Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
“But, Clark didn’t give them the boy,” Lois whispered to Jackson.

“I know,” Jackson whispered back. “Interesting, no?”
Very. Keeps getting better and better.

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
There's a B-plot here...??? Where?

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Well, the A-plot is certainly fascinating! How did the villains know that kryptonite would weaken Clark? Why did they have kryptonite at hand so they could stop him?

And they hypnotized him!! What did they order him to do??

That Dr. Jackson is not A-okay, if you ask me. He reminds Lois of Dr. Deter!!!! Someone has to stop him!!!!

Come back soon with more! hyper

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
There's a B-plot here...??? Where?
Well the original ep had NO B-plot at all. It had a couple minor side plots for giggles but no real moving anywhere between Lois and Clark. At least Lois is worried about Clark.

Jackson is a crossover character, originally played by Vladek Sheybal.
[Linked Image]

He's a lot like Klein, really... goofy

I never did like that in the original ep, they had Superman being hypnotized so easily in the middle of a crisis. Maybe that's why this episode is one of the ones with the fewest rewrites in the archive. (That and no B-plot)

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Columnist
Columnist
So is Clark hypnotized or not? I'm a little confused. But I guess all will be explained soon.

And about Superman being hypnotized in the original epi... Well, there was quite a bit in that episode that flew in the face of science. As far as I know, a person who has been hypnotized will not do anything that directly contradicts their ethics/personality/whatever. ie, you can't hypnotize Superman and get him to lock Lois in a water tank because his subconscious would not allow him to do that, regardless of who is controlling him.

But then again, this is LnC, so maybe that doesn't really matter

Top Banana
Top Banana
It's true that a person under normal hypnosis will not do anything they would normally find repugnant or completely against their morals. (The Amazing Kreskin even had an award for anyone who could scientifically prove that hypnosis [aside from self-hypnosis, a self-induced altered mental state] even existed as a phenomena - no one ever collected the reward.)

Unless assisted by drugs and/or extreme psychological reprogramming, hypnosis doesn't do what it did on LnC - but in Never on Sunday, magic was introduced as as real psychoactive force, and red K has some psychoactive properties as well.

shock

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I very much like your take on this. The underlying currents to the A-plot are much more interesting. While this still isn't B-plot heavy, I don't mind so much since this is so good to read.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard