I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wendy!

Get in here, ASAP. mad

Why are you doing this to me. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
AHHHH Wendy I can't take the suspense anymore! Poor Lois! SUPERMAN! HELP HELP HELP<G>Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
A
Blogger
Blogger
A
Being really stupid I created a new topic and didn't post here. I didn't spot the abbreviation. frown

(Feel free to delete the other topic anyone)

Two awful cliff hangers in a row.
An amazing achievement. thumbsup

Angus

--
Angus W Hardie
Columnist
Columnist
Wow!

Too bad Clark is out of (super) ear-shot. (Sorry, I channeled Tank for a moment there....)

Great installment. I love how Lois makes the decision that she has to alert Clark to the problem rather than waiting for him to magically rescue her.

Looking forward to more,
Irene
who is feeling distinctly guilty for not having left feed-back in a long time....

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WTG, Lois!

I'd want to smack Clark for cluelessness, but he really hasn't got any idea anything could be wrong, so I guess I'll cut him some slack...

So... will Luthor be overpowered and arrested again, or will he be accidentally killed? Enquiring minds want to know wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y'know, Lex, I'm starting to think that I underestimated you. You seem so in control, even when annoyed by tiny little reporter who just got lucky and figured out some of your tricks (but she doesn't know the extent of your power, Lexie-dear). Admirable, isn't it? laugh And so now you're going to get us rid of Lois Lane... so that your faithful friend Kaethel can spend the rest of her life with the gorgeous, sweet, wonderfully vulnerable Clark Kent! hyper

Oooooh, I love you, Lex!! evil (grinning, ducking and running FAST! peep )

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! An excellent part! thumbsup

I'm so glad that Lois realizes that she needs to remain calm. I love how she calls Superman. clap

I can't wait to see what happens.
Please post the next part ASAP! wildguy

Tricia cool

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
People, people, people, get a grip.

You don't honestly think that any of those bullets might actually reach Lois do you? Wendy is definitely evil, but she's not that evil. She just doesn't have it in her.

We all know that those faithful words have been spoken... "HELP SUPERMAN" so help is on the way. It will just take Clark a couple of extra seconds to realize what it is since it will be his first time hearing the soon to be familiar phrase from the lips of Lois Lane.

Just take the cliffhangers for what they are and resign yourselves to the inevitable happy, sloppy, sappy, waffy ending.

Tank (who is confident that the 'wham torch' will be in good hands with Saskia after he is gone)

Blogger
Blogger
I'm new here but i read this story since the beginning. I love it, like everything you write. You're a super writer. thumbsup
But you have to fix everything. First, Superman has to save Lois, then Lex must return in jail. And finally, give an happy ending to Lois & Clark because i love happy ending.
More soon, please. wink
Mango

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, Mango, welcome to the boards smile

But you think Wendy will give us a happy ending? The woman is evil. Why, there was that story where she had Clark die saving the planet... whoops, he came back to life in that one. Or what about the one where the INS deported Superman? Well, okay, he wasn't actually deported, but it was touch & go there for a while! And the epitome of evil -- she made Clark sacrifice Lois's life! eek Although I seem to remember that Lois pulled through in that one...

Hey, now that I think about it, Wendy does have a tendency toward happy endings smile Maybe she's not so evil after all wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
To Kaethel,

And so now you're going to get us rid of Lois Lane... so that your faithful friend Kaethel can spend the rest of her life with the gorgeous, sweet, wonderfully vulnerable Clark Kent!
What makes you think Wendy will do the convenient thing and get rid of Lois for you? I'll bet she has some designs on him herself, so if she does get rid of Lois, it'll obviously be in a way that will allow herself to comfort the grieving Clark. Maybe she can only make Clark think Lois is dead and vice versa, so us guys who have some designs ourselves on our favorite (note the American spelling smile ) heroine might have a chance too. evil

To Wendy:

What happened to the Swiss Alps?

And now for actual commentary: smile

Freedom.

Acceptance.
This has been what Clark always wanted. And to make a difference. It's nice to see him indulge himself, but how he could go flying around when there's Lois eager for smoochies I'll never understand.

Oh, Clark, why couldn’t you have come in? Even for just one minute?
Like I said in my previous commentary. Lunkhead! Of course for an entirely different reason.

Clark. Her secret weapon. Luthor didn’t know anything about Superman, did he? All she had to do was call him.

But if she called him now, she’d be dead before she’d even got Superman’s name out.
At this point, she hasn't figured out that Luthor would have absolutely no idea what she's doing if she did call for help by calling for Superman.

“Maybe I am, Luthor,” Lois replied, the words coming in gasps due to the pressure on her rib-cage. “But if I am, doesn’t the fact that I’m the one who brought you down make you look even worse?”
I like this section. I like it when Luthor gets his comeuppance and knows he's been beaten. It's even better when he thinks he's been beaten by an inferior. Hmm. Luthor thinks everybody's an inferior so this is probably redundant. Guess here, Luthor doesn't think Lois has the ability to transcend the mundane.

“I was released on bail.”
Got me fooled on this one. I thought Luthor would have to escape. Instead it was even simpler. Bribe a judge, get out of jail free. Brilliant move since nobody would be looking for him until the body of our intrepid reporter was found.

"What was it? Kent prove himself to be Mr Universe or something and break the chains with his bare hands?” he scoffed. “I doubt it somehow. I could almost see you doing it, though - don’t they call you Mad Dog Lane?” he added scornfully.
evil Wendy cliffhanger. Sigh. Now where's the conclusion? We want it now.

Nice job Wendy! notworthy

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Aaarrrrgh!

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy -- how could you...... a whole installment, and we are exactly where we were when we started!!! You are truly evil!!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy -- how could you...... a whole installment, and we are exactly where we were when we started!!!
Oh yeah, Wendy's done this sort of thing before. I wonder if it's something that an author has to practice, or if it's just a natural gift? wink

Well, Wendy, add my echo to the others that it's a wonderful cliffhanger. But since it's the penultimate section, I'm not too worried, because no matter how much angst you put L&C through, as Pam said earlier, somehow you always manage to put everything right at the end. And Tank's not all excited, so unless you're going to post a very evil TE and make us all miserable, I assume that Clark is going to have heard Lois' call and twig in that she is indeed calling for him and hightail it over to her place just in the nick of time. And then I assume that we'll have at least a couple of lovely smoochies to round everything out and all will end beautifully... smile

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wohoo! Another cliffhanger! laugh

The disguise had worked, of course - worked extremely well. Far better than his wildest expectations. He’d been welcomed. His skills had been appreciated - in fact, demanded. He’d been accepted.

Acceptance.
Again, you show us that you're able to put Clark's emotions into words, provoking those same emotions into the reader, waking thoughts and gives us an understanding of the character. It's as if Clark's been holding his breath ever since the costume was made, even if he was unaware of it, and is now finally able to relax, take a deep and well-deserved breath, inhaling his happiness and never to let go of it.

Freedom. Acceptance. Lois. What more can a superhero ask for? smile

“You do disappoint me, Ms Lane,” Luthor drawled from behind her, his knee pressing even more painfully into her lumbar region. “No tears? No pleas for mercy? But then, I shouldn’t have expected that from the intrepid Lois Lane. I did expect some spunk, though. You know - empty threats and so forth.” He laughed. “But then, you’re just some pathetic little reporter, after all. Once you don’t have the upper hand, you’re nothing. I can barely understand why I bothered.”
Lex, Lex, Lex...what, do I have to drag you into some closet and *knock* some sense into you?? If you'd only looked deeper, gave it a little more time, you'd see that this woman is the love of your life! So, do me a favour, will you? Just give her a quick knock-out in the head - or, I'd rather prefer you'd be 'nice' to her and instead use a cloth full of sweet-smelling liquid to put her to sleep, but I guess it would be too much to hope for that you'd have it stashed somewhere in your backpocket..? - and then, take her to the Alps, call Dr. Mamba or maybe Asabi, I don't care, so you can fix that memory of hers. Make her forget who you really are, let yourself fall in love with her, and everybody's happy.

Then Kaethel and I can argue over who gets to have Clark! laugh (Although I'm sure a certain LabRat will try to get things back to normal..<g>)

Clark, I love you... Please, help me!
Are you sure, Lois? You won't even keep an open mind and try to let Lex into your heart..? No? Argh, fine, fine, fine! I believe you... Okay, you can have Clark and be happy together... Now, if *that* isn't the ideal Folc, I don't know who is. wink

So, Wendy, just to make me look nice, can you get back here and get things back to the way they should be..? <bg>

As always, terrific part! smile1

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for all your responses to this part - even if some of you were yelling at me. wink What is rather interesting is that a number of you weren't yelling - or, at least, were yelling to persuade me to let Lex shoot. goofy Well, as some of you saw, I did just that. <g>

Roger asks:
What happened to the Swiss Alps?
Still there, last I heard... in Switzerland. You know, right in the middle of that blob called Europe? East of France, north of Italy, not far from Austria and Germany... wink

Thanks very much to those who commented on Clark's feelings as he was flying. Pel said:
Again, you show us that you're able to put Clark's emotions into words, provoking those same emotions into the reader, waking thoughts and gives us an understanding of the character. It's as if Clark's been holding his breath ever since the costume was made, even if he was unaware of it, and is now finally able to relax, take a deep and well-deserved breath, inhaling his happiness and never to let go of it.
blush Thank you!! And to Roger too, who also liked that section.

And as for Luthor... I do like writing a vengeful Luthor.

As to whether or not things will all turn out right for our valiant heroes:

But you think Wendy will give us a happy ending? The woman is evil. Why, there was that story where she had Clark die saving the planet... whoops, he came back to life in that one. Or what about the one where the INS deported Superman? Well, okay, he wasn't actually deported, but it was touch & go there for a while! And the epitome of evil -- she made Clark sacrifice Lois's life! Although I seem to remember that Lois pulled through in that one...
evil I suppose that doesn't really count either, since I wrote another one saving them both...

And at least I've never transferred Lois permanently into a different body and given her blonde hair! wink

Thanks to all of you: Saskia, Maria, Laura, Angus, Irene, Pam, Kaethel, Tricia, Tank, Mango (welcome!!), Roger, Nan, Kathy and Pelican. Your comments are very much appreciated, as always.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy: even if I'm not really sure you are still around the boards I want to write a small FDK.

This is the second time I read this story and I have to said that it's wonderful! Personally I believe Lois have enough intelligence to put 2 and 2 together and discover superman's true ID.

Thank for share this story!!!

Last edited by chelo; 06/30/14 11:32 AM. Reason: typo

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard