Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50008 02/24/08 10:57 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yay, Beth's back! And lookie who it is starting the feedback thread! razz A man pushing 60 wearing spandex? I don't care how buff he is, it's just wrong. Wrong wrong wrong! (Unless he's 'stabilised and slowed', but you'd have mentioned that if he had).

Wrong wrong wrong!

Of course I’ll marry you, Jon.
Aaaw! But we all know the course of true love never runs smoothly... is that why you brought Amanda up? Will she be the proverbial spanner in the works?

Ok, I'll wait and see.

Looking forward to more. thumbsup

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#50009 02/24/08 11:33 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Interesting start. Nice to have you back Beth. smile

The key to change... is to let go of fear - Rosanne Cash
#50010 02/25/08 04:12 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/me looks for the jumping up and down smilie...
hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!

I'm concerned a bit about the title - Fidelity. That implies that there's the possibility of infidelity or something. I love Jon and Kaylie. Feel a bit sorry for Amanda walking in on them - three words for them for the future:

LOCK THE DOOR!!! wink

Surely Lois and Clark would have instilled that in their children. I'm quite certain they needed to lock a door a time or two.

Love the connection between Kaylie and Jim[my].

And Jon and Kaylie are getting married!!!!!

So your posting schedule is daily right?!?!
Carol

#50011 02/25/08 08:50 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwww.

Assumption: The female in 3rd person is Claire Faison. And she is dirty.

“Don’t worry, it gets easier with time,” he reassured me. “Usually when he’s at work we say that he’s gone down to storage to do inventory. Nobody would follow him there, and he can reasonably spend hours at a time in that place.”
clap

Are you going to go for another weekly schedule again?

The title sure sounds interesting. But since I'm quite sure you are not going for the most obvious fidelity in a relationship (I don't see them doing that) I wonder what it's going to be. Perhaps Jon buys a low quality sound system wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#50012 02/25/08 03:15 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Ack! Aging superheroes. Ack!
Unfortunately, gr8shades, that's one of the downsides of writing nextgen. It's unavoidable that the canon characters will be older. So maybe it's a good idea that this is a story and not a movie, so you won't get any visuals. wink

Cheeseofthemonth, thanks for letting me know that you're reading!

Carol, you give very good advice. If only you could jump inside the story and tell the characters...

So your posting schedule is daily right?!?!
Hah! I wish... Like Michael suggested, I'll try to stick to the once a week schedule that I did with Honesty. I may fall behind occasionally due to life and all that, but I'll do my best to post frequently.

Assumption: The female in 3rd person is Claire Faison. And she is dirty.
Ooo! Interesting guess, Michael! But you know I won't give anything away just yet...

As far as the title goes, all I'll say is that it's not meant to be taken entirely literally or conventionally. There are lots of different ways to show fidelity, and it also doesn't always have to be in a romantic relationship, although that's where it is most frequently used.

#50013 02/25/08 03:25 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Upon further pondering... [and while I keep hitting refresh to see if a new part is posted wink ]

Since they didn't do such a good job with the 'lock the door' thing, did Lois and Clark at least instill in their kids the 'once you're sure, don't wait to get married, lest psychotic criminal exbillionaires or wedding destroyers or people who turn people into little people or crazy aliens from what you thought was a dying planet or shrinks you wish the people who turn the people into little people would actually 'shrink' interrupt things'?

Seriously. Can I at least have a few minutes with Lois before she heads of to do this interview to make sure she's discussed these very important things with her offspring? Or Clark? Or heck - even Jim[my] since he was often the source of interruptions, surely he understands the importance of LOCK THE DOOR!!!

Carol [who still hopes for daily and leaves her inbox wide open for sneak previews any time Beth wants to send them wink ]

#50014 02/26/08 02:33 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Squee! I loved the entire scene at the Planet - the mess on his desk, all the people barging in, her talk with Jimmy, the whole nine yards. It's great.

The proposal suprised me, it seems quick, but I know there will be some hoops they have to jump on the way. Looking forward to part two!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#50015 02/26/08 05:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ack! Aging superheroes. Ack! A man pushing 60 wearing spandex?
rotflol

Thank you so much for putting that image in my head. I've got another image, but I'll keep it to myself LOL.

Anyway yay, there's a sequel! I'm mildly concerned about an engagement fic with the title of Fidelity...hmm, I'll be on the look-out for culprits. And maybe Jon will be, too...methinks he kind of likes investigating things every now and then...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#50016 02/26/08 06:38 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Is the image something like this, JD?

[Linked Image]

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#50017 02/26/08 07:09 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL, tack on some grey hair, and I think that's pretty darn close!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#50018 02/26/08 01:53 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Carol, it's not going to be Jimmy, but I can tell you that Jon and Kaylie are due for a little lecture coming up very soon. But I'll let you guess who the lecturer might be...

Lisa, glad to know you liked this part. Despite Carol's "gentle nudges", part two will be up in a few days.

JD:

I'm mildly concerned about an engagement fic with the title of Fidelity...hmm, I'll be on the look-out for culprits.
With you on the case, those potential culprits had better watch their backs!

And gr8shades, I love that picture!

#50019 02/27/08 06:00 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Yay… Jon and Kaylie are back!!! smile1

#50020 02/27/08 08:58 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I get one little cough and suddenly I get behind with everything - reading fics, writing fics, visiting the boards... not to mention leaving fdk!

Haven't had a chance to read this yet, Beth, in fact I've only just found it, but I am very excited to see it and can't wait to read it! I would have left actual feedback afterwards, but considering my current speed at getting through things, part 2 will probably be up by then and I don't want to be too late, but I'll put my neck on the line and say it's a great part - even without reading it! wink

#50021 02/27/08 03:49 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks Dede!

There will be some Ellie coming soon, I promise. Somewhere around part three is where I think she'll make her first appearance.

And thanks for the vote of confidence, Alisha. Hopefully you enjoyed it as much as you thought you would. smile

#50022 02/29/08 09:04 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I did. You can post the next part now because I'm all caught up! thumbsup

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard