Print Thread
#50126 02/29/08 05:18 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, anyone? blush

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Kerth
Kerth
Nice to see more of this - enjoyed the earlier parts, and once I'm past the current project my first fanfic will probably be an SR crossover so I'm interested in your take on that version of Superman.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Check out SHADO Librarian at Fanfiction.net

The Shadows series has been very well received, as has the Planes series.

Plane Storm has actually been mentioned in online writing workshops as an example of how the SR Clark differs from the LnC Clark. jump

Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I enjoyed it too, although I couldn't quite remember how Lois and Clark could have a daughter within a week of Clark's return from Krypton in superman Returns. Whose daughter was she supposed to be? Clark's? Then who would her mother be? Admittedly, I do remember something about Lois and Clark having a daughter together. It had something to do with that "plane storm", right?

Sorry I don't have the energy to re-read previous chapters of fanfics.

This quote was priceless:

“The tempocane threw you and Lois together and gave you both a chance to work through your issues.
Tempocane!!!!!

This is a mere hurricane:

[Linked Image]

It looks like a spiral galaxy:

[Linked Image]

So it makes you wonder how an hurricane is similar to a spiral galaxy, and how a tempocane is similar to a hurricane.

“How did we manage?” Jerome completed his question. “After a few shifts we established a procedure. First find Metropolis. If there's a Metropolis, there's usually a Superman, Clark Kent, and Lois Lane.”

“And where there isn't?”

“Then Superman is a fictional superhero everyone knows about,” Jerome said softly. “It's a little weird to see your life as episodes in a TV show or as a movie. It's even weirder to be mistaken for the actor who played Superman.”
Wow. This is definitely reminiscent of the fic that Shayne is currently posting, Veritas.

“The Bakery,” Joy replied as if it were obvious. “It's a nexus, a crossing point if you will, for the various multi-verses where Superman does or has existed. It was designed by the Peacekeepers as a safe haven for time-plane travelers.”
I'm sure I've heard of The Bakery before, but I can't remember where.

Great A-plot! On the other hand, it also made me want to sigh, "A-plot, A-plot, wherefore art thou A-plot?" There are two Clarks here and no Loises. Me don't like that very much.

A B-plot by any other name would smell as sweet!

Ann

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I enjoyed it too, although I couldn't quite remember how Lois and Clark could have a daughter within a week of Clark's return from Krypton in superman Returns. Whose daughter was she supposed to be? Clark's? Then who would her mother be? Admittedly, I do remember something about Lois and Clark having a daughter together. It had something to do with that "plane storm", right?

Sorry I don't have the energy to re-read previous chapters of fanfics.
Well, this tells me I have to write a reprise of the previous installments. - In Plane Storm, a violent electromagnetic event throws the SR versions of Lois and Clark (Charlie and Wanda) into a 2006 LnC world. The LnC Lois and Clark had been handed a newborn girl who had the potential of wrecking Kal-El's position on New Krypton and starting other problems - so the visiting Lois and Clark take her with them when they return to their home plane.

In After the Storm, Wells gets into the action, bringing the LnC Lois and Clark (Joanne and Jerome) into the other universe to save their counterparts from Lex Luthor's machinations.

By the end of After the Storm, the SR Clark is the acknowledged father of both Jason and the baby (with some creative assistance from Lois), has moved in with Lois and she and Richard have broken up - he's heading to Paris with a pretty female assistant with Lois's blessing. Oh, and Clark has lost his powers thanks to Luthor. eek

The Bakery was first introduced in Coffee at the Bakery.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Okay - that explains it. I read it last night and thought 'wow, that's interesting, but i feel like i'm missing something'. Guess I was since I haven't read the others. Didn't someone else [CC? Yvonne? Not sure who] use a bakery as the front for Andrus and friends? Something about the time between Clark eating the bomb/taking the shuttle to space and flying through the window at the DP with Lois in different clothes and daytime vs. dusk and they go forward in time to the Superman museum and everyone thinks they're the new Lois and Clark actors or something. The museum scenes were fun smile .

Anyway - it looked interesting to me and I'll likely read it at some point, but will bow out for the moment since I haven't read the others and really have to finish that blasted paper and get some other stuff done.

smile .
Carol

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
That was In A Better Place by CC Aiken.

But they were using a bakery as a front for the Peacekeeper organization and my Bakery is an inter-planar/temporal nexus. And Joy isn't about to let Andrus anywhere near the cash register (or the door, for that matter). eek

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The worlds that are mentioned seem like references to other stories. I remember most of them. I don't remember the one where Clark is a line editor and Lois has the powers. What story is that?

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I don't remember the one where Clark is a line editor and Lois has the powers. What story is that?
That's my logical (or not so logical) extrapolation of Clark's life from Tomorrow Never Comes and The Sound of Time Passing by Mary Potts

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard