Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - that's not the 'biggest' thing that happened in this part, but I thought it was funny wink .

Poor Lois frown . Memory is missing again - and lots of it. She still thinks of Clark as the 'hack from nowhere'. She hasn't mentioned Superman yet. Maybe her memory cuts off at the explosion Baines set off or something. I'll have to reread that part.

I loved Jimmy's 'backup' line.

Poor Martha. Getting ready to walk in there to a DIL who doesn't remember her and who hates her son [well, hate may be a bit strong - barely tolerates?]. Poor Clark, still holed up in his room.

I love that Lois used the spork as a weapon! So Lois!!!

Glad to hear part 3 is underway. If you wanted to finish it tonight and post it tomorrow, I would be okay with that wink .
Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I didn't comment on the first part, because I was a little scared of where this story might be going. Anyway, now that we have seen that Lois is more or less all right I feel so much better. I loved seeing her feistiness and her vulnerability at the same time - loved the sporking incident, and I loved, loved, loved seeing her cry into Perry's jacket.

Looking forward to what will happen during her meeting with Martha.

Ann

Features Writer
Features Writer
Intriguing story so far. Please post part 3 soon.

Carol wrote:
She hasn't mentioned Superman yet.
I think that's because her memories go up until before she got on the space shuttle, before Superman appeared:

“What’s the last thing you remember?” he asked, not wanting to pull away from her just yet.

She sniffled into his jacket, and he wondered if he would have to get the thing dry-cleaned. “I was just about to go on the space station. But they’re trying to tell me that was over five years ago!”
malu

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
You know, if the last thing Lois remembers is trying to sneak onto the shuttle, she doesn't remember Superman! She doesn't remember naming him, mooning over him, choosing Clark over him, nothing! And when Perry and Jimmy mention him, she's going to think that her hospital cell door swings the wrong way. I wonder if she's going to break out with the "help" of that disturbed young man you pointed out to us?

And where has she been for the five years that aren't in her memory? Is this the actual Lois Lane of this actual universe? Or is she another Lois that Tempus kidnapped and dropped here after the resident Lois was killed? Or - worse yet - is Herb trying to "fix things" by saving another world's Lois and dropping her here as a "favor" to both her and to Clark?

What will Lois think of Martha, a woman she's never met but who knows her so very well? And what about her "husband" who hasn't come to see her yet? I understand why he's not there - he has no idea she's alive - but I don't think Lois is going to understand. She's kind of self-centered like that. (Of course, aren't we all?)

Crazy speculation, I know, and I'm just as certain that you'll kick my "heinie" with the real story line. Try not to make us wait so long for the next chapter, okay?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I, too, loved the sporking and the back-up comment. Everybody but Lois seems to be trying to protect their hearts. In fact, Perry didn't even realize that Lois had been talking since he was so busy feeling all of those emotions.

Another well-written part.

Elisabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm with Terry. My first instict was that this Lois was from an AU but now I'm not so sure. This story is so WHAMy I don't know what to do with myself. I almost feel queasy while I'm reading it and yet, I can't stop!!! thumbsup

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I know part 3 is allready posted but I *had* to say something on this part.

Which was ridiculous. The last time that she checked, she was still single. Happily so, too. No man to tie her down, to diminish her career in any way.
Just after reading this paragraph I went eek eek I couldn't take my eyes from the word 'single'. She doesn't remember Clark?????

Perry, Lois and Jimmy's meeting was so sweet, I can imagine each' side emotion when they saw each other. At least if she knows she can trust Perry, when Martha will introduce herself he will inform her it's true she's married.

I figure it won't be an easy journey for our heroes either way I'm loving this...See ya in the other chapter!

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard