CHAPTER TEN

She was tired because she had been two nights since she slept, but it was Monday already and she went to work early. After arriving into the newsroom, she sat at her desk with a headache. She looked around and saw Clark talking with Perry.

“Good morning Lois,” said Jimmy. “You’re not looking good today.”

“I haven’t slept for two nights; I need a coffee,” she answered.

“Don’t worry, one’s coming up now.” In a couple of minutes, Jimmy was back with her coffee.

“Thank you very much Jimmy. Hey, what are Perry and Kent talking about?” she said, not taking her eyes away from Perry’s office.

“He’s offering Clark an article that’ll get him in a plane to Washington.”

“About what?” she asked curious.

“Some important person at the White House he’ll have to interview. He’ll leave today, but he’ll be back by the weekend,” Jimmy told her.

“All week for one single interview?”

“Sorry, I don’t know anything else.” With that, Jimmy went back to his work.

Lois saw Clark and Perry leaving the office. “Good luck Kent, you have my support,” Perry was saying.

“Thanks, I’ll do my best,” Clark answered as he put a hand on his nape and Lois remembered what happened on Saturday. Perry went back to his office and Clark sat at his desk.

“Jimmy, can I give you something to research this week?” said Clark standing up.

“Sure CK, ask anything.”

Lois didn’t miss a word.

“I need you to find information about these three men,” Clark requested while handing Jimmy a paper a picture of three faces.

“What happened?” asked Jimmy.

“Long story, gotta go home and pack,” he said as he cleared his desk.

On his way, he saw Lois that was not looking good and approached her slowly. “You ok?” he asked.

“Yeah, just a little tired” Lois replied nonchalantly.

“Well, I’m leaving until Monday.”

“Until Monday, Kent,” she said softly. Clark was about to touch her but stopped and left.

The week was becoming very long, Lois had a lot of work and Lex kept calling her. She hadn’t seen Superman in days; she kept dreaming about him and that someday they would love each other, there was actually a man who loved her and showed it to her.

About Clark, she only thought about what had happened with those three men. Clark asked Jimmy to do some reasearch on those men <Why did he want to know?> Lois asked herself. She wondered if he’d do a good job at Washington.
<Of course he will, that’s why Perry sent him there> she told herself.

That weekend she had a date with Lex, who treated her like a queen and offered her everything. He told her he loved her, she had just smiled and caressed his face. Lex didn’t waste any opportunity to kiss her and Lois just let herself be loved.

TBC...

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.