Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, tell me what you think!

#49928 02/21/08 06:48 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
SQUEEEEE

Clark is finally using his head, and so is Lois. Of course, given the known problems at Walter Reed, I suspect the heart attack victims wish they were somewhere else. (Like Iraq.)

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#49929 02/21/08 07:01 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
AAAHHH!!!!

TOO SHORT!!!

More soon!!!
Carol

#49930 02/21/08 07:17 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay!! A Veritas fix, just in time! smile1
Steven Segall and Rambeau
Steven Seagal and Rambo?
Clark slowly opened the book, almost dreading what he would find there.
Poor Clark. He's not going to be happy finding out that he's a comic book character in our world.
However, the passengers who’d had heart attacks had been air lifted to the Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
The sick passengers were being held at the Walter Reed Army medical center
I was wondering how you were going to have Lois and Clark cross paths. This is very natural!

#49931 02/21/08 07:48 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Looking forward to Lois and Clark meeting. Heh, Lois is in for a shock thinking nothing's going to surprise her more... Yay! Clark's getting to know Superman.

Just a nitpick... typo?
It was funny; she’d slept on the ground many times and had less pain than one night back at home in Metropolis. She’d assume that it was old age, but at twenty six she should still be too young to have much pain.
By the way, thanks for clearing up the age difference, there's hope despite Clark's time-jumping from 1993 to 2008 in this alternate universe. wink thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#49932 02/22/08 08:00 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is great, Shayne. Seeing Lois discover a man hanging from the plane was perfect and I also enjoyed seeing Clark starting to investigate and take charge.
After the events of the night before, there was nothing that was going to surprise her.
<snort!> Yeah, right.

Can't wait for the next chapter.
BJ

#49933 02/22/08 08:09 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Okay.... Lois thinks she's looking for someone like Arnie in Commmando (which has an "escaping from a plane as it takes off" scene). Wonder what she'll think when she realises he's more like the Terminator, only friendly.

Sorry - not a good comparison, but the same actor...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#49934 02/22/08 08:50 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A new chapter! Great!

Action heroes were apparently real.
Make that Super heroes, Lois! laugh

Still, in Washington D.C., the best way to blend in was to wear a business suit.
Not a good idea for Clark Kent to wear a business suit, that´s what he wears in the comics all the time.

That would be enough to start. Given his abilities, he’d be able to find out more when he reached there.
And if the Federal Agents have more than one brain cell, they will expect that. They already know what he looks like, the pilot saw him fly. What they don´t know is his name - and they wouldn´t believe it... or would they? By now they have to know that the passengers from the plane are from another universe. The evidence is overwhelming, and obviously they try to get hold of any footage of it to keep the reporters from conclusions.

It was a little scary that they all had the same symbol he’d found on his baby blankets. A simple shield surrounding an S shape. It had piqued his curiosity, along with the comments in the bar from the man who’d talked about a reporter who could fly and was super strong.
Your Clark doesn´t know much about where he comes from, does he? He´s in for some big revelations!

Clark slowly opened the book, almost dreading what he would find there.
Hello Kal-El from Krypton, meet Jor-El and Lara, your biological parents and your wife... Lois Lane! shock And yes, Clark, that´s you!

She even had an excuse to be there. Private Chalmers, the man she’d helped rescue in Iraq was being airlifted in today. She’d promised to come and see him. If she should happen to wander on her way to or back from that visit, she couldn’t be blamed.
So now there is a place where Lois and Clark will meet. Yay! I´m looking forward to that!

Pleasepleaseplase update soon! grovel

#49935 02/22/08 11:20 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
My first thought... Clark should have bought more than one comic book. If he's only bought one, say, Action Comics #859 (one of the recent ones) there may be no information about Clark Kent or Lois Lane or Smallville or Martha and Jonathan Kent in it at all. The story may be all about Superman, and Superman doesn't mean anything to Clark. Then again, Clark, even if you were unlucky about the comic you bought, think about it anyway. Why would this comic book character wear the symbol that was found on yur spaceship? And didn't you hear those guys from a previous part say that Superman comes from Smallville? How likely is it that a comic book hero who's got your superpowers and your 'S' shield and comes from you your home town would have nothng to do with you?

And remember that they mentioned the woman who was filming you, Clark, and they called her Lois Lane? And they said that she couldn't be a newscaster on TV because she has a funny comic book name that links her with Superman. Shouldn't you look her up?

Well, it looks like the two of you might be meeting up at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center! Yay!!! Please post the next part soon!

Ann

#49936 02/22/08 11:26 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Nice, as always--although I have the feeling that Lois is going to be surprised at how her day goes.

Elisabeth

#49937 02/22/08 02:02 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
And if the Federal Agents have more than one brain cell, they will expect that.
/me muffles giggles. I have no idea what a RL federal agent's life or job would be like, so no offense to any real person, but this feedback had me laughing.

From the bits we've overheard (courtesy of eavesdropping!Lois), the Federal Agents in this story don't seem to be doing too badly at putting things together. They may come up with Alt-world or they may think someone is using technology to use the Superman mythos in their attacks against the US. I don't think so, but I had the thought and decided to throw it out there.

Personally, I think they know they're from an alt-world and aren't happy about having Superman around. That said, I'm still hopeful that Agent White turns out to be Perry.

BJ

#49938 02/22/08 05:25 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois and Clark ending up at Walter Reed at the same time? Humm... This ought to be interesting.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#49939 02/22/08 06:27 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just a nitpick... typo?
It was funny; she’d slept on the ground many times and had less pain than one night back at home in Metropolis.
More like a Freudian slip... we're all so used to "Metropolis" it didn't even register.

Hilda nodded. “Jake is out of town at a medical conference.”
Jake and Hilda? Heinlein's Number of the Beast?

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard