Next Thread
Print Thread
#50763 03/28/08 04:02 PM
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
Carol, I'm so mad at you! You post the first part of your nano fic just after I've made promises to go to bed. I'm looking forward to reading it first thing in the morning. Promise.

Elisabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Carol, I'm glad you took the plunge. I liked the way you handled that first scene. By leaving it vague like that, it would have worked at a lot of places near ski resorts. I, of course, kept picturing the north side of Red Mountain Pass. Poor Clark. I'm not sure he would be able to think of all the things that would happen, but it made me very sad for him.

And poor Lois! Her mom just forgetting that she was walking a mile through the rain.

I really liked the part with L&C at the journalism camp. Their behavior and attitudes seemed very real to me for a 12 and 14 year old. Now my brain is leaping ahead, assuming that something will happen that prevents Clark from writing. I guess I'll try to wait patiently until next weekend for part 2.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Columnist
Columnist
Such a sweet beginning, Carol! I also loved Lois and Clark at camp together. And to have both of them with such difficult home lives... It was really touching, in a sad way. I can't wait to see where you're taking this.

E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
They're the favorite food of Tasmanian devils." He grinned at her. "I'm in the Tasmanian devil cabin."
Too cute! Of course, Clark is the first one to flirt. He's good at it, too.

"Daddy's leaving."

Clark's opened wide.
Poor Lois. It's always heartbreaking when a marriage breaks up. When it breaks up at such an ultradramatic age, it feels even worse. (And I'm certain that Clark's eyes or mouth opened wide. Also, his heart broke wide open.)

Before he knew what he was doing, he turned to her and brushed his lips across hers.

It was short, that first kiss, but with it came the promise of friendship. They would be miles apart, but deep down each knew that they would always have someone else they could count on.
How bittersweet. Their first kiss isn't just full of promise, but also that they will try to be there for each other through the pain.

She'd probably never hear from him again, but for six weeks, he'd been the best friend she'd ever had.
How sad that she is already jaded.

I like the story, Carol. I'm so glad you're posting already. I wish I could say the same, but I can't seem to get the first part right. During Kerth season I set it aside, but maybe there's hope for next week.

Elisabeth

A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Yay, you've started posting! hyper

I love this first meeting of Lois and Clark.

- Alisha (who's probably going to keep all fdk on this story extremely short and sweet just to make sure she doesn't give anything away! wink )

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I really like this story! Clark and Lois are adorable together at this very young age.

I very much hope that this Clark and this Lois will be able to "rescue" one another. With their very poor home lives, they sure need rescuing. When will they meet next, I wonder? Another camp? Will they go to college together? Maybe, but Clark is two years older, so...

I hope they will see each other sooner than that! (But I hope that they will not be brought together by Lois's pregnancy by another man....)

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Carol, I'm so looking forward to see where you are taking this.

She shrugged. "It's okay. I got a bottom bunk which I'm not crazy about, but..." She shrugged again. "I'll manage. You?"
But she likes to be on top.

Lois fell into step next to him. "I'm not sure I want you knowing where we live, Mr. Tasmanian devil."

He laughed and set down one of the bags to hold up three fingers. "I promise. I won't come eat you in the middle of the night. Scout's honor."
You know how this would have sounded if they were a couple of years older?

And just a little nitpick. You have made LnC to be two years apart in age. Is it going to spell trouble for a 19 year old Clark that Lois will be just 17 instead of 18?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
This is a very intriguing start.

I was nearly crying at the first scene with little Clark watching Martha and Jonathan fall off the cliff. But the journalism camp stuff generally had me smiling.

I can't wait to see where you take this.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thanks guys smile .

Elisabeth - sorry about the timing wink . It was actually a very spur of the moment decision to post. One I may still live to regret laugh . Yes, Clark is a bit of a flirt. I blame that on my 8 month old [yes, really I do]. He's a flirt - big time. We're either going to be beating little girls off with a stick or beating him off little girls - one of the two. This Clark hasn't been 'poisoned' by Lana yet either like 'our' Alt-Clark. And the last couple segments starting with Lois eating in the cafeteria were unbeta'd. Thanks for catching that for me. His eyes opened wide, for the record.

Alisha - (note to self: send edits to Alisha before posting so Clark's eyes actually do open wide wink ). Yes, Alisha knows what happens. I'll take short fdk!!!

Ann - no, they won't be brought together by Lois' pregnancy by another man. I loved them together at this age, but I'm not great at writing this age IMO and I didn't want it to get 'stuck' here. It will be a while before they see each other again, unfortunately. Lots of changes in both their lives before they meet again.

Michael - the 'like to be on top' part didn't even occur to me!!! I just thought more privacy on top etc. Yes, the same comment a few years later occurred to me, but they're still fairly innocent at this age - at least as far as double entrendres go. I did see a comic one time with a little girl hold a Buzz Lightyear and a little boy holding a Woody doll. She said "I've got a Buzz". He said, "I've got a Woody." The line at the top was something to the effect of "Ten years later the same conversation had very different meaning". I thought of that after I wrote the Tansmanian devil thing. How far apart are they in the series? A year? I know Clark is older...

Anonpip - glad you're enjoying it smile . I nearly cried writing a 10 year old Clark watching his parents. How horrible would that be? Speaking as someone who lost her mom at age 10 [to cancer], it's hard enough to lose a parent at that age, but to feel that you should have prevented it...? How horrible would that be?

Another note: I went back in and added years to this segment - Clark's parents die in Dec. 1976, Lois walks home in Spring 1978 and camp is Summer 1980. I've added years to the rest of the story too so... However, this is an alt-u and I don't remember any of the late 70s hardly or much of the early 80s, though I do remember the later 80s, I was a teen not a grown up like these two would have been so just go with any inconsistencies as part of an alt-u wink .

Thanks again!!!
Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:
How far apart are they in the series? A year? I know Clark is older...
Carol, Clark was found in 1966, said to be born in March. Lois was born in 1967, although I don't remember a birthday mentioned in the series.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
That works well then. Clark's bday is Feb. 28 per whatever 4th season ep that was. Research into Lois' birthday in general indicated a December birthday had been mentioned more than once [not on the show but other canons] so that's what I went with. Feb. 66 to Dec. 67 is almost 2 years apart. I even have a spreadsheet with events and years and ages... wink . So for about 2 months a year, they're only a year apart in ages.

Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm unfashionably late, but who cares. Nice story, Carol. How can she not fall in love with him when he's such a sweetheart? *sniff*

I'm glad you posted. smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Carol, according to Lois in "Contact," she is a Libra (Sept. 24-Oct. 22), so Clark, born Feb. 28, 1966 (by his admission in "Never on a Sunday"), is 19 months older than she is. In the summer, they're 2 years apart, and in the fall and winter, they're 1.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hmmm... I'd forgotten that. I looked for several hours one day trying to find an official birthday for Lois Lane. There are several events in the fic that revolve around her birthday which I set in December so I'm reluctant to change it at this point. It *is* an alt-Universe... so in this one, she's a December baby wink .

Thanks Sheila.
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard