sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Does that clear up any of those lingering mysteries? wink
BTW- new posting schedule is M/W/F.
~Sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
#50828 03/31/08 08:35 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Umm.... no?

Okay - except that Wells didn't go into much detail about Superman - or rather Clark Kent. That's good.

I still want to know more about Jory. Lots more.
Carol

#50829 03/31/08 09:01 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I was away for over a week and there were too many stories to r&r when I got back, so I just didn't. But now I'm coming out of FDK hiding to tell you how much I'm enjoying your fic. thumbsup

Looking forward to more.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#50830 03/31/08 11:30 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I've been enjoying this story as it has progressed so far. I really have liked your Lois and even though Clark is kind of a weinie, he still has some potential.

My only real problem is the inclusion of a kid. I can't see how it can add anything positive to the story. Of course, I hate children so that might have some bearing on my opinion.

Still, I hope that Jory is only a minor irritation in this story and it can really be about Lois and Clark and Superman. That would be my preference.

Tank (who can't see this Lois getting maternal in any way)

#50831 03/31/08 01:47 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm still reeling after the amazing part eight of this fic. Well, part nine was no sloucher, either.

Lois, flanked on both sides by Perry and Jimmy, frowned in confusion at the numerous voices fighting for her comprehension. Then, she saw what all the fuss was about.

“…bird!”

“…plane!”

*Something* that looked to be dressed in a blue outfit embellished with a red cape was plastered to the nose of the speeding space shuttle that was descending upon Metropolis. Every jaw in the room dropped at the same time – the moment the shuttle froze in mid-air, and the blue and red object proved to be a man.

“Holy shit.” Lois clapped a hand over her mouth – she *had* to stop reacting like that.
Hah! I love it! You put that old "It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Superman!" thing to good use!

"What does the S mean?'

"Superman!'

Lois couldn't help but smile as she read the last one. That had been her idea – and it had stuck. But other than speculation, none of the news hounds had anything to report – Lois included.
No, Lois hadn't reported what she knows, because although she is an ambitious reporter, she knows that winning a Pulitzer isn't worth selling her soul for.

“Lane!”

The sound of Perry's voice nearly made her fall over in the chair she was tilted back in. Jimmy's eyes widened and he took off in the opposite direction.

“Chicken,” Lois muttered, righting her chair and making the short walk to her editor's office.

“You bellowed?”
thumbsup )

Clark looked at her searchingly. “Is this on the record?”

Lois crossed her arms and leaned back against the couch. “You tell me,” she answered sarcastically. She figured he would know by now that she wasn't going to out him.

He sighed and looked at his hands. “You were right. I needed to stop running.” He lifted his gaze to hers again. “I read the book.”

Lois's expression gave nothing away. “It's amazing the difference one person can make, isn't it?” she asked evenly.

“It's a lot of pressure.”
I love the terse dialogue.

She looked at him intently for a moment, studying him. He seemed… different, somehow. “How has it felt to help people without hiding your powers?”

Clark allowed a smile to flick across his face. “Liberating,” he answered. And yet, he had a feeling she already knew that.
Good, really good...

“Listen, I came here because I can't do this alone. You said you wanted to help, and this… creation… it's half yours.”
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! Clark wants Superman to be a joint Lois and Clark venture!!!!

What about your parents? Do they know you're talking to me about this?”

Clark nodded curtly, the amusement he'd had a minute earlier replaced with anxiety. “It was a stipulation, actually.”

Her head tilted in confusion.

“You won my mother over right away, you must have realized that.”
He is saying that his parents didn't allow him to be Superman unless he sort of cooperated with Lois about it?

“And your dad?”

Clark rubbed his hands along his thighs and sighed. “My dad recently suffered his second heart attack,” he revealed.
I hope you won't kill Jonathan. It irritates me how everyone is killing Jonathan these days. First it happened in Superman the Movie from 1977, then it happened on Smallville, then it was confirmed in Superman Returns, and now it is seeping into the comics.

“Somehow, my mother got the idea that letting me live at home was not protecting me so much as enabling me,” he said grimly, meeting Lois's eyes again.
That's priceless!!! You've gotta love Martha!!!

She couldn't hold back the chuckle. “You've been kicked out of the nest,” she surmised. “There's nothing like dragging a superhero into his destiny.”
That's another way of putting it!!! rotflol

Lois's eyes narrowed. “Is that why you're wearing those glasses?”

Clark's right hand rose subconsciously to adjust the aforementioned items. “Yes. I needed them when I was younger.”
Wonder what he means by that?

“Anyway, as you mentioned, if I don't want people to think I have a secret, I need to not act like I have something to hide. You are a world-renowned investigative reporter. If I can pass your test, I can pass anyone's. It's more important that I do that now, than it has ever been.”
Good, Clark.

“Because Superman's gone public?”

Clark ran a hand through his hair. “In part – but mostly because I'll have Jory with me.”

Lois's jaw dropped. “You're bringing him with you?” It seemed irrational to her.

“I don't really have a choice,” he answered. The expression on his face seemed to be a mixture of annoyance and anxiety. “It seems that my powers aren't the only things my parents think I'm running from. I'm told that it's time for me to be a father.”
jawdrop

“So, what are you going to do?” she asked.

Clark pressed his lips into a line. “Well, depending on your answer, I have two weeks to get settled and a system planned before they bring him up here to stay.”
Is he asking her to help him take care of Jory????

Lois put the pen and notepad aside. “You know, the Planet has a daycare service. It was put in a few years ago after a story about fair facilitation of women in the workplace came out.”

Clark smirked as he caught her reflection in the glass. “Let me guess… It was your story?”

Lois shrugged. “It is one of the best in the city.”
Hah!!! I love it!

Clark turned away from the window, but remained of the far side of the room. “I'm sure that it's a great facility. I'm just not sure it'll work for us.”

Lois looked at him blankly, not understanding.

At her expression, he sighed. One more secret coming right up. “Jory has some special needs. He can't hear.”
Well, wow... was his mother deaf?

This is just so incredibly intriguing!

Ann

#50832 03/31/08 02:18 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
“This is that magic moment where you make a choice to either be the person you want to become, or the person that you already are.”
Fantastic line. It may just become my new tag line for a while.

“For one whole week, a man has been flying around my city in his underwear and what do we have?”
lol

“It seems that my powers aren’t the only things my parents think I’m running from. I’m told that it’s time for me to be a father.”
Go Martha!

We (the FoLC fandom) usually operate under the assumption that Clark was destined to become Superman and that he was destined to be with Lois. But in this reality, one has to wonder - how much of it came out because of the manuscript and how much would have happened anyway? Which was the cause and which the effect? Don't you just love the paradoxes of time travel? laugh

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#50833 04/01/08 07:50 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Niiicee.

But what about Mini Clark? Had there been problems during the cloning?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#50834 04/01/08 11:24 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I liked the way Lois and Clark have teamed up, even though Clark is far from comfortable with Lois.

And I really want to know more about Jory! And maybe acutally meet him too and see what kind of kid he's like.

#50835 04/01/08 04:37 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
I read the beginning of this story awhile back, but then for some reason just forgot about it. I caught up on it tonight, though, and it is fantastic. I can't wait to see where you are going with this.

The inclusion of Jory is intriguing. It has to be complicated enough to try to start a new job and hide that you are the new superhero in town, but then to have to take care of a child on top of that would really be a lot.

I can't wait to see the next part.

#50836 04/02/08 07:22 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
How did I miss this part? I went to read part ten and it didn't make sense.

Unfortunately, I still see many mysteries in Clark's life which are yet to be revealed. Mainly, what is Jory's background? How is this Clark's background different than the Clark we are used to?

I'm looking forward to discovering the answers.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard