Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Oh - and not to make your life more difficult... but Oliver Brent is now married to Velma Chow wink .

Have I ever mentioned how helpful this chart is? And how much I wish DH would let me dedicate a whole wall to it?!? wink .

Carol [who read a whole bunch of HOME again recently and just finished that one]

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Velma is on there married to Oliver. Maybe you need to refresh.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hmm... I had refreshed and it wasn't there but it is now... go figure smile .
Thanks.
C

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Carol:
I almost had a heart attack, then I saw Velma on the chart. I was sure I'd put her there.
I keep mine on two sheets in my file drawer. It's actually easier to read than a wall chart would be. I'm glad it's helpful. I sure would get lost without it.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Sorry - no heart attack intended smile .

Totally random... Nan, you probably have better things to do with your time but...

Do all superpowered descendants participate in the 'family business'? For instance, I noticed that 3 of CJ's kids are superpowered [Robert, Ellen and Lynn] but that we've never 'met' them. However, Ellen's son is the Blue Djinn [Ali] and his son Kamil is Typhoon. Are R/E/L superheroes that we haven't met yet or, for whatever reason [health of their non-super spouse maybe?] are 'retired' or not in 'the business'? For that matter... what is a pregnant superhero to do? Lara is pregnant now, and while there's probably little danger to her or baby, does Spandex stretch like that wink ? Is it more of a risk to let the world know that one of their superheroes is pregnant? Etc...

Okay - yeah, way over thinking this wink . And you don't actually have to answer Nan - just random ponderings... smile .

Carol [who really does have better things to do with her time than ponder the workings of Nan's Home universe but who enjoys this so much more...]

Kerth
Kerth
You know, Carol, I've been wondering about the pregnancy issue, too. Actually, I think it won't be too bad if one of them gets pregnant and decides to go on hiatus for the time of her pregnancy (and after). But what was it like when there were only five superheroes around (Clark and his four children)? What did Lara and Annie do when they got pregnant at first? confused

But maybe we'll find out anyway. Lara might drop a hint or two, now that she's expecting again. laugh

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Or maybe they're some of those women you just hate because they don't show until they're like 8.5 months and so they wouldn't have to take much time off because they looked pregnant [they might want to, but that's a different issue].

You're right that it probably wouldn't be as big a deal 'now' as it would have 75 years ago, unless they're in an area with only one superhero - then it might be more noticeable. Although I suppose a plausible excuse and a press conference could take care of it 'these days'.

Carol [who still likes Nan's Home Universe more than schoolwork]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard