Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#50708 03/27/08 05:50 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
For Jessi, Sue and Brucie -
for being my best buddy, my hero and a really kick-butt type friend.
Aww! *hugs* You kick-butt too!

This story was awesome! And gasp! How did she figure it out??

And your original title wasn't icky wink

- the end?
GASP!!! No, not the end! Eep!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved the story, and Superman's response w/o the hurt was instantaneous and perfect! ... but maybe you forgot to write the end ?... _please_ tell me this is not the end thumbsup

Short stories also have epilogues, right? smile
I just want to see Lex rejected.. wink

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
"What is it, Lois?" His voice was soft and full of concern, and it hit her right then how much he really cared for her.

"I need you to tell me about Lex Luthor," she explained. "Clark won't elaborate on the reasons why he suspects that Luthor isn't exactly who he seems to be. I hoped maybe you would."
Yes! Finally she directed the right question to the right person!

"If I asked, uh, if I asked you to help me prove all of this... Would you?"
And she is asking Superman to help her find proof against Lex... it's getting better and better!

Lois started fidgeting, wringing her hands together nervously. Finally, she took a deep breath and spoke. "Is there any hope for us? You and me?" She looked away for a moment, a blush appearing on her cheeks.
Hmmm. I noticed this only after I reread it, but she didn't say, Superman, is there any hope for us? She didn't address him as Superman. She just asked him if there was any hope for them.

"Lex asked me to marry him," Lois blurted out, interrupting him.

Superman's head snapped up. He looked at her, eyes wide with shock. "He...?" Panic rose in his chest as he understood just exactly why she'd asked him these questions before. "You... haven't said yes, have you? Lois, you can't marry this man. Please, no," he begged, his heart slowly shattering into a million pieces.
He is panicking...

"I haven't given him a response yet," she told him, shaking her head. "I had to talk to you first. I couldn't do anything else without... knowing... Because, he's all I've got left now. The Planet is gone and my friends are all going away, there'll be nothing left for me. Except, maybe you? I- I'm so completely in love with you, and--"

"Then don't marry him, Lois," he said without hesitation. And before he could think the better of it, he blurted out, in a completely uncharacteristic fashion, "Marry me, instead."
Wowzers!! That was certainly the right question!

She sucked in a sharp breath, then she shook her head sadly, frowned and sighed.

Clark had never before proposed to a woman, and while he was quite certain that this was probably the worst possible way to go about it, he was pretty sure that a sigh wasn't the traditional answer. He looked down to his feet, dejectedly.

"You have no idea how much I dreamt of this, how much I've wanted this," Lois said, hesitantly.
What's the matter with her?

"Couldn't..." Lois sighed again. "Did you have to do it as Superman, Clark?"
Oh, that's priceless!!! notworthy

Thank you for this lovely fic, Lara!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
I believe you've forgotten to post the second half of the story, Lara! wildguy How did she figure it out, and when? You sure could've told us that much more, right?

But all in all, this was a sweet little vignette. I like that she put two and two together about Lex on her own and then asked for clarification.

I still want a part two, thought! wildguy

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There's an alternate ending. I'm just being evil and not posting it right away.

/ducks and runs.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally posted by LaraMoon:
There's an alternate ending. I'm just being evil and not posting it right away.

/ducks and runs.
GASP!!

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Go on, little army of wild spear guys! Go get her!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Saskia:
I believe you've forgotten to post the second half of the story, Lara! wildguy
yeah, that was my thought too thud

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Columnist
Columnist
That was great, really!! Clark proposing as Superman.... goofy but like everyone else, I would like to know how she figured it out! So you better post your alternate ending!! wink

Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
rotflol rotflol

Delightful. At last a Lois Lane that has it figured out. The pity is we know what happen when he DID do it as Clark.

Clearly this is a case of six of one a half dozen of the other. If he proposes as Clark she turns him down and chases after Superman. Proposing as Superman she complains he should have proposed as Clark.

It seems to me that asking Superman to explain when Clark would not is a clear test. This is the point when she wanted Clark to trust her with his duel identity and then detail his reasons for not trusting Luthor.

It seems clear that she is giving Clark's distrust of Luthor more weight than the Lois in the series did. Likely because this Lois knows Clark is Superman.

This brings up another concern, if she knows Clark is Superman, why is she still dating Luthor?

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap I'm glad your muse woke up again. That was a really great little story. smile

I laughed at the end because it was so unexpected. LOL Great job!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely and unexpected. We get glimpses of contemplative Lois in the show, but not very often around this issue. Thanks for sharing.

Can't wait to see the alt-ending.
BJ

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ha! That was great. Lots of emotion throughout, and then a hilarious ending. Way to go!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That had better NOT be the end, missy!!! wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
See James [and others]. Where's the rest?
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[Linked Image]

Aren't I just the evilest?

*giggles* (and runs away from the spiky-pole dudes!)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Features Writer
Features Writer
what?????
the end?
That can't be! You're killing me here thud

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What an ending. But since you mentioned being evil, you'd better get back here real quick, because people like evil persons laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
For Jessi, Sue and Brucie -
for being my best buddy, my hero and a really kick-butt type friend.
Aw, you're the best! sloppy

OK, this story is awesome, but you've officially been spending way too much time with Brucie... you're getting to be more evil than *her*!

I love this part:
"Superman?" she said, barely louder than her normal speaking voice. "It's, uh, it's Lois. I hope you can hear me. I- ah, there's no emergency, I just... you know... need to talk to you? If you're not busy, I mean. Or- or if you take a break? Do you ever take breaks? Anyway, um, if you could. Please?"

She rolled her eyes at herself and went back to sit in her living room,
And this...
made me do a weird squee/gasp type of thing.

But I HATED this part:
- the end?
You have some 'splainin to do!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Read both parts. This was a novel and waffy approach, and I liked it. But you still didn't show us the part where she turned Luthor down. goofy

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I wish I had the time to read both halves tonight. My favorite part was her quiet conversation with Superman, "If you can hear me, will you stop by in your abundance of free time? Not an emergency. Just get to me whenever." Way cute!

I have to say that I wasn't fond of his proposal or of her having told him she figured out. It sounded too much like he was saying, "If you've got to marry someone..." Of course, she has that third option of remaining single. I'm a big believer in marriage, but I don't feel like it should be entered into rashly. This sounded like a Magic 8 Ball approach to it.

Also, if she knew that Clark was Superman, she set him up when she asked Superman while making jibes about Clark.

I know I've been tough on you, but that's just because I like Moonfics so much. I still liked your story, but this one isn't my favorite one in your repertoire.

Elisabeth
who's hoping I will fall hopelessly in love with the end

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard