Dejame que entre en tu Corazon TOC

Chapter Eleven

Lois arrived to the newsroom on Monday morning, passed by the coffee machine, had a coffee and took the Planet’s morning edition. On the front page was Clark’s Washington exclusive. She sat at her desk and began to read it intently. It was a very good article, Clark detailed everything that happened there and the interview was great.

“Don’t be so hard with the criticism, please,” Clark said, approaching her.

Lois didn’t expect him to be there and looked up too quickly. “Hi, I was just taking a look,” she replied nervously.

“And…,” he waited.

“And… well, nothing that can’t be improved Kent. I would have done it differently of course. There’s no turning back though,” She said trying to look confident.

“So what I’ve written is garbage--well thanks for your opinion,” he went back to his desk. He slapped the newspaper on his desk and sat down lost in thought.

<I thought she’d like my article; there has to be a reason for her to be so harsh> he told himself.

Lois was watching him from her desk, and saw his a sad look. She knew it had been perfect, but couldn’t acknowledge it.

Half the morning had passed and Clark hadn’t taken his gaze from his desk, he was engrossed in his work, quite and pensive. He’d his article read once and again to see where his mistakes were. The elevator doors opened and Lois saw a couple that were talking to Jimmy, who then he pointed at Clark. They approached Clark who sat up when he saw his parents.

“Dad, Mom,” he bear hugged them both.

“Hey son” said his father.

“What are you doing here?”

Lois noticed they still had their arms around one another.

“Well, we’re here to see our son, it’s been two weeks since last time,” Martha replied.

Clark smiled at her and hugged her again. He stood between them with his head against his mother’s and his eyes closed.

“I’ve missed you so much,” he said sweetly.

“Oh darling, and we have missed you. You need anything?” asked his mother as she stroked his face.

“I’m fine mom, just needed to see you both. Why didn’t you call? I would’ve picked you up.”

“We knew you were working and we didn’t want to bother you,” Jonathan replied.

“Your luggage?”

“Downstairs, plus we’re here just for a couple of days,” his father answered.

“Well, I’m taking you home right now.” Clark picked up his jacket.

“It’s not necessary Clark,” Martha told him. “We’ll take a cab.”

“CK, I got what you asked for,” Jimmy said walking to him. “Here’s all the info: names, addresses, everything.”

“Thanks a lot Jimmy.” Clark turned to his parents “Will you stay here until I come back? I have something to take care of. Oh, and I’ll take your suitcases home,” he gave each of them a kiss.

“Be careful honey,” his mother said.

Lois had been observing and hearing everything, Clark was very affectionate with his parents. What had her scared was that as soon as Jimmy gave him the information on the three men who tried to mug them he had come up with the ‘something to take care of’. She was scared that he would go after them and get hurt, she did not want her nightmare to become true.

She saw his parents looked uncomfortable, not knowing what to do, so she approached them.

“Hi, are you Mr. and Mrs. Kent?” she asked shyly.

Jonathan turned to her. “Yes miss and you are…?”

“Lois, Lois Lane” she said smiling.

“Oh! So you are Lois” Martha exclaimed, sounding surprised and excited.

“I’m Jonathan and this is Martha.”

“Nice to meet you,” Lois replied.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, my son has talked a lot about you” said Martha.

Lois was surprised, what could have he told them if they barely talked?

“Oh really?” she said surprised.

“Sure, he told us you were the Daily Planet’s top reporter--,” Jonathan began.

“The best reporter in the city and also beautiful,” finished Martha, smiling.

Lois was speechless to what she heard. “Clark’s been exaggerating--he’s also a good journalist” she replied smiling, her demeanor worlds different.

“He’s a hard worker, we’re proud to have him as our son, although he’s not biologically ours,” Jonathan admitted.

“He’s not? He’s adopted? Come on, take a seat,” Lois offered and sat on the sofa.

“Yes, we don’t know why but his parents abandoned him when he was just three months old. We couldn’t have children. Clark was like a gift when we found him,” Martha told her happily.

“And he knows?” asked Lois softly.

“Yes, we told him when he was a little boy,“ Jonathan said.

“And how did he take it?”

“Clark’s always been good, understanding, kind, sweet, affectionate and very sensitive. He would have liked to know his parents and says that they might have had their reasons so he doesn’t hold a grudge against them. He loves us madly. We’re his only family--otherwise he’d be alone,” Martha answered.

“Why don’t you move to Metropolis? That way you’d be with him,” Lois suggested.

“We can’t leave the farm, we’d loose the harvest and we pay the bills with it,” Jonathan replied.

They talked for a while longer about Clark when he appeared again. “I’m back.”

Lois sat up and asked “Are you all right?”

Clark was surprised. “Yes. Something wrong?”

“I saw Jimmy giving you information on the three men that mugged us the other night and you leaving so I was afraid you’d go after them” she said looking down.

“Actually I was. Don’t worry; they won’t be bothering you again” he said touching her shoulder. Then, turning to his parents he asked, “Did you get bored?”

“Not at all, we were talking to Lois all this time,” his mother said directing her gaze at Lois’ desk, where she was seated now.

“Really?” Clark asked surprised.

“Sure,” his mother replied. “She’s a charming woman and very sweet.”

“Well, she might be with you,” he said under his breath.

“What did you say?” asked his father.

“Nothing, I just… can we go?” said Clark.

“Good bye, Mr. and Mrs. Kent, bye, Clark,” Lois called out, smiling.

“Good night, Lois,” Clark replied with a smile.

TBC...

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.