A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Okay, I'm ready...

:rolleyes:

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#50291 03/08/08 02:28 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's been a while since I read a Charmed crossover. I am just getting into it, but I need to put the little ones down for the night.

I will comment more later.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#50292 03/08/08 03:02 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Interesting use of James Read being a common actor as the basis for your crossover. I'd always thought that Alyssa Milano's slight resemblance to Teri Hatcher would have made for a distant cousins relationship between Lois and the Halliwell sisters.

Lois ever the skeptic even considering all the 'stuff' she and Clark have been through. Not the least of which is her marrying a beind from another planet.

Fun little fic.

Tank (who always thought Ms. Milano would have made a good Lucy Lane)

#50293 03/08/08 05:33 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Glad that someone doesn't need deadlines extended three or four times. wink

I'm not a fan of Charmed, but I was able to follow the story quite well. (So did the actor also have a role in Remington Steele? I don't remember him there.)

Elisabeth

#50294 03/08/08 06:57 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Terrific story and I too love tying in James Read's character. I wasn't aware of his Remington Steele connection... (a little search tags him as Murphy Michaels - Laura's partner during Season 1).

Phoebe's vision of Clark.. wow!

thumbsup

~Ankit (who recently bought the entire Charmed DVD and is currently re-watching the series)

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#50295 03/09/08 02:22 AM
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Love your sig, Anne. I'm going to look for one at least that good.

I'm not a "Charmed" fan either, but at least I knew that the girls were witches, although I somehow had the impression that they had to be together to work their magic. Maybe I'm mixing that up with something else?

No matter. Now that Jimmy's family has abruptly expanded, maybe there are some follow-up stories from this beginning. After all, Jack (or whatever his name is) surely has some other secrets he can share now. So you have a wealth of story ideas and setups to choose from, and if you don't want to involve Lois and Clark except on the periphery, that would work too. Hey, what about this for the title of the new series: Jimmy and the Magic Sisters. Or does that sound too much like a 70s pop band?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#50296 03/09/08 06:52 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was just great, Anne. I've loved James Read's acting from the Remington Steele* days and got a kick out of him playing Jimmy's father and the Halliwell's father. Yep, I was there for all 8 or 7? seasons of Charmed. My favorite time was when Julian McMahon was on too.
This is a nice universe crossing. I'd be very happy to read more.
cool
Artemis
*In Remington Steele, James Read was the real P.I. and a little known actor named Pierce Brosnan was the con-man fake P.I.

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#50297 03/09/08 03:01 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok, overall, a great story. And anything that causes a story to be finished is a good reason to use it.

The front end of the story seemed a little rushed to me, but then again the 100+ fever and body aches may have been fuddling my mind.

Loved the scene where Lois get's her proof, but was expecting her to have some whitty comeback, like "That was my favorite pen." or "My father gave me that pen on my last birthday...no real loss there."

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard