Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50552 03/20/08 12:49 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, this is an enjoyable story. Of course the comments about the black suit have me worried that Lois just had an alleyway encounter with the Batman...<g>

But I'm looking forward to the next part nonetheless. Keep writing!

It's a scenario that has lots of possiblities.

#50553 03/20/08 04:18 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
No time for more right now... but I love this!!

I took wondered about Batman wink . Okay, not really. But I wonder just what that kiss made Lois feel.

And the whole not knowing Superman thing... yeeshk!

Carol

#50554 03/20/08 05:17 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I don't think the guy that Lois slapped was Clark. I think it was Lex, because Clark is still back in Kansas trying to figure out why he's so muddy.

This is good. This is really good. Lois is trying to figure out what happened to the last five years of her life. Clark is trying to make it back from wherever he's exiled himself, and it seems that his subconscious mind is leading the way. And Martha is trying to tell Lois what she needs to know without spilling the beans about the absent superhero.

On top of that, Banshee's lady is trying to find out if the Lois they buried is actually Lois. If so, then one of them may be a clone, and if so, which one? And if that's true, then Luthor had nothing to do with it, assuming my deduction about Lois's final encounter is correct, because whoever it was who kissed her so enthusiastically didn't know who she was, either.

Of course, there are about fifty other valid explanations for this imbroglio, too. And I'm sure I'll read it and say, "That's perfect! Couldn't have done it anywhere near that good myself!"

I'm still counting on you, Brucie. I know you won't let us down.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#50555 03/20/08 09:08 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, I think the guy in black was Clark! Or at least I would like it to be! Well, hear me out. Back in - well, way back when - Clark had been traumatized in the comics, and because of this he developed another, darker personality which took over when he was asleep. Every time Clark fell asleep, this other guy took over. Effectively Clark developed a split personality, even though he was not aware of it. And when Clark became this other person, he dressed in black, or at least dark, spandex.

So I really like the idea that that Clark's "dark side" would be out doing some sort of surveillance of the streets, Batman-style. He would rescue a woman from an attacker, to be sure. But then if some part of his foggy brain recognized Lois... and he just desperately kissed her... well, that fits pretty well with this story, I think!

Of course... it still remains to see what has really happened to Lois.

Ann

#50556 03/21/08 02:15 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Ann - that thought occurred to me too. Not the specifics but that Clark was like sleep-superheroing [is that a thing?].

Interesting...
C

#50557 03/21/08 05:15 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooo, I really liked this chapter. Love Season 1 Lois trapped in a time warp and I'm whimpering over here over damaged Clark. mecry

Martha is great, as always and the interaction with the man in black ... /me shivers.

I haven't been a follower of the comics, so the speculation over Clark developing a split personality and wearing black has me intrigued. It's also supported with this...
Lois brought her hands up to the smooth, almost silky material covering his chest before giving a harsh shove. Her fingers scraped against the edges of a coarse design as he finally stumbled back.
Sounds like Spandex with a the S-shield design to me. Of course, I suppose you could still be teasing us with the Batman, but personally, I don't think so.

More soon,
BJ

#50558 03/21/08 11:53 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Catherine what a beautiful story! I cannot wait to see where it goes.
Instead of the hallway, he found himself in a place that he desperately tried to keep himself from remembering.

And in front of him stood Lois Lane.

He found his body moving of its own accord, slowly, as he pulled her towards him. Relief washed through him as he placed his lips on hers, grateful to find her alive. When he found the note, written in her own shaky handwriting, he had feared that whoever had taken her had planned on harming her.

There was something off, though. A movement of her body that did not feel right, the taste of her lips against his. Pulling away, he looked at her in confusion as she brushed away a strand of hair with her left hand.

“You’re-” Before he could finish his thought, his hands were at her throat, squeezing.

Her eyes went wide as she began to choke, eyes bulging as her lips began to turn blue.

It was then that he realized his hands were at his sides, and that there was someone else in the room-

Clark bolted awake with a scream before he crashed down onto the bed. His body was covered in sweat.

Shakily, he got up from the bed and ran his hand through his hair, trying to think. A flash of gold caught his eye, and he brought his hand back down to his line of sight.
“I think he’s been properly subdued, Ma’am.” A soft voice drifted towards her from behind, and she spun to face the newcomer. He was silhouetted by the light shining in through the mouth of the alley, but she could tell from where she stood that he seemed to favor the color black and ridiculously tight clothes.

“Yeah, well, I was just making sure he wouldn’t try it again,” she replied icily, warning him with her voice not to attempt the same.

She heard a slight intake of breath before he slowly moved towards her. “Who are you?” he demanded, accusingly, as he drew near.

“I could ask you the same question.” As much as she would have loved her voice to remain steady and calm, she could hear the nervous waver.

An instant later, the gap between them was swallowed up by an unknown source, and he had her pressed against the wall. His large hands were like two metal vices against her upper arms, and she could tell that she would have bruises tomorrow.

Lois felt the fear fluttering in her chest as her heart began to race wildly. This statue of a man, still shrouded in darkness, created by the light behind him, seemed immovable.

“Who are you?” he demanded again, though this time she could detect a hint of desperation in his voice. “Who hired you? Are you a trick? Are you real?”

It was just her luck that, on her first night out, she would run into a fellow escapee of a hospital. Mental ward, if she wasn’t mistaking. “Listen, buddy,” she growled as she brought her knee up sharply. He didn’t seem to notice her attack on his more tender region, and that, more than his hands, scared her. Still, she tried to act braver than she felt. “I don’t know who you are, or where you come from, but that does not give you the right to man-handle me. Now let go of my arms before you tear them off!”

His hands were off of her before she could even finish the sentence, and she took a moment to rub at her sore limbs. She was still surrounded by him, unable to flee, trapped in a situation that she really did not care to be in. Clearing her throat, she glared up to where his eyes almost seemed to glow in the absent light. “Now, if you will be so kind as to let me go, I promise I won’t kick your ass.”

He laughed softly, a shaking sound that barely reached her ears, and were it not for the gentle puff of warm air against her skin she would have believed to have imagined it. It was then that she noticed his shallow breaths and belatedly realized that his hands had been shaking when they had gripped her. “You…” he trailed off before brushing the back of his fingers against her cheek.

Lois was frozen, not sure if she should try to flee. Everything in her screamed to try, to run away, but her feet remained firmly planted on the ground. Even her hands hung limply at her sides.

She was still rooted in the same spot when he bent in to brush his lips against hers. It was soft, an ephemeral whisper before it was suddenly over. He pulled back, and she could just scarcely make out the bewildered expression on his face.

Then, without warning, his lips were devouring hers with a hunger that shook her to the core.

She had been kissed before when she didn’t want to be, and it was usually an awkward thing, all sloppy and wrong. But this, the desperation and familiarity with which he was attacking her, was more disturbing than any of those times. More troubling than that was the undeniable sense that if this continued, she would respond just as ardently.

Lois brought her hands up to the smooth, almost silky material covering his chest before giving a harsh shove. Her fingers scraped against the edges of a coarse design as he finally stumbled back.

Affronted, and finally free, she brought her hand back before delivering a resounding slap against the side of his face. She was almost surprised when he actually stumbled back.

“It's? not… it can’t…” he said in a frenetic whisper, gasping for breath. Then he growled, and she could feel the anger in his glare.
So, did Clark imagine this encounter with Lois, is it memory or deja vu? And poor Clark. He still wears his wedding band. Talk about love.
At the offer, Lois fidgeted for a moment, not entirely sure whether she felt comfortable with the woman’s offer. “If Clark is as in ‘love’ with me as everyone keeps insisting, then why isn’t he here? Isn’t that a part of what the whole married thing is about? Or so I hear?” She hated the resentment that she heard in her own voice.

Martha sighed wearily. “He doesn’t know about you yet.”

“Why not?” Incredulous, Lois found herself beginning to pace. “Shouldn’t he have been the first person that they called? Why hasn’t anyone told him?”

Guiltily, Martha held up a hand to stop the tirade. “I’m afraid that was my doing.” Ignoring Lois’ indignant expression, she pressed further. “You have to understand, dear, that when he found you dead, or, who he thought was you dead, a part of him seemed to go along with you. He loved you so much, and his heart just seemed to shatter before our eyes. If I had told him that it was possible that you were still alive, to have that hope come alive in him again, and it had turned out that it wasn’t you…” Martha gave a small self deprecating smile. “I don’t think my boy would have survived having his heart utterly destroyed.”
OMG, please help them!

Wonderful!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#50559 03/21/08 02:13 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Wow, everytime I read a new part to this story I'm always happy that I find out more of the situation. But then I get all excited because you throw something out there that makes me wonder even more!

I think I have to guess that Lois did meet up with Clark, (in his NK suit maybe?) but I'm not sure yet if this is 'his Lois'. Time will tell, I suppose.

#50560 03/21/08 02:28 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I think it was Clark wearing his New Kryptonian suit. Maybe he doesn't realize what he's doing. The body may be the woman that Arianna Carlin had made to look like Lois.

"We've been sitting here all night and the longest conversation you've had with a woman was when your mom called."
Leonard to Howard: The Big Bang Theory
#50561 03/21/08 07:19 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh wow how can you leave us like this! Amazing. More soon please1 Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#50562 03/23/08 10:50 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There was something off, though. A movement of her body that did not feel right, the taste of her lips against his. Pulling away, he looked at her in confusion as she brushed away a strand of hair with her left hand.
I'd say they are memories. And Clark met a clone, or an imposter. The taste and the left hand are dead give-aways.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#50563 03/23/08 11:07 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Man, I am the worst when it comes to replying! I should be flogged...

Anyhoo, a blanket thanks to everyone who commented, or read and enjoyed!

ShayneT LOL! It wasn't the dark knight, unfortunately, although that would have been interesting wink

carolm Hee, no worries! Even short fdk is awesomeness wink

And hmm, I wonder how it made Lois feel as well. Maybe she wished she'd brought along a taser? Or mace? Or a hotel key?

Terry Leatherwood Lex?? EEP! Maybe it IS Lex, trying to be all secret and hidey?

But oh yes! So many possibilities! And they keep on popping in to kick my heiny!

I'll try not to let you down with how this goes! laugh Hopefully you don't end up kicking my heiny wink

TOC ZOMG! I didn't know that happened in the comics! That is awesome! And if it IS Clark with some personality disorder... whew! Can you imagine a Kyrptonian who decided to seperate himself from the morals that gets in the way of the Kryptonian instincts mention in the show?

carolm Part Deux Super-heroing? It is now! laugh

BJ I never knew about the comic split thing either. Very intriguing, indeed! And yes, I'm glad you caught that tidbit wink I highly doubt it's Batman, though wink

Sheila Clark had a dream-memory, but he still doesn't remember exactly what happened. Poor guy, if he knew, he'd be a bit less insane wink

And I'm trying to help them! Honest! But they want the dramah, and my inner devil wants to play a bit more...

Beth S. I'm glad to keep you on your toes laugh

countrygurl74 You had some pretty viable ideas there wink

Laurach I have some made evil skills? laugh And more is here!

Darth Michael Yep, those were memories laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#50564 03/24/08 11:20 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
You have me highly intrigued. When I read that my first thought was that a police officer had witnessed the exchange. I can say for certain that he doesn't dress like Scardino. Other than that... huh

I hope that Lois has passed Martha's test. Clark deserves to hear the truth, whatever that may be.

Elisabeth

#50565 03/24/08 11:36 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ShayneT LOL! It wasn't the dark knight, unfortunately, although that would have been interesting wink
It so would have been interesting! *sighs*

I almost begged Cat to make it Batman, but she told me it couldn't be done. *sniffles*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#50566 03/24/08 11:57 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, but Lara, we can still gang up on Brucie. She won't know what's gonna hit her. wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#50567 03/24/08 12:01 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally posted by Saskia:
Oh, but Lara, we can still gang up on Brucie. She won't know what's gonna hit her. wink

Saskia
GASP!! I KNEW you two were conspiring together!

When Betas Attack, part twelve! Tonight, only of FOX!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#50568 03/24/08 12:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She won't know what's gonna hit her.
How about a batarang?

/ducks and runs

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard