OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

#50035 02/26/08 12:49 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Yay!!! I so looked for this last night after a bout of fighting with a paper and it was no where to be found. Twas sad frown . Ask Kaylle. wink

But here 'tis!!!

I was kind of surprised Clark wasn't waiting for her at the next corner or something but not terribly so. I'm also surprised that Lois didn't want to hear more about what Clark had to say about the whole airplane thing. Clark should have made her talk to him and then helped get her car out of the mud.

Of course they think your sister is alive, Lois. She was on the plane. How long will it take Lois to put two and two together and to not report Clark?

More tonight would be good smile . It's still early!!
Carol

#50036 02/26/08 02:01 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Lois had been to three tours in Iraq, she was a third dan black belt and she had pepper spray. She knew exactly what she was going to do.
Run to the police! How smart! And certainly different than some of the things we've seen other Loises do in the past. Even though she did eventually take the risk, it's interesting to see her act with so much caution. A result of living in this world, maybe?

And what a tease to have them meet and then let her drive off like that!

So sad about Lois' family. How will it be when the sisters meet each other? Probably a sad thing for both of them. They may be blood related, but they're not really sisters.

#50037 02/26/08 02:14 PM
Kerth
Kerth
This is going to get really messy, especially if Lois is foolish enough to mention meeting Clark.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#50038 02/26/08 05:28 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, that was a "hit and run" meeting! Can't say that I blame Lois, however. I look forward to seeing how you get the two of them together again.

Keep up the good work!

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
#50039 02/26/08 06:08 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Another great part. It was frustrating, however, because we need these two to really get together, and it keeps not happening.

On the other hand, now that you keep giving Lois little glimpses of Clark Kent - first his wallet, then the fact that he is not affected by the pepperspray and that he could help her get her car back on the road - should eventually help her to put two and two together. And I agree that if this Lois is "real", she is going to need a lot of convincing before she is ready to believe that Clark is really Superman.

Like Beth pointed out already, it is nice to see this Lois being so smart and cautious. She is used to real danger, not the sometimes fluffy LnC variety of it. I have to agree: if this is supposed to be "real", then Lois is going to need a lot of evidence before she can believe that Clark is Superman.

So Lois is an orphan, because her family was killed in a car crash, and Clark has been orphaned twice, because everyone on his his home planet died, and then his adoptive parents on the Earth were killed in a car crash. Wowzers! Lois and Clark have more in common than they know!

I sure hope that Lois won't report Clark to the authorities!

Ann

#50040 02/26/08 07:41 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm guessing that not only is Lucy alive in Clark's world, so are her parents.

I'm really looking forward to when the penny finally drops for Lois and she puts it all together. There are certainly enough clues. smile Will it take first-hand observation of Clark in action? Even better, at some point she's going to realize that she's not just named Lois Lane, she is Lois Lane.

Given Clark's attitude, I'm sure it will be Lois who pushes him into donning that "ridiculous outfit." Even if he goes back to his own world, I hope our world gets to see a real Superman in action at least once, and hear what he has to say.

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying this! It's a great story and I await every chapter anxiously.

#50041 02/26/08 07:48 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. But it is time for Clark to start hiding in plain sight. Pick up a Superman suit and fly over the city. Set down in front of a TV news crew and demand to know why the US Government is holding the passengers and denying their existence.

Or walk into a library in the suit secure in the knowledge that anyone calling the cops won't be believed!

Framework4
#50042 02/27/08 05:15 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree with Beth; you are a tease. However, considering what we know already about this Lois, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that she's acting even more skeptical than S1 Lois.
Susan Nyugen was one of the best attorneys Lois knew; she’d been Lois’s roommate when she’d gone to Columbia University. They’d gotten along famously. Susan had the same drive and determination that Lois had, with fewer moral qualms....Susan was like a bulldog that didn’t know when to let go, and when she wanted to be, she was annoying as hell.
She sounds like fun; I hope we get to see more of Susan in upcoming chapters.
The horror movie solution it was.
Lois' internal monologue about the movies was funny. laugh
Agent White was ... A distinguished looking man in his early fifties, he’d always reminded her a little of Morgan Freeman.
So we finally know this isn't Perry's counterpart. Maybe he's really God in disguise and he pulled the plane/Clark into this world for his own mysterious purpose? wink

Keep up the good work - I'm really enjoying this one.
BJ

#50043 02/27/08 05:38 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I've been thinking about what Lois has to lose in this universe, and what she has to lose by losing it. The answer seems to be - not much!

Consider. Her parents and sister are dead here. Perry and Jimmy don't seem to be parts of her life. If she has any close and dear friends here, we have yet to meet them. And we know that she is living her life without Clark, her soulmate.

And what does Clark have to gain by staying here? Not much. If this is the "real" universe, then there is no Martha and Jonathan Kent of Smallville, because there is no Smallville. And there is no way that Clark can live either a normal life here under the name of Clark Kent, or try to become Superman with Clark Kent as an alias, since probably hundreds of millions of people know that Clark Kent is Superman. He would stick out like a sore thumb here on Earth, and so many people would be scared and suspicious of him. If there was one Trask in the LnC universe, how many will there be here?

But what will Lois and Clark gain if they can go to Clark's universe together? A lot. Almost certainly there used to be a Lois Lane there, until she died in the Congo. The odds are that no one found her body, though, and therefore Lois can pretend to be her missing counterpart. And in Clark's universe she can have her parents and sister back, and she can make friends with Perry and Jimmy, and she can have a great career as a reporter, and no one will wonder about her name. And she and Clark can have each other. And Clark can be Superman in his own universe, where people don't know that he is Clark.

So all things considered, it seems like a terrific idea to bring Lois and Clark to Clark's universe... unless you want to tell a tragic tale, Ingrid Bergman and Humphrey Bogart style, where the two lovers(?) are separated forever.

[Linked Image]

Ann

#50044 02/27/08 03:54 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow. This Lois is tough. More soon! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#50045 02/27/08 05:01 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I couldn't help but read this segment through a homemaker's eyes. I thought to myself, "He's finally got a decent pair of clothes and now they're soiled with mud. And exactly how is he planning on cleaning them? The guy can't get a break." I suppose I'm not much of a romantic. I missed the whole Ingrid Birgman/Humphrey Bogart thing. LOL!

Elisabeth

#50046 02/27/08 05:29 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
EXCELLENT!

I read it during lunch at work and I have decided not to logon while I'm there...and unfortunately I am rushed in the evening when I can login.

SOOOOO it will be short. grumble

Erk, I was wondering when Clark would get 'found', but I didn't think it would be like that! I was torn over whether she should find him or not at that time and in that situation. The situation was very vulnerable and didn't go to well for Clark. Well I guess it did go well - Clark didn't get caught by the authorities.

Great story line so far. I'm hooked.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#50047 03/01/08 03:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just caught up with a few parts. Nice surprise having Clark jump into Lois' car! A bigger surprise that she didn't leap onto his story, but as we all suspect, the Lucy thing will probably bring her back to him anyway...

Looking forward to more!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#50048 03/02/08 09:44 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
he was dressed in a nice business suit
Wasn't Clark dressed in black work clothes (jeans, twill shirt, jacket, cap) when he got on the Metro to go to Walter Reed?

#50049 03/02/08 10:03 AM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
He bought a business suit on the way out. Didn't want to buy one at Wal=Mart for some reason. <g>

Thanks for all the comments, guys.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard