ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

#49867 02/19/08 01:27 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Wondering who or what is in Lois's flat. Nice idea with the scratch cards, a little unethical but an easy answer to Clark's problem. Don't know if you have to show ID to take the winnings - for taxes? Not for small wins in the UK, have no idea how it works in the USA.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#49868 02/19/08 01:46 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
A little unethical with the scratch cards, but certainly understandable. Wonder who is in Lois' apartment. Agent White? Wonder which White that is. I'm leaning towards Perry since he's a friend of her father's wink .

As for Clark... Poor guy frown . Displaced in time and space. Are Walmarts really that big? I've never really thought about it but that seems big to me - even for a Supercenter... *shrug*. At least he can get in and out and hopefully he won't get too much flak for the clothes or lack of license when he goes to cash in his tickets. Or maybe he can pay someone to do it for him if it comes down to it.

More soon please smile . Can't wait to see where this goes!
Carol

#49869 02/19/08 07:18 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. but Clark, find a library or an all night bookstore!

Framework4
#49870 02/19/08 07:50 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, I would just love if it was Clark in her apartment! But I think not. Maybe it is Agent White. And if it is, she is going to hand over the wallet, and everybody who is anything in the military or secret service or Homeland Security or whatever will know exactly what Clark looks like. Don't give them the wallet, Lois!

This was absolutely horrible:

He had an uneasy feeling that the passengers on that flight might just disappear if it was inconvenient for the government to admit they existed. The thought of innocent people being held in some foreign prison and subjected to humiliation and worse for information they did not possess bothered Clark deeply.
Yes! It is certainly possible that that might happen. Who looks out for the rights of people who have been accidentally dropped in a universe where they aren't supposed to exist, when the government's and the military's right to defend itself against terrorism is in the balance?

Who was Superman? There wasn't anything about him in the paper at all, not that Clark would have expected him to be. He certainly wasn't in the comic section. Most of the comic strips were familiar at least, although for some reason they seemed to be reprinting old Peanuts strips.
I hope Clark will try harder to find out about Superman. If he does, he might begin to guess that he and Lois Lane are linked, and who knows, he may even look her up.

Please, Shayne, bring Clark and Lois together soon!

Ann

#49871 02/20/08 01:58 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great segment, Shayne. I love the details on the way Clark is using his powers -- seeing through the scratch cards, reading maps and newspapers from a distance. Clark has jumped ahead in time 15 years, but what about Lois? Was she born later in this universe, or is there a bigger age difference between them here? Will she see him as a young pup? However it turns out, I know I'll be intrigued.

-- Lauren

#49872 02/20/08 07:39 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Oh, Lauren, I didn't even think about an age difference! Very good point.

And how confusing for Clark to not only jump universes but to skip ahead in time as well. This just isn't his day, is it?

I love how Lois has found Clark's wallet. It makes a really good set up for when they finally meet. And I can't decided if it'd be better if Clark knew about Lois Lane and Superman in advance or not. It could make for some funny moments either way.

I'm becoming extremely spoiled by the frequent posts, but don't let that stop you from doing it! I'm looking forward to more of this story.

#49873 02/20/08 11:39 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Still reading it and enjoying it immensely... Hope Clark gets to have his winnings, howsoever acquired wink . Liked this universe's version of Inspector Henderson (atleast to me, Byerson felt like Henderson) smile

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#49874 02/21/08 11:17 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I doubt Clark will have any problem with ID on the scratch-off lottery tickets, because they're regulated by state law. Oh, I forgot; he's not in New Troy, but I still think Shayne can write his own laws.

The Superman reference above Wal-Mart threw me for a minute, since no one had recently been discussing Superman. You state that the newspapers didn't say anything about Superman, so I wasn't sure exactly where Clark heard about him.

BTW, you sure do know how to end a part.

Elisabeth

#49875 02/21/08 03:17 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Great story, Shayne. Now stop reading the feedback and give us the next part!

Kidding again. I like how Lois is boring in on the center of the story. And I personally think that Clark's use of his powers to win the scratch-off games is fine. He's not taking that money away from anyone else, and there's no guarantee that those cards would have come up a winner for another person who bought them. Besides, he's doing this so he can get two hundred other people home to their families. He's not trying to get rich.

I wonder if the person in Lois's apartment is still breathing. It couldn't be Clark, because the only hint of Lois Lane he might have at this point is something he might have glimpsed in a comic book or strip, or maybe on the back of a DVD set of TV episodes.

Seriously, you've spoiled us. I'd really like to read the next part!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard