Page 2 of 2 1 2
#49774 02/16/08 05:54 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Thank you all for the wonderful feedback! *hugs FoLCs*

A bit of a tease, but a very cute ending
I know, BJ, I know. I tried to get them to tell me what happened next but they refused! goofy

AH! Clark Kent! You're not supposed to be like other guys!
Well, he's not, Lara, but sometimes he is. smile I know my own husband would probably be thinking about some obscure movie in that situation!

I think there are a lot of elements highlighted here, too many to just breezily compliment this as a sweet early-marriage fic.
Thank you so much, Kathy! I really was trying to bring out a few very definite ideas, and I'm happy it was successful.

Remember the aphorism, 'God is in the details'? I think love might just be in the details too.
Alcyone, what a beautiful thought; I love it.

PS So what's else is up your sleeve?
A couple things - an alternate pilot story that I've been working on for over a year, and after that, a certain secret agent story that you might remember... wink

I thought it was kinda erotic too!
This made me panic a little - suddenly I was worried that maybe all the talk of undressing and breasts was over the line for gfic! In any event, I'm flattered that you think so. blush

None of us married Superman, and yet there are so many things that sound as if they come from the scrapbook or our own memories
Elisabeth, you've noted exactly what I love about Lois and Clark - they're extraordinary people, but still they're just people with thoughts and emotions and experiences like those of so many others. I'm glad the story felt familiar to you.

It takes a good understanding of Lois and Clark as people in order to properly convey how they would be as a married couple, and you do a great job of this.
Extra thanks for this, Jenn!

A couple of you wondered why Lois felt so badly, and the truth is I didn't actually pin that down. It could be the imminent arrival of trusty Aunt Flo, or it could just be a crap day. I hadn't actually thought about pregnancy, but it could be that, too. In fact, I suppose this story could take place just a few days before In the Still of the Night . Yeah... I totally planned that! goofy

Thanks again, everybody. I'm truly appreciative of all your kind comments. Thank you for reading my story!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#49775 02/17/08 08:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sweet story.

And while I wouldn't be tuning in to a football game,(the SciFi channel is more my speed) I can relate to the lostness he felt as his wife wasn't acting like his wife...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#49776 02/20/08 05:21 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to catch up on the boards. So, I opened this and then almost immediately closed it again when I realized it was a post-marriage fic. Generally, that's not my thing.

I'm so glad something made me stay. This was lovely. Not a hint of Superman in this, just pure Lois and Clark being Lois and Clark.

There were parts of this that were funny, like Clark tuning in to the football game, but for the most part, it was simply sweet. It captured one of my favorite parts of marriage. Not the grand gestures, but the little details of everyday that scream "I love you".

And given that this is early in their marriage, Clark's worries that he won't be able to help her seem so very real to me.

My husband is a pretty sensitive guy, and yet, he is often surprised when I will randomly mention something silly that he did months later because it meant so much to me.

Clark always seemed that way to me, too - thinking that if he just saved Lois every time her life was in danger, either as Superman or as Clark, she would see how much he loved her and love him back. And somehow never seeming to really get that when she did fall in love with him, it wasn't for these grand gestures, but for the little things.

This story does such a good job of drawing that out. Clark is doing all these little things for Lois, but is doing them while panicking that he won't be able to help. He has no idea he's already helping until Lois tells him.

Thank you for sharing such a sweet story.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard