Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
This story charmed me. I liked the comparisons between the development of his abilities at three different times in his life. I'd never thought about what those first few days must have been like after people realized why he was there.

This was nice.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I liked this unique persepective on the development of one of his powers... terrific!!

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, fantastic story. I especially like how we get to see sort of "how" Clark is able to focus on certain sounds. And like Shayne said, the part about his first few days as Superman was so fun to read. We rarely hear stories that focus on how the city reacts to Superman during his first few days on the job. And how Clark reacts to first seeing the seedy underbelly of a big city. Not the white collar creeps like Lex, but the thugs on the street with bad intentions for people that he must witness in a one-on-one, personal way.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I, too, thought this was fantastic. Each scene carries its own mood. You write so clearly that it's easy to get caught up in the moments. Each scene also left me wanting to read just a few minutes more.

Well done.

Elisabeth

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
one word: Wow!!

Desiree

Don't think about the pink elephant... I dare you!

Thanks to Tineke for the avatar
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Wow! Thanks for all the great feedback. blush

This story just sort of wrote itself. It started, actually, as a thought from a line in Ten Years in the Making where Clark has no powers for the moment and when he wakes up, the world is quiet.

It got me thinking about what it would be like for him on an ordinary day - how disheartening it would be to wake up to hear people in need screaming for your help. This led to how much even worse this would have been early on after he became Superman and then the rest of the story just sort of took shape around it.

I'm so glad to see that others liked it!

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Beautiful little slice of what's it like to be Clark Kent, anonpip. The payoff at the end with the heartbeats was utterly delightful. I think Shayne had the right of it - absolutely charming.

LabRat smile (making a note so she doesn't forget about it come next Kerths...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks, LabRat!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard