Next Thread
Print Thread
#50330 03/10/08 09:48 AM
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
This part just creaped me out. You write Luthor to be so ruthless and manipulative. I could just envision how difficult it was going to be for Clark to hide out from him, particularly as he lacks confidence.

Of course, Lois now has to pick up her life again after having it turned upside-down. That can't be easy for her. Yet, I can't imagine her doing anything else.

You had me worried about the Kents for awhile. Glad they're safe. (Although I'm still worried about them, as well as Lois & Clark and the scientist.)

Elisabeth
who is amazed that feedback for this part got missed--it totally has to be because of the Kerths

#50331 03/11/08 07:01 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Alisha, this part also creeped me out. You do a good job of that (which is a good thing)!

I'm glad that the Kents are safe, but I have doubts about Lois' safety. She's in more danger than ever now that Luthor has decided she would be useful.

Keep the parts coming!

#50332 03/12/08 05:44 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, really like this story, although I have to admit that I rather read it in bits and pieces, because the Luthor parts creep me out!

Anyway, I loved how you described Donna's feelings before she decided to help Lois and Clark escape. This, in particular, was so moving:

"I have no idea what'll happen now. Luthor will probably work out that it was me who set you free but that's not your concern, it's mine.
Poor Doona!!! eek

This was lovely:

Lois ran her hands soothingly through Clark's dark locks, massaging his scalp and playing with the ends of his hair between her fingers. He was so lucky, she thought, not a split-end in sight and she'd seen how cheap his shampoo was. Her eyelids started to droop as her motions and the steady breathing of her companion lulled her towards slumber. Clark was already asleep.
I really thought the Kents had been killed. Thank God they weren't!! But I'm worried about Lois. Is Lucy really going to be the protection she needs?

Fascinating story! I'm looking forward to more.

Ann

#50333 03/12/08 05:59 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Alisha - I just sent you an email for something else and remembered I hadn't commented here yet.

I still love this!!

/me stares at inbox willing another part to appear
Carol

#50334 03/12/08 09:25 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Thanks once again for the feedback.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of the creepiness of Luthor. On the one hand I'm glad that I can write stuff that is genuinely creepy, but on the other I really hope he won't start scaring you away from reading. He is supposed to be a baddy, you know!

- Alisha

#50335 03/12/08 04:31 PM
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
Creepy bad guys compliment a good writer. Leave him in. Leave him scary.

Elisabeth
who will happily e-mail her 2-cent postage wherever it needs to go

#50336 03/12/08 05:09 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Alisha, don't worry about your Luthor. It's me. I just don't like villains much, but I think that many other people do - in stories, at least!

Ann

#50337 04/06/08 09:08 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I am still a little worried about Donna, but I was awed at the description of Metropolis. As we come close to the climax, stuff like this heightens the tension:

Metropolis never knew true darkness but the shadows cast created strange and almost frightening shapes and figures in the unlit alleyways, turning the streets into something unfamiliar and otherworldly even to those who used them routinely during daylight hours.
alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard