Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50521 03/19/08 09:24 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So, Luthor and/or Bureau 39 has an amnesia drug - does SHADO know about this?

At the rate people are forgetting that Clark is an alien, pretty soon only Luthor will be left (unless the Bureau gets him first.)

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#50522 03/19/08 02:48 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
That freaky drug reminds me of 50 First Revelations.

There were some Britishisms in here that threw me for a loop for a moment or two, but all in all this is an interesting story.

Elisabeth

#50523 03/19/08 06:18 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm very glad to see this story back, Alisha! Sorry my response is going to be short, though.

Lois is going undercover! Yes! I always liked that. Uh... I have to admit, though, that "Lola Dane" is a silly name, if she wants to pretend that she isn't Lois Lane. It will be a good idea to change it, Lois.

This felt ominous...

She heard the ping of the elevator doors and looked up in expectation but instead all that came out of the doors was a tramp. She looked away, disinterested in someone else's source.
"Lois Lane?" She looked up; it was the tramp looking wildly around the newsroom, with a parcel wrapped in brown paper in his arms. "Lois Lane?" As Lois made eye contact with him, he raised his voice as he rushed over to her. "Lois Lane! Lois Lane! It's going to explode!"
Jeepers!!! You almost made me scream!

A security guard ran up behind him and grabbed him round the waist. "I'm sorry. He ran right past reception."

The man managed to dump the package on Lois' desk, whilst still struggling with the guard. "You don't understand, Miss Lane. The Messenger is going to explode. Please, Miss Lane, you must tell my story."
Oh! It's just Dr Platt!

"...School bus was about to plunge over the edge of the bridge into the water, when something pushed it back onto the road. Some of the passenger's statements say that a man flew down and rescued the bus. Police have found two hand-prints indented on the side of the bus and experts are baffled by this mystery. LNN will bring you more updates on this occurrence as we get them. For now, we will return to the report on the Messenger."
Yes! Clark is being heroic in public - sort of in public! I love it! (The scene mirrors one of Superman's first rescues in "Superman the Movie", doesn't it?)

Lois moved away from the screen and back to her desk, fighting to get breath into her heavy lungs.
"Idiot," she hissed to herself, "stupid, alien idiot. Hiding does not involve using your powers to rescue plunging school buses in front of loads of witnesses."
Lois, you are too hard on him!

And I'm sorry I'm going to quote a long passage here, but I loved it:

Jonathan shared a look with his wife. "It's been all over the news, son and she is a reporter. I'd say that the chances are that she knows."

"She's going to be mad with me."

Martha chuckled. "Forget about Lois for a second. How do *you* feel about it?"

He smiled in self-satisfaction. "Good. I saved those kids. They would have died if I hadn't been there and it feels really good. No one else could have stopped that bus but I could, I did. Maybe I could make a difference here, in the real world."

"You won't have a normal life. If the public discover who you are, *what* you are, you could very well end up back in Bureau 39," Jonathan told him firmly. "At best, you'll become a celebrity. Either way..."

"No normal human life for Clark the alien," Clark sighed in regret. "It was never going to happen anyway." He finished the milk and fiddled with the glass until Martha stood up and took it away from him. Clark looked up from the table and glanced at Jonathan inquisitively. "Son?"

"Sorry?"

"You called me son. I'm not your son, Jonathan."
It's great! Jonathan called Clark "son", and suddenly that is all Clark can think of. Even though he was just talking about how great he felt about having rescued those kids.

"Jonathan calls every man he likes who's younger than him 'son'," Martha informed him, "it's a term of endearment."
Of course. Poor Clark.

Clark nodded his head. "I liked it. I suppose I am someone's son but no one's ever called me it before."
Of course! Poor Clark!!!

Jonathan looked seriously at him. "Clark, I think you ought to take some time to think. What do you want from life?"

He smiled as images of his ideal future flooded his imagination. "I want to marry Lois and have lots of babies to call 'son'. I know, it's corny and I barely know Lois, but there's something between us. I don't know what it is but it's real."
Of course! Of course! A person who has grown up as a "specimen", cut off from everything, will have such a strong psychological need of a family of his own. And Clark, of course, is just destined to want to have his family with Lois! And with the Kents!

"Clark," Jonathan called, causing the man to pause in the doorway, "you never had anyone to call you son but we never had someone to call son. You're the closest thing we will ever have, we nursed you as a baby and we gave you your name. If you ever want someone to call you son, you can come to us. We'd be honoured."
I just loved this!

Okay, I don't have time for more, but I loved this chapter.

Ann

#50524 03/20/08 01:19 PM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Dandello, thanks for starting the thread. I think this is the first time you've left me feedback. I hope you've enjoyed reading it.

Elisabeth, a part of me wants to apologise for using 'Britishisms' and another part of me wants to shout 'Well, duh!' in a rather childish fashion. I'll ignore that second feeling, however wink ! If you want to let me know which parts confused you I can try and make them more universal before I archive it. I certainly don't want to go around confusing people by using British expressions.

Ann, as far as I'm concerned, a response that I need to scroll through isn't short no matter how much of it is quotes! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

- Alisha

#50525 03/21/08 02:18 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Alisha, I had read through this with great pleasure a few days ago, and yet haven't had time to give feedback until today. And of course now I've forgotten many of the specifics so I can't really say anything more intelligent than:

I loved this chapter and keep coming with more!

#50526 03/23/08 08:44 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Beth, no problems, I feel like I'm in that position every single time I come on the boards to leave feedback! So long as you're still reading and enjoying it, I'm happy.

#50527 03/23/08 09:37 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
ACK!! I could have sworn I commented on this chapter.

I still love it. I love Lola Dane, though I agree Lois probably needs a new undercover moniker [Charlie King is *better* but neither were all that creative, now were they? You'd think they were writers or something...]

And I love that Clark is helping, because, even though he wasn't raised by the Kents, he's still inherently *Clark*. And I love that.

And I love the conversation at the farmhouse. Truly I do.

Carol [who knows what happens next and so doesn't need to ask for this particular one to be posted soon, but who thinks Alisha should post soon anyway smile ]

#50528 03/26/08 08:43 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Carol, don't feel like you HAVE to leave me feedback on this story, the comments you make when you send the parts back are good enough for me. Honestly. But thank you anyway. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard