Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

#50477 03/16/08 04:28 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I don't like Lana.

There I said it wink . I even contemplated a fic where she was a nice likable person, but I couldn't do it [no, she wasn't going to be with Clark and I still couldn't wink ].

I wish Clark would have started with that one 90s TV show rather than the movie *shudder*.

I hope his reaction to 9/11 convinces Lois of the whole alternate universe thing. I'm not sure going public is the best move for him. There may not be Kryptonite in this world, but 'they' could do other things to control him because he's such a darn nice guy.

I liked this from Clark's perspective, but as always, too short smile .

More soon please.
Carol

#50478 03/16/08 04:29 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Well done. Very well done. Now about how about having the Nightfall asteroid show up? Or maybe Lord Nor?

No? Oh well, how about something like a suitcase nuclear bomb with Terrorists gloating about the bomb on the Internet? Panic in the streets as folks flee as the time of detonation approaches?

No? Well something big and flashy that requires Clark to be Superman?

Framework4
#50479 03/16/08 04:44 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have about ten minutes to comment....

Yes! Lois is beginning to doubt her conclusion that this whole thing is just a deception, a prelude to an attack!

Because despite her conviction that this was all a scam, a setup, Lois felt the tiniest seed of doubt.

He was getting to her.
Yes!!!

Interesting, by the way, that something else than Clark's flying might convince her. His innocence and lack of falsehood is getting to her.

It was so moving to see 9/11 through Clark's eyes. But it was really moving to see young Lois, if only in short glimpses, through Clark's eyes, too. Surely it isn't just him that is getting to her... surely she is getting to him, too?

He saw the 1977 movie. Ah gaaah. Well, it could have been worse. He could have seen "Superman II"! razz

I'm glad he felt the "pull" of that suit, and that he felt the possibility that he might be the kind of hero who wore it. Not that I blame him for cringing at Christopher Reeve's portrait of Clark Kent.

I agree with Carol. Too short!

Ann

#50480 03/16/08 06:03 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Reloading fruitful.
Veritas 13 is here.
A happy evening.
razz </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Couldn't agree more. You need to watch LnC, Clark!! thumbsup It could be sooo much better than what you saw.

Especially if you ditch Lana.

I would have thought Clark would be a little more shocked at finding out he was a fictional character in this world. That's a pretty odd situation to find yourself in. Then again, maybe his life is already odd enough that this doesn't surprise him. Or maybe he already figured it out from the comic he bought.

We just have to hope those 195 people don't find out about Clark Kent and Superman before he takes them home. Maybe there's an advantage to them all being kept in isolation, horrible as it is.

I can't wait for the next installment. Will Clark finally 'fess up to Lois?

#50481 03/16/08 11:38 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Just had to run home from work to see a builder, happened to hit the site while waiting for him. What a pleasant surprise!

OK, now everyone (except Lois) knows the score. Is Clark going to be an idiot? I wait with bated breath...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#50482 03/17/08 08:06 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Monday morning, hopefully starting my computer - yes, a new chapter! smile1

By the way, I hate Lana! This said, now on with the review!

The music was exciting. It called to something within him that he hadn’t known existed, just as the music to Star Wars had called to him when he was a child.
It´s exactly the same for me with that music. Even the Star Wars reference.

But after that, everything began to get more and more bizarre. If he’d had his powers as a toddler, he’d have been able to save his parents. He certainly wouldn’t have created a strange, masochistic identity for himself in which he was the butt of everyone’s jokes.

He’d had problems being accepted, but those were genuine problems that he hadn’t known how to deal with, not something he imposed on himself.
That´s much more believable than the bumbling Clark Kent from the Chris Reeve movies.

The suit should have looked gaudy and silly, but somehow it didn’t. The actor wearing it made it almost seem majestic.
Just try it, Clark! I think it would look well on you! laugh

Of course, reality had already shown him that he wasn’t in a movie. Lois Lane wasn’t infatuated with him in the least, and this one had already seen the movie. She was much more attractive than the woman in the movie, and less grating, yet Clark could see the similarities.
Lois not infatuated with you? Do you want to bet on that, Clark?
But my feeling regarding Margot Kidders´ Lois are much the same as yours.

Clark stared for a long moment at the other discs scattered out. He couldn’t bring himself to watch any of the others, not now that he knew what he needed to know.
I agree with the other reviewers: it could have been worse. He could have watched Superman II - or part III or IV! goofy

#50483 03/17/08 10:30 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm so glad you let us see a fresh glimpse of 9/11 through Clark's eyes, as I am also glad that Lois has the instincts to know it isn't a faked reaction.

I'm also happy that you let Clark see the 70's movie, since it lets him know what a putz that Clark Kent was. It'll make him quicker to shed that persona and move on to Superman. laugh

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard