Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I FINALLY finished it!

Here's the FDK thread for Chapter Six !

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
YAY! More reason to procrastinate!! wink

[rant]Can someone just smack all the other Kryptonians upside the head? Please? This is something that frustrates me with all NK stories [my own included]. [sarcasm]Lord Kal-El[/sarcasm] wasn't raised on Krypton or New Krypton or any other Krypton. How does he still fall under their laws? Is it like saying 'okay you had a birth marriage which is legally binding in Canada but you left for whatever reason and went to the US to live when you were like 3 months old, but we're going to force you back to Canada to marry some chick you've never met'? Maybe Canada/US isn't a a good example because of the relatively similar cultures etc. But what about US/Canada and say Saudi Arabia or India or something? Especially if you were the birth wife. Okay - I get extradition for things like murder and stuff, but extradition for cheating on a birth wife you never knew about or something? Give me a freaking break.[/rant for now wink ]

Anyway - someone should smack those NKers upside the head is my point. Or get Lois some Kryptonite while Clark is at a Typhoon in Japan or something. It'll be all taken care of by the time he gets back.

I'm hoping the next part isn't so long in coming. I'm not liking Cash and the General guy, but I'm probably not supposed to wink .

More soon please smile .
Carol

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hehe, Carol. That rant of yours basically voices all of what Lois REALLY wants to say.

As for NK-ers in general . . . they haven't had to deal with any situation like the one with Clark before, so they're just applying their laws to him anyway. They don't see anything wrong with it, because they don't know any other way.

I'm hoping the next part isn't so long in coming. I'm not liking Cash and the General guy, but I'm probably not supposed to [Wink] .
Oh, I hope it won't be so long in coming either. The only reason this part was so long in coming was because I took a year-long hiatus to focus on Harry Potter stuff between posting chapter five and starting to write chapter six. I am now fully back to FoLC-dom, so I hope to write chapter seven in a significantly smaller amount of time.

As for the other--all will reveal itself in time. wink

Thanks for the feedback!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Giggles... Oh, joy. I get to comment on someboday who takes longer to post parts than me. rotflol (Smile. I’m teasing you....)

Lois was just adorable when she was irritated. Plus, her rants were almost as fun to listen to as her babble-tangents.
Aww... That’s just so Lois.

“No, no, that’s not it,” he hurried to explain, quietly so as not to be overheard by their colleagues ranged around the bullpen. “Mom and Dad were already at my apartment, right? So when Jor-El and Lara and the others contacted me in my head, it woke me up. I was so surprised, I must have shouted because I woke up Mom and Dad, so I told them what the other four were saying, and we came up with the plan for this evening. I had already planned to tell you about it when you got here, but I didn’t know you had over-slept. I called you as soon as I could get to a phone after I realized you weren’t here yet.”
Lois *is* not the only one that babbles...

It was like she was reciting a lesson, or she was some kind of brainwashed propaganda machine for Minitrue.
As I’ve never read 1984, this made little sense to me, but I think I got the gist of it.

“Do your people not have brains to think? Do they not have hearts to feel? Are you all robots, doing only what you’re told, never questioning whether or not those commands are right and good? Did no one think for themselves on Krypton?”
You tell ‘em Lois. Very nicely said, Darcy.

Laws of Excuse
I like that.

“Lady Zara is not merely a noblewoman,” Ching protested. “She is the First Lady, blood heir to the Kryptonian monarchy, and Lord Kal-El is the ruler consort, First Lord of New Krypton.” Clark stared at Ching, eyes wide, and jaw slack. Him, a king? The idea was daunting, to say the least.
I always took it from the show that Clark was the blood heir to the monarchy and Zara was the ruler consort, especially since he seemed to more take command aboard the ship than she did. It’s interesting to see a different take on it.

Were I to refuse a husband and sever the birth marriage after the thirty-first anniversary of my birth,
Just curious - why her 31st birthday?

Great part, Darcy. Your writing has improved. You’ve inspired to get off my butt and post another part of A New Hero. smile

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
It was like she was reciting a lesson, or she was some kind of brainwashed propaganda machine for Minitrue.
As I’ve never read 1984, this made little sense to me, but I think I got the gist of it.
Well, since this isn't the actual story, I can actually explain now. You're not the first person to ask about Minitrue--one of my betas did too. smile

Minitrue is short for "The Ministry of Truth," which in Orwell's world is actually in charge of spreading propaganda (lies). There is also Miniluv, or "The Ministry of Love," which is in charge of hate (the main character gets tortured in the Ministry of Love), and Miniplen, or "The Ministry of Plenty," which is in charge of the food and often makes people go hungry for no reason.

I always took it from the show that Clark was the blood heir to the monarchy and Zara was the ruler consort, especially since he seemed to more take command aboard the ship than she did. It’s interesting to see a different take on it.
I had originally intended to write it that way, but then the part about having to get married didn't make sense. After all, there's usually nothing "wrong" with an unmarried king, at least until he's reigned for too long without an heir, right? Whereas, unmarried queens are anywhere from asked to commanded to marry before they can rule--Queen Elizabeth of England being an exception, I think. (British FoLCs, please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Just curious - why her 31st birthday?
Honestly, because I wanted to make the situation seem a little more urgent--but not too much more. I figure Zara is a year or two younger than Clark, which would put her at about 29 or 30. Plus, it gives her an excuse to have ruled alone before then--because she wasn't required to have a consort.

Then again, women are usually told that it's dangerous to have children after the age of forty (or they were the last time I heard about it--which was before my brother was born 13 years ago, I think), so I figured it would be a "down to the wire"-type thing.

If a female Kryptonian ruler had not married before the first year of her third decade was over (less than ten years before forty), and therefore not yet produced any legitimate heirs, they would be required to marry post-haste, to get with the baby-making. Does that make sense?

Darcy\'s Place
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Cool I would love to see Zara and Ching together

Shelley
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ooh! Somebody new is reading my story. Yay!

Thanks for the FDK. smile

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love it. where is the rest of it?

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Still in my head, unfortunately. I've thought many times about getting it down on the screen since my last chapter post, but every time I think about it, I'm always either at work, or doing something else at the time. Whenever I actually have the time to set some fanfic down, I usually don't remember that it's something I could be working on.

Darcy\'s Place

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard