Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

#50318 03/09/08 07:15 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have about two minutes to post right now, but this is another splendid part! But, Shayne, why couldn't Clark have proved to Lois that he could fly?

“What if I could prove to you that your sister’s airplane came from an alternate reality?” He leaned forward and said, “Would you help me then?”

“Short of proving that you can fly, I don’t see how you could.” Lois paused. “You can’t, can you?”

He hesitated for a long moment then shook his head. “I’m no Superman,” he said. “I’m just here to help the people on that plane get back to where they belong.”
But he can fly! We know he can! Is he too scared to show her?

I hope he will be forced to reveal his superpowers to her, so that she will believe him. Although... I just realized that Clark is making sure that Lois gets to know him as Clark before she gets to know him as Superman! Some LnC things never change, do they? goofy (And, hmmmm... it's nine o'clock, or whatever... I thought you'd be naked? laugh )

Ann

#50319 03/09/08 08:15 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by TOC:
why couldn't Clark have proved to Lois that he could fly?
I'm sure he still hopes to get home and bring all of them with him. If he proves he can fly, his life would be an open book.

Once he gets back he hopes to hide in plain sight, so no Superman, no story.
============================
Shayne,

Delightful part.
It was hard to be afraid of someone who mopped the floor, polished the furniture....
clap

Framework4
#50320 03/09/08 08:59 PM
Kerth
Kerth
He has to realise that she knows all about the fictional CK; it seems a little short-sighted not to admit to the powers.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#50321 03/10/08 02:24 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Great chapter, Shayne!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#50322 03/10/08 04:30 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another great chapter! clap
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
He has to realise that she knows all about the fictional CK; it seems a little short-sighted not to admit to the powers.
I get the impression that Clark hasn't realized yet that everyone in our world knows Superman is Clark Kent, or he'd be calling himself Charlie King or something. From an earlier chapter:
The Superman comic hadn’t given him much information. Most of it had been filled with outlandish fights against outlandish villains, and there had been very little about the hero’s personal life. The abilities and the insignia were hauntingly familiar, and if Clark squinted he could almost imagine himself being depicted in the outfit.
Plus, this is alt-Clark, who has been pounded by Lana to hide away everything he can do. So he's still just protecting his secret, not realizing that his name is giving him away. He doesn't want people even to know that there is a man who can fly, much less who that man is.
“Besides, some people say string theory isn’t even science. It can’t be tested.”
rotflol
There's always Many-Worlds quantum theory. wink
I love how this story has so many big revelations hanging — so many pennies to drop. I looking forward to watching the pennies fall. laugh

#50323 03/10/08 08:03 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Terrific! Although my first instinct would have been for Clark to confess to Lois, your way is better and more natural! After all trust is a 2-way street. With Lois being so suspicious and careful, plus a TV reporter looking for a way to broadcast the story, Clark has to be more careful than ever. (It's clear Clark's been surreptitiously following Lois around so he knows exactly what she's been talking with Susan, etc.)

In one way, she's right.. Clark's powers would be the biggest proof.

Loved the little insights into their characters... Lois' combat training.. her troubles with her name, Clark's cleaning-when-nervous... plus the double games both of them are playing with each other.. superb!!!

One more thing... we know that Lois atleast knows about the Lois&Clark TV series... maybe she even has it as a keepsake of her parents & Lucy.. so how about.. after she's accepted the parallel worlds theory or maybe before it, she thinks, "hey this person looks more like the Clark in the TV series"... and maybe shows the tape / DVD to Clark or something. Or.. Clark while watching can remark, "hey Lois, this actress resembles you .. a lot" wink

thumbsup dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#50324 03/10/08 08:24 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A new chapter! Yay! smile1

#50325 03/10/08 11:06 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
You certainly know how to please your readers.

Elisabeth

#50326 03/10/08 11:16 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
First, a well written post, even if it is short, however, I have to agree with Marcus, CK has to know that if she is Lois Lane in a Superman=Comic world, lying about the powers has got to be a galactically stupid move on CK's part.

OTOH, if that is the way you are going, I can't wait to see the fallout on that one...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#50327 03/10/08 01:16 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great update, Shayne!

So I'm starting to theorize - which is dangerous for my brain cells wink but is a true testament to your ability to thought-provoke.

The meeting between the two was a natural first meeting, as AnKS said, so I appreciate the build up and the final payout with that. I also agree that Clark has a right to be a little antsy about revealing anything to her right now. After all, he doesn't know that she has his wallet, so they aren't on a much more than name-basis right now. My guess is that he followed her to find out about Lucy et al. Awwww Lois, let him stay on the couch!

Now for the theorizing part- I think that Lois will end up going back with Clark to his parallel dimension/whatever when the time comes. I mean, in this universe she doesn't have family, her name limits her aspirations, and there is no Clark! What's to stay for? The Lois in Clark-land has been missing... Presto-changeo - Lois! Ta da! That does make me wonder, though - where is Lois-world Clark?

Don't mind my questions. I'm just throwing things out there. Keep 'em coming!

~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
#50328 03/10/08 01:47 PM
S
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
sunrei said,

Awwww Lois, let him stay on the couch!
What?! You can't ask that! After all, he's nervous (which we know from all his housecleaning); and when he gets nervous, he might do something really odd, like float in his sleep...and she might come out of her room and...but wait...if she saw him, she might think...

Nah.

On another front, that sparkling picture window is interesting. In the "real world" a window in a big city like D.C. gets dirtiest on the outside. What if he cleaned that too, and Lois got wondering about it...and checked the outside...and...

Nah (again).

'Course, we still don't know how he got in. Any chance he just removed the glass? wink

Snave

#50329 03/10/08 03:59 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
More, more, more! (Channeling Dickens' "Oliver Twist' here): "Please, sir, I want some more!"

This fic has me on the edge of my chair and I'm checking daily for updates. (Probably I shouldn't, as a watched pot never boils!)

I'm really enjoying the way you show Lois' suspicion, and how logical it is, bit by bit, that Clark is slowly convincing her of his point of view. Right now she's just at the point where she's failing to call, or choosing not to call, the authorities. It'll take a while to get the Lois & Clark partnership that we know and love! I'm counting on the Lane curiosity and hard work to make things happen.

The scary parts are the real world parts - they're all too *real*. Unfortunately in this day and age, people can be held without charge or trial, as you're describing. That (and other things) are the truly frightening parts of this fic.

I hope that Clark will be an inspiration to our world as well (at least in this fic). God knows that right now we need a Superman.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard