Next Thread
Print Thread
#50606 03/23/08 01:07 PM
StarKat Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Cute little story. That would be an amazing sight to see smile

Just one question, who has the saline drip and why?

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
#50607 03/23/08 10:25 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That's just delightful, Kevin!

Okay, one small nitpick just to start off:

With a speed that seemed even to him impossible, he sped to the Earth and back to the Moon thousands of times in a mere second,
Well, that actually is impossible. It takes light about 1.5 seconds to cross the distance between the Earth and the Moon, and I don't see Clark being thousands of times faster than that!

Enough nitpicking! What a sweet, tender, suggestive beginning:

Clark looked down tenderly at his sleeping Lois. He'd never seen her this tired, but it was to be expected.

His Lois. How it thrilled him to think those words and know them to be true, just as she knew he was her Clark. Hers. Hers and hers alone. Well, almost alone, now.
He was almost hers alone, now? Hmmmm.... wink

They flared brightly as they entered the Earth's atmosphere and burned and ionized in the Earth"s magnetic belt. Brilliant hues of reds, oranges, purples and greens filled the sky with an aurora of colors just as the sun faded beyond the horizon. He flew tirelessly across the new stretch of night, spreading the fine dust across the world from top to bottom. Billions of people across the world who had never seen the Auroras Borealis or Australis were now seeing his personally-created aurora. Normally strongest at the poles, the Earth's magnetic field was still incredibly powerful across the entire planet; with the amount of ionizing material filtering down, all of humanity was treated to one of Nature's most beautiful sights.
Wowzers!!! Clark is creating auroras for people all over the Earth!

[Linked Image]

“Look! Up in the sky! Is that him?”

“I think it's about to start!”

“What a show! He's doing this over the whole world! Thirty minutes worth, every hour on the hour!”

“Why, Daddy? Why"s he doing this?” Hearing the little girl, Clark paused a moment to hear the answer to this particular question.

After a moment, her father's voice answered, “I think he's just happy, Katie. He's happy and wants us to be happy, too.”

Clark smiled. Katie's Dad, like fathers everywhere, was pretty knowledgeable. Clark was indeed very, very happy.
I adore it! Clark is, I guess, tumbling and swooshing and spiralling through the air so that people can see him doing it. And why does he do it? To show everyone that he is happy!

“You big showboating doofus! Never again tell me you feel conspicuous in the Suit! There's nothing on the TV but you and your stunts.”
I love it! All that is shown on TV is Clark's amazing exuberance!

Clark chuckled. “Well, it's not as if Superman can hand out cigars, Lois!” Then somewhat righteously, he added, “I can't tell the world why I"m so happy, but I do want everyone to see how happy you and our daughter make me. If that"s showing off, then I"m a show off.”
Awwww... I love it!!!!

To accent that, their daughter of two days belched. A mighty belch. You could almost call it super. The saline drip wiggled slightly at this eruption.

“Great,” moaned Lois theatrically, as she rolled her eyes. “Two show offs in the family.”
That's just delightful!!!! Super!!! Clark showed his appreciation for Lois and his daughter by turning on a super-display of auroras and cutting celestial capers all over the world, bad their little duaghter showed her appreciation of the lunch she was being served by letting out a super belch!!! smile1 clap

Delightful fic, Kevin!

Ann

#50608 03/23/08 10:27 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Funny vignette. An Aurora Kryptonis.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#50609 03/24/08 12:51 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Such a gooey, WAFFy treat. One might think that you're a softy, Kevin.

Elisabeth

#50610 03/24/08 02:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OOO pretty! And sweet story. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#50611 03/25/08 04:10 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely, cute story, Kevin. Thanks for sharing. I loved that Clark was so happy about the birth of his daughter that he put on a show for the whole world. Better yet, it shows how happy he was before it actually happened, since it took some preparation time.

Loved Lois' reaction, too. Let's just hope that no aspiring tabloid journalist puts Superman's super-happy display together with the birth of Lois Lane's daughter ... it could make for some pretty interesting rumors.

Great job. Now - where's part two of Night Fell? I seem to recall someone saying something about the end of February...
wildguy
BJ

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard