OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

#49739 02/14/08 06:01 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Um... only one word actually comes to mind and that's 'wow'.

The next phrase that shows up is "DAILY POSTS?!?! WOOHOO!!!!!" wink .

More soon please, Shayne. I'm dying to know what happens and how radar caught him etc. And what Lois thinks when... well, not Jimmy perhaps but someone enhances the tape.
Carol

#49740 02/14/08 06:05 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I think it's great. Too short, of course. goofy

He didn’t hear the sonic boom from the missile until after it had already hit him.
And with an ending like this one - well, I'll be expecting you back here tomorrow night with an update!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#49741 02/14/08 06:09 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, so we know know the missile didn't do too much. He heard it.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#49742 02/14/08 06:53 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow. That's the only word that comes to mind.

Keep it coming! smile

malu

#49743 02/14/08 07:06 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nice one Shayne... but leaving me salivating for more!

*wipes drool off board*

I can't wait to see how Clark reacts to this new world, and how this new world reacts to finding superman being real...

keep it coming!!

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
#49744 02/14/08 09:06 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
jawdrop more? si vous ples :rolleyes:

Sarah,

Tempus: You want to know the future, Miss Lane? No one works, no one argues, there are 9,000 channels and nothing on!
#49745 02/15/08 07:17 AM
Kerth
Kerth
When Clark realises how bad our world is compared to his, he is NOT going to be happy...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#49746 02/15/08 07:37 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm going to be lazy and copy the comment I posted on Zoom's board...

It was impossible.

Even with all his powers, there was no way Clark could have removed a city so seamlessly from the face of the earth. There should be signs of earth being filled back in, of the subway system, of the extensive underground excavation beneath the main city.

Hobbs bay was still there, and the contour of the land followed what he'd remembered, more or less. But somehow more than two hundred square miles of buildings and more than seven million people had simply vanished into thin air, as though they had never existed.
Oh, wow! This is so eerie, so creepy.

Despite having a woman who loved him, he'd always been a little disconnected from it all. Whether it was seeing what had happened to his parents when he was ten, or living through the foster care system, he'd always had a sense that part of him was broken inside. He loved Lana, as much as he loved anyone, but it was a shallow love.

He'd dreamed once of having something more, a deeper, more powerful emotion that would take his breath away and make his head spin. He'd wanted something like his parents had once had- passion that had grown into something even deeper. He'd wanted to be with someone who made him look forward to waking up the next day.

With Lana there had always been a little dread.

Now, though, he was utterly alone.
I love this description of Clark's unfulfilling love for Lana, and his longing for something more and deeper. And I can't help thinking that this Lois, even though she has only been named Lois because her parents were into Superman, is nevertheless a real Lois, a true Lois, and Clark's existential, cosmos-shattering need to be with her has sent him hurtling from his fictional world of LnC into the real world of terrorist threats and war in Iraq - and Lois.

Wow. Fantastic. I'm so looking forward to the meeting between these two soulmates, whose soulmate-ship extends across, and beyond, time and space.

Ann

#49747 02/15/08 08:16 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm with Marcus: When seen through the eyes of someone that is from a gentler place, our world really is very dark. Somehow, I don't think that our government or military will be very happy to have Superman around. It's a good thing there's no Kryptonite in our dimension.

I really can't wait for the meeting between Lois and Clark. She'll know all about him and he won't have a clue.

BJ

#49748 02/15/08 12:43 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
The other thing I'm wondering...

When will Tempus show up wink ?
Carol

#49749 02/15/08 03:12 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This is really good! Lots of mysterious goings-on, people who aren't where they're supposed to be (and who don't even exist where they are now), a super man who won't be hurt by that missile (to the extreme consternation of those who launched it), a reporter who will see or hear something on that video tape which will cause her to overturn all that she "knows" to be true about Superman, and a yet unrevealed agency which has shifted the Man of Steel to yet another dimension (which is chillingly similar to our own reality).

Like others, I look forward to the first meeting between Lois and Clark. And the first meeting between Lois and some of those people off the plane. Will she assume "mass hysteria" when they tell her that Superman saved them? Or will she look at the facts objectively and accept the only possible conclusion, despite its apparent impossibility?

Whatever happens, it's sure to enthrall us. Keep it coming!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#49750 02/15/08 03:55 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
They’d arrested every single person on the plane.
Good golly! That seems like an over-reaction to me.

In Iraq, everyone had always been worried. Here, it was still a little new.
A poignant thought. It's easy to distance yourself from reality in a global world.

more than seven million people had simply vanished into thin air, as though they had never existed.
Maybe he should check with the Post Office. A few of them might have forwarded their mail. laugh Just a thought.

He didn’t hear the sonic boom from the missile until after it had already hit him.
Do you normally allow Tank to end your parts for you?

Honestly enjoying this. Looking forward to the next part.

Elisabeth
edit: Do y'all really think that this world is a worse place than the fictional Metropolis? They have the supervillain of the week, you know.

#49751 02/15/08 05:39 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good grief you know how to leave us hanging! Can't wait to find out what happens next!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#49752 02/15/08 07:15 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Absolutely loved it! Clark's systematic investigation of what is and what isn't is superb. Also love the small differences in Lois' charatcteristics like the video-journalist thing, etc.

Hmm, I was just thinking that Lois and Clark each clearly exist in only one of the universes, but how about some of the people in the plane meeting their counterparts in this world.. maybe one of them is on the task force assigned to interview the people ? ... or perhaps all the people from Clark's world are those who only appear in fiction (like Superman) in this world, heh smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard