kal El wakes up, right? thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bombastic revelations! eek How are they going to cope with this discoveries? I'm on the edge of my seat. This story is thrilling! There're still so many mysteries... We need answers! Come back, please! grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard