Next Thread
Print Thread
#50056 02/27/08 03:55 PM
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I'm really glad to see more of this up!

And I love the great leap forward that Lois and Clark have made, although I'm sure they still have a lot to work out between the two of them. I really liked the line about Clark knowing what to do on an examination table, but not with Lois. *sniff*

But now they're back at the beginning, as Lois so aptly put it. Luthor was really creepy in this scene! Great stuff!

Can you remind me of something though? Why is it that Clark can't just use his powers to escape captivity? He could normally get him and Lois out of there no problem, right? So why can't he?

#50057 02/27/08 04:39 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I loved, loved, loved the first half of this chapter. Lois was trying to cook pasta for Clark, and she didn't know that you need water to do it - pity you aren't Swedish, Lois, because the Swedish word for "boil" sounds very much like "cook". (But then you couldn't have told Lois that she should cook the steak.)

Anyway, that whole scene was just adorable! Adorable! The way Lois started to cry, and Clark had to kiss her because he had to comfort her and because he couldn't help himself. Adorable! And she wanted to sleep in his arms all night.

But Luthor creeps me out so badly that I could hardly read the second half of this chapter. SHUDDERS!!!!!

Ann

#50058 02/27/08 04:44 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
[singsong voice]
/me knows what happens
/me knows what happens
[/singsong voice]

Well, for a couple chapters anyway smile .

I too love this Alisha!!! But I hope you know that by now!

Now, I sent that other part back today so I'll have the next one tomorrow right?

Carol [who tells Alisha that beta'ing for her is plenty thanks enough - and then some - and that she'll be extolling thanks as well whenever she gets around to posting smile ]

#50059 02/29/08 09:17 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Hello again.

To answer your questions Beth, Clark is capable of breaking out of there, there's no reason that he couldn't. The problem is, he's so used to them holding him captive, that the idea of just busting out of there hasn't entered his head. If Lois told him to he would without (much) question, but Lois hasn't discovered just how strong Clark really is, so she doesn't realise that he's capable of it. I hope that clears it up.

Ann, I'm horrified to discover that Lex has rendered my story almost unreadable, I may have to kill him off just to keep him from scaring off my readers! laugh wink

And Carol. What can I say? I can't wait for you to start posting so that I can leave fdk starting with:
[singsong voice]
/me knows what happens
/me knows what happens
[/singsong voice]
goofy

#50060 04/03/08 11:59 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Late as usual. I know. Mea culpa.

But it's so good. So many crumbs here. I really love this bit:

Clark looked at his hand and traced the path her hand had taken along his arm, shivering. What did he want to do? Oh, he knew the answer to that. He wanted her to make him feel like a human being, not an alien. He wanted to feel that electricity between them burn with intense passion. But was it what she wanted? He watched her dejected form try to clean the pan.
It starts off so sexy and then it just breaks my heart. I like this relationship between them. It's very sweet and understandable given everything that has happened.

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard